Author Topic: Did everyone receive their mag from me?  (Read 1180 times)

Offline livetogarden

• Trade Count: (14)
  • Members
  • With us since: 11/08/2006
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
    • View Profile
Did everyone receive their mag from me?
« on: March 23, 2007, 12:35:56 PM »
If I was to send you a Water Gardens magazine did you receive it? (Paul in Singapore....yours is on its way as of this AM). I just want to double check that I got everyone's sent to them. I got a bit sidetracked helping my FIL get ready for his upcoming move and don't want to leave anyone out in the cold. Please let me know if I promised you one but you haven't received it yet.
Cath
zone 5b

Offline backyardponder

• Trade Count: (1)
  • Members
  • With us since: 18/08/2006
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
    • View Profile
Re: Did everyone receive their mag from me?
« Reply #1 on: March 23, 2007, 12:51:44 PM »
Got mine! @O@ @O@
Thanks,
Eija
backyardponder

Offline Bonnie

• Trade Count: (43)
  • Members
  • With us since: 09/08/2006
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 23, 2007, 12:56:51 PM »
Hi Cath,
How are things going with FIL?

I believe I sent you a PM telling you that I received mine... but I've been sidetracked somewhat too so if I didn't I apologize and YES I got it! ;D
We'll have to discuss what kind of plant that I'm sending you............

Take Care,
Bonnie

Offline livetogarden

• Members
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 23, 2007, 01:06:28 PM »
Thanks Bonnie and Eija. Most people posted or PM'd saying they received theirs but I've been so sidetracked helping my FIL I feel like I forgot to mail someone's.
Bonnie....My FIL is doing well, thanks for asking. He sold his house in 4 days so his moving date was moved up way sooner than any of us imagined. Good for him for the house sale part but it sure made he and I have to hustle to sort, toss, have a sale, etc. He moves to the new place next Wed., March 28. He's excited. :)
He gave me my MIL's cedar chest. It was the first new piece of furniture they bought as a married couple in 1948. Being the only family member who doesn't work outside the home I was the one who was able to help each day. I spent so much time there that he surprised me with the cedar chest as his appreciation. I was thrilled!!!! I LOVE antiques, especially ones that have such memories with them (MIL passed away in June 2005).
Cath
zone 5b

Offline Bonnie

• Trade Count: (43)
  • Members
  • With us since: 09/08/2006
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 23, 2007, 01:21:26 PM »
What a wonderful thing to have.. I'm sure all of the family felt that you should have it! o(:-)

Glad that FIL is looking forward to the move even though I'm sure that he has mixed emotions.  In the long run, it will be the best thing for him.  No worries about maintenance, etc.   

Offline PondmaninAL

• Trade Count: (10)
  • Members
  • Pond God
  • With us since: 10/08/2006
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 23, 2007, 03:15:49 PM »
I got mine. I couldn't remember if I let you know or not. Thank you.

Happy ponding,
Scott
o(
Happy ponding,
Scott o(

ALABAMA!! 2010 BCS National Champion!!

[img width= height= alt=Click for Odenville, Alabama Forecast" border="0" height="100" width="150]http://weathersticker.wunderground.com/weathersticker/miniStates/language/www/US/AL/Odenville.gif[/img]

If you think that your question is dumb, imagine how totally stupid you will look if you don't ask it.

Offline happyoutsidegirl

• Trade Count: (3)
  • Members
  • Be An Organ Doner
  • With us since: 23/01/2007
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 23, 2007, 03:32:55 PM »
Wow! what a cool thing for him to give you! I had one my uncle made in school way way way back when, my dh refinished it and I gave it to my doughter full of her baby things, and things I saved she had made me growing up.
Yes, I got mine. Thanks so very much again. ;)
I'm just happier outside!
 Debbie
SunnyEastern Wa.
zone 5-6

Offline livetogarden

• Members
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 23, 2007, 05:27:51 PM »
Debbie,
  I'm planning to pass this on to one of my kids some day. We have an 18 year old son and 24 year old daughter. Our son actually seems to care more about things that belonged to family members than my daughter does.
Bonnie,
  My husband's sister told her dad she didn't want anything except her Mom's wedding dress. That's why he decided to give me the chest. I'm glad the dress is all she wanted.  :) I'm thrilled to have the cedar chest. My FIL was reluctant for a while after first making the decision to move. But when the house sold in 4 days for the full asking price, he made enough off the sale to cover 2 month's rent and he met several very friendly residents the other day when he stopped in to finish his paperwork he said he feels very comfortable that this is all God's planning. It's a beautiful place...secure entry, each room has a 'medic alert' system, he'll have an enclosed garage, 2 ponds....one with a waterfall and Koi  o((I'll be spendng some time there for sure), they do the housecleaning every other week so he won't even have to do that and his meals are included. My husband (Rich) ate there 1 night with his dad when FIL was  trying to decide if he wanted to move there. They both said the food was like eating at a 5 star restaurant and the people who sat at the table with them said it's like that every night. Rich said he wants to move in too.  ;D Oh yeah...the organization that my dogs are therapy pets with visits there once a month so we can take our dogs for visits.

So far no one has said I forgot to mail their mag, hopefully that is actually the case. I've had days where I felt like I was meeting myself coming and going.
Cath

zone 5b

Offline Chris

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Members
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 24, 2007, 10:40:43 AM »
Hi Cath-
I got mine O0. Was the postage enough to cover your cost?
Thanks
Chris

Offline livetogarden

• Members
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 24, 2007, 12:43:35 PM »
Chris,
  Yes, everyone paid up just fine.
  Still haven't heard from anyone who I owe one to. Maybe I'm not as loony as I thought.  :)
Cath
zone 5b

Sitemap 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 
All photo's & content within copyright © 2006-2017 WorldWide WaterGardeners and it's membership "All Rights Reserved"