Author Topic: Aeration  (Read 971 times)

Offline perplexed ponder

• Trade Count: (8)
  • Members
  • With us since: 27/03/2007
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
    • View Profile
Aeration
« on: April 26, 2007, 11:11:29 AM »
How many of you run extra aeration? What type do you use?
I have seen 2 types. A pump that sits outside the pond and another that is a unit that sits inside the pond.
Kathy

Offline Cindi

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Members
  • With us since: 10/08/2006
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
    • View Profile
Re: Aeration
« Reply #1 on: April 26, 2007, 11:56:36 AM »
The only time I run an aerator is in the winter to keep a hole in the ice.  I could easily keep in there year round, but I find that my falls provide enough aeration. 
Cindi
Cedar Springs, MI , Zone 5

Offline happyoutsidegirl

• Trade Count: (3)
  • Members
  • Be An Organ Doner
  • With us since: 23/01/2007
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 26, 2007, 05:13:37 PM »
I use these spitters that are really sprinklers that I took the spraying guts out of and hooked to a small 196 GPH pump but not for arrieation but I have kind of a dead spot in one corner and I put the rock over the hole to make it more of a spray cuz my hummers love to play in it. This one is a frog as you can see. Oh ya, mine is a submersed pump.
I'm just happier outside!
 Debbie
SunnyEastern Wa.
zone 5-6

Offline perplexed ponder

• Members
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 27, 2007, 05:01:35 AM »
We have falls and a spitter as well. I figured the guy was probably trying to sell me some high pricced gizmo. Thier pond equip is about 4x's higher than anywhere else, butthey have great plants at reasonable prices....go figure!

I read some info that says the extra air will help with algae and muck on the bottom, guess it wouldnt' hurt, but I can probably get away without it. Our new 31" wier jsut came yesterday, so when we get another falls/stream going it should be plenty.
Kathy

Offline Johns

• Trade Count: (11)
  • Members
  • With us since: 10/08/2006
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
    • View Profile
    • Garden Endeavors
« Reply #4 on: April 27, 2007, 08:13:46 AM »
See my website chapter on venturi  http://www.gardenendeavors.com/rack/web16.html

Offline happyoutsidegirl

• Trade Count: (3)
  • Members
  • Be An Organ Doner
  • With us since: 23/01/2007
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 27, 2007, 09:38:26 AM »
Thats very interesting John but a bit hi tec for me :D I'm thinking of doing a trickel tower out of an old strawberry pot I have. It's not high on the priority list tho, just something I thought would be fun.
I'm just happier outside!
 Debbie
SunnyEastern Wa.
zone 5-6

Offline perplexed ponder

• Members
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 27, 2007, 10:32:07 AM »
John,
Thanks! That look slike a great solution! My husband can make that. Doens't look like it would cost much, I have a couple of extra small pumps I could use too.
Kathy

Sitemap 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 
All photo's & content within copyright © 2006-2017 WorldWide WaterGardeners and it's membership "All Rights Reserved"