Author Topic: Congratulations Krista!  (Read 1848 times)

Offline LeeAnne151

• Trade Count: (24)
  • Members
  • With us since: 09/08/2006
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
    • View Profile
    • My Photo Galleries
Congratulations Krista!
« on: March 08, 2007, 08:44:09 AM »
I received a change of address in the mail the other day from Krista. They moved into the new house!

Can't wait for pictures.
~LeeAnne~

“Women and cats will do as they please, and men and dogs should relax and get used to the idea.”

Robert A. Heinlein

Portland, Oregon. USDA Zone 8~Sunset Zone 6

Offline maryvonne

• Trade Count: (2)
  • Members
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
    • View Profile
    • My photo albums
Re: Congratulations Krista!
« Reply #1 on: March 08, 2007, 09:01:14 AM »
I got one too. I guess they are busy settling in. Pretty exciting though.

Maryvonne
Maryvonne
Surrey B.C.
Canada

zone 7-8

Offline Esther

• Trade Count: (9)
  • Members
  • With us since: 05/01/2006
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 08, 2007, 09:08:05 AM »
I think they stayed with her folks for a while. At least that is what one of the emails she sent me said something about. Let's see, I think it said to send the mail after a week ago last Tuesday but she knew that what I was sending was coming from the states and knew it took longer to get there so I don't know exactly when they were moving.

GAJen

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #3 on: March 08, 2007, 05:57:09 PM »
Glad to hear that for them.

Offline MikeW

• Trade Count: (1)
  • Members
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 09, 2007, 07:42:48 AM »
. . . . and wan't that the fanciest 'change of address' card you had ever seen?

The new house has a place for your card making business, right?

Cheers,

Mike

Los Angeles California Zone 10

Anytime I see something screech across a room and latch onto someone's neck, and the guy screams and tries to get it off, I have to laugh, because what is that thing?

Offline Esther

• Trade Count: (9)
  • Members
  • With us since: 05/01/2006
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 09, 2007, 08:59:38 AM »
Yah, here I am answering for Krista. I'm sure as soon as she can find the computer in the boxes, we'll hear the real answers. I told her I would embroider a kitchen towel for her as a house warming gift and instead she wanted a towel to use in the bath that is nearest the "classroom".  So I used an off white hand towel and used a "I heart scrapbooking" script on it. She thought it would be fun to put out for her students to use.

Offline LeeAnne151

• Members
    • View Profile
    • My Photo Galleries
« Reply #6 on: March 09, 2007, 09:37:05 AM »
Yes, it was the fanciest change of address card I've ever seen. She is really talented.
~LeeAnne~

“Women and cats will do as they please, and men and dogs should relax and get used to the idea.”

Robert A. Heinlein

Offline Krista

• Members
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 13, 2007, 10:53:12 PM »
awwww thanks guys!!! Glad you liked your cards (would of sent everyone one but didn't have your address; just the people I've gotten tipsy withl ;))

We are moved in now .. took possesion a day earlier than expected and had the key in hand at 2pm on February 28th. Our truck with 4/5 of our stuff arrived on the third. And even though I had trucked the computer over in my own van, I didn't have a place to set it up until Friday. I had to totally rework a room for my studio.. and yes Mike, I do have my own studio/office PLUS a huge rec room that doubles as an indoor running around room for the kids and a teaching studio for my classes.  I have 2 boxes left in my craft room to unpack and organize. about 5 in my room/bathroom, 6 in the twins bedroom and 4 in the kitchen. Not too bad for 14 days eh.

I have also installed counter tops and several shelves in the laundry room, helped DH installed 1by4 shelves in his 'man room', 2 counters and multiple shelving in my studio, organized the back yard since we now live in a much nicer areas, can't be slumming it...lol. according to my mother that is.

and my first class in the new house is next Monday so I'd better get back to work.

Oh, for anyone who is in the Vancouver area, I'll be down late Thursday April 26th for the weekend. I'm booked already from 6pm Friday night until 6pm Saturday night but the rest of the time is mine to play. Anyone want to play? LeeAnne, Bob and Mike, can you come up and play for my birthday?

And Esther, thank-you so much for the towel and candy book. They arrived today! Just beautiful and will match perfectly my craft room bathroom :)
Mom of twins, knitting nut, and want to get back into water gardening.

Offline LeeAnne151

• Members
    • View Profile
    • My Photo Galleries
« Reply #8 on: March 14, 2007, 08:58:11 AM »
I asked Bob recently if he wanted to go up and see the bulbs but he wasn't too interested. Dang it. I'll ask him again.
~LeeAnne~

Robert A. Heinlein

Offline CoolShades

• Trade Count: (13)
  • Members
  • With us since: 10/08/2006
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 14, 2007, 06:11:47 PM »
Hey Krista good luck in the new digs.

I assume this is what leanne was talking about.

Gary

Offline happyoutsidegirl

• Trade Count: (3)
  • Members
  • Be An Organ Doner
  • With us since: 23/01/2007
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: March 14, 2007, 06:56:39 PM »
Wow! Thats beautiful. Looks like the Skaget Valley here in Wa. Is It? I got to take a hot air baloon ride once over them. that was sooo fun.
I'm just happier outside!
 Debbie
SunnyEastern Wa.
zone 5-6

Offline Krista

• Members
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: March 14, 2007, 10:53:47 PM »
beautiful pictures of your well travelled family Gary :)

LeeAnne, I really do hope you can make it up. Once a year isn't nearly enough to have fun :)
Mom of twins, knitting nut, and want to get back into water gardening.

Offline CoolShades

• Trade Count: (13)
  • Members
  • With us since: 10/08/2006
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: March 15, 2007, 06:00:33 PM »
HOSG:

You are correct it was in LeConner about 3 years ago during our Spring trip to Whistler.  We were driving back to Seattle and someone told us to pull off and see the show...quite impressive.  Great skiing and beautiful tulips what a trip!!!

Gary

Offline LeeAnne151

• Members
    • View Profile
    • My Photo Galleries
« Reply #13 on: March 16, 2007, 05:29:50 PM »
Actually, I was talking about the gorgeous bulb displays at Butchart and Van Dusen gardens in BC.

I don't have any pics scanned in but when we went before it was fabulous. Rather than a bulb farm of rows in fields it is more ornamental.

The bulbs are interplanted with forget me nots and allysum and pansies and such, no bare ground.

~LeeAnne~

Robert A. Heinlein

Sitemap 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 
All photo's & content within copyright © 2006-2017 WorldWide WaterGardeners and it's membership "All Rights Reserved"