Author Topic: planet earth  (Read 1180 times)

Offline ladybug

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Members
  • i went sky diving this year, amazing!!
  • With us since: 09/08/2006
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
    • View Profile
    • ladybug's garden spot
planet earth
« on: April 04, 2007, 12:48:52 PM »
if any of you have not seen this series, you are missing something spectacular.  we have been watching it on discover hd theater but it is on regular discovery channel too.  man it is amazing seeing it in hd.  i believe it is a series of 16 or eighteen shows going through the month of april. anyone else want to talk about it?
ladybug
life is too short to be unhappy

zone 7b

Offline EagleEye

• Trade Count: (5)
  • Members
  • zone 5, Sauk City, WI
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
    • View Profile
Re: planet earth
« Reply #1 on: April 04, 2007, 01:03:03 PM »
I'm glad that you started this thread!

I have been watching and it is absolutely amazing. the photography is stunning.

Finally, something worth watching on TV O0

Steve
My Biggest Worry Is That the other half (when I'm dead)  Will Sell My Fishing Stuff For What I Said I Paid For It

Offline ladybug

• Members
    • View Profile
    • ladybug's garden spot
« Reply #2 on: April 04, 2007, 03:17:27 PM »
i have the dvr set to record all of them.  i am just simply blown away by the earth and all of its raw beauty.  just knowing that some of the things we are seeing have never been recorded before is something to be in awe of.  i loved seeing the penguins huddled together watching over their eggs.  i believe i have seen five parts so far.  desert, ocean, north and south tops and animals that live on high in the mountains.
ladybug

zone 7b

Offline Lorraine

• Members
  • With us since: 20/08/2006
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 05, 2007, 06:05:13 AM »
We have been watching it also, in HD wowowowow, talk about beautiful! Love it, and they don't talk about the Global Warming or show humans, it is all about the planet! This last one though I didn't like the polarbear dieing. :'( Would it have hurt to throw the poor straving thing some fish or something! I know ,this is nature and we must not interfer with it..phooey ! Bears are nearly in trouble, in the numbers of them, I'd give him some food.
  Anyway I love the show, truely remarkable  film work. If you haven't seen it ..check it out Sunday.
Lorraine

Offline barb

• Trade Count: (1)
  • Members
  • Connecticut
  • With us since: 11/08/2006
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 05, 2007, 08:08:51 AM »
I haven't had time to watch it, but my teenagers did tell me this week I should watch it.  They have been watching it, and really like it.

Offline LeeAnne151

• Trade Count: (24)
  • Members
    • View Profile
    • My Photo Galleries
« Reply #5 on: April 05, 2007, 09:04:53 AM »
It is amazing! I'd been meaning to post about it then forgot.

I'm going to buy it on HD DVD when it comes out as I'm sure it will.

We just bought a widescreen HDTV and the quality of the filming is better than ever seen before. I have not seen everything I have saved yet. I've seen the first one and Mountains and Deserts. Loved those darling leaping lizards in South Africa. Nice footage in Arizona of the Sonora Desert but.....Saguaro's bloom in May, not summer as they stated.

Ladybug, be aware that HD programs take up more space on the hard drive when using the DVR so make sure you have enough space. I found this out the hard way and a bunch of programs didn't record because Planet Earth had filled up the storage drive.
~LeeAnne~

“Women and cats will do as they please, and men and dogs should relax and get used to the idea.”

Robert A. Heinlein

Portland, Oregon. USDA Zone 8~Sunset Zone 6

Offline ladybug

• Members
    • View Profile
    • ladybug's garden spot
« Reply #6 on: April 05, 2007, 12:47:57 PM »
thanks for the advice leeann, i don't save anything once i have watched it.  so i have lots of recording room. 
i also hated seeing the polar bear dying.  i felt really bad too, but nature is nature and you can't get involved when you are filming something like that.  it was very sad.
ladybug

zone 7b

Offline Mikey

• Trade Count: (4)
  • Members
  • With us since: 05/01/2006
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 05, 2007, 03:29:15 PM »
That IS a great program.  I would love to see it in HD but I'm too cheap to pay for that extra....
American Ponders Watergardening
American Ponders Pond and Koi Forum

-Mike- Husband of one, father of two, friend of many-

Cypress, CA Z-10b  NWF Certified Backyard Wildlife Habitat #24958

Offline ladybug

• Members
    • View Profile
    • ladybug's garden spot
« Reply #8 on: April 15, 2007, 06:57:57 PM »
today's two shows were amazing.  did anyone else see the stuff growing out of the insects?  aint mother nature grand.  absolutely amazing.
ladybug

zone 7b

Sitemap 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 
All photo's & content within copyright © 2006-2017 WorldWide WaterGardeners and it's membership "All Rights Reserved"