Author Topic: Is this the right spot for sick fish ?  (Read 1246 times)

Offline PondFrog

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Members
  • With us since: 28/04/2009
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
    • View Profile
Is this the right spot for sick fish ?
« on: April 28, 2009, 11:08:56 AM »
hello everybody,
Hope I am putting this in the right spot, I have a goldfish bought from a bait shop(actually a dzn), they have been in my pond for about 3 weeks now, I have one that has a swollen area,right behind the gill flap, its sluggish(when it doesn't have a net after it). I have put it into a 1 gallon jar with airstone for now. Any ideas on what this could be, I'm thinking somekind of parasitic worm. Have seen similiar spots on bass and bream I have caught, the spot contained a tiny bright red worm. Could this be goldfish problem, ideas to treat pond ? Learning alot by "my trials and many errors" about ponds. ;-)

Offline newbieincaliprincess

• Members
  • With us since: 27/04/2009
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
    • View Profile
Re: Is this the right spot for sick fish ?
« Reply #1 on: April 28, 2009, 12:18:52 PM »
Hi and welcome (although I am a newbie myself)! I believe you have a parasite infestation. I am dealing with a different type of parasite but treating is along the same lines as far as I know. Sea salt, medication from the pet store for ponds not aquariums (the aquarium stuff is more expensive from what I saw, and meant for a smaller scale) and a parasite killing food to feed for the little guys. I had to struggle with ich for weeks and most of my feeders survived it (lost 4 out of the 11 I originally purchased) but now I have parasites. I learned my lesson I will never buy "cheap" fish again. If any thing I will spend the extra money and get good quality fish that are well taken care of and keep new fish isolated for at least a month. In the end my 24 cent feeder fish and my 12 dollar koi have cost me over 150 dollars in medication and treatments.

Offline nartas

• Members
  • With us since: 13/12/2022
    YearsYears
    • View Profile
Re: Is this the right spot for sick fish ?
« Reply #2 on: August 11, 2023, 10:50:07 AM »
We discuss features like surround sound, microphone quality, and comfort for long gaming sessions, helping gamers find the perfect pair to elevate their gaming setup. best headphones for piano

Sitemap 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 
All photo's & content within copyright © 2006-2017 WorldWide WaterGardeners and it's membership "All Rights Reserved"