Author Topic: Look what I found hiding in the parrot's feather  (Read 1983 times)

Offline Shae

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Members
  • With us since: 09/08/2006
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
    • View Profile
Look what I found hiding in the parrot's feather
« on: April 27, 2007, 12:50:41 PM »
Just had to take a pic of this today. Usually he's only exposing his head and it's almost impossible to see him.

Offline luvmyasagis

• Trade Count: (9)
  • Members
  • With us since: 19/03/2007
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
    • View Profile
Re: Look what I found hiding in the parrot's feather
« Reply #1 on: April 27, 2007, 12:53:35 PM »
That is to cute, great pic.  O0
Have a blessed day

Offline perplexed ponder

• Trade Count: (8)
  • Members
  • With us since: 27/03/2007
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 27, 2007, 12:54:49 PM »
Thanks for sharing him with us Shae!! o(:-)
Kathy

Offline barb

• Trade Count: (1)
  • Members
  • Connecticut
  • With us since: 11/08/2006
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 27, 2007, 12:55:43 PM »
He looks right at home.   8)

Offline Esther

• Members
  • With us since: 05/01/2006
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 27, 2007, 01:01:38 PM »
Cute. He thinks you can't see him.

Offline Kristin F.

• Members
  • With us since: 16/08/2006
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 27, 2007, 05:19:24 PM »
Shae, lucky you :)
he's so cute
zone 8a

Offline barb

• Trade Count: (1)
  • Members
  • Connecticut
  • With us since: 11/08/2006
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 27, 2007, 05:58:30 PM »
Cute. He thinks you can't see him.

So true, I bet!  Our cats hide under the bed, with just their tails sticking out.  Nope, can't see them at all.   ;D

Offline Kittyzee

• Members
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 27, 2007, 06:06:18 PM »
What a sly little guy, he even has fairy moss on him too!  Nice shades of all the "greens" in that pic!
LuAnn

There are things you do because they feel right & they may make no sense & they may make no money & it may be the real reason we are here:  to love each other & to eat each other's cooking & say it was good.  ~  Brian Andreas 

American Ponders Watergardening
American Ponders Pond and Koi Forum

Offline tinkster

• Trade Count: (46)
  • Members
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 27, 2007, 07:56:16 PM »
BOOHOOO!! I want a frog again ..... he is so cute!

tinkster

Offline happyoutsidegirl

• Trade Count: (3)
  • Members
  • Be An Organ Doner
  • With us since: 23/01/2007
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 27, 2007, 09:40:59 PM »
Oh Shae what a great picture! I want frogs so bad.
I'm just happier outside!
 Debbie
SunnyEastern Wa.
zone 5-6

Offline tranquility

• Trade Count: (72)
  • Members
  • With us since: 10/08/2006
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: April 28, 2007, 06:46:15 AM »
good thing you saw him before you stuck your hand in there.....that happens to me all the time...I'll stick my hand in something and feel something moving around...first thing that comes to mind is SNAKE....but, its always just some sort of frog.....that scares the bajeebies out of you...
Lawanna
Life is too short...... Live, Love, Laugh !!!!

Oklahoma-45 min. from Ganderville
Zone 7a :)

Offline WV Kim

• Members
  • With us since: 26/08/2006
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: April 28, 2007, 07:49:10 AM »
Shae,

He looks like the sibling of mine!!!!!!    :o  :D

Except mine is sneaky. I will be sitting there looking at the fish and the next time I look he is sticking his head out of the water staring at me, I guess he wants some attention tooo !!!!!    8-)~

Frogs are as much fun to watch as the fish!!!!!

Great picture!!!!!!!  o(:-)

Kim  :)
Zone 5b

Offline Bullfrog

• Members
  • With us since: 28/04/2007
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: April 28, 2007, 05:16:58 PM »
Yeah yeah.. he's cute all right. Thats my brother, all the girls always fawned all over him all of his life. I had to work hard catching bugs and croaking all night.

Never leave your partner, especially in a fire.

Offline Bullfrog

• Members
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: April 29, 2007, 04:20:56 AM »
Please remind him that he left me with 46 hungry tadpoles. He could drop by and visit with a fly or two ya know.

Offline Shae

• Members
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: April 29, 2007, 05:39:08 AM »
I'm real careful about sticking my hand in anywhere nowadays. Ever since I was visited by the snake a couple of weeks ago, I've been pretty skittish. Even though I think it's probably a garter snake and it slithers aways whenever it sees me and I see it, I don't want to take any chances. He's just one of 2 frogs in my 120 gal pond. The other one is an itty bitty one and really hard to see unless he's sunbathing on top of pond's edge. I've got 2 others that visit the big pond, one's bigger than the one in this pic and the other one is quite a bit smaller.

Offline Bullfrog

• Members
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: April 30, 2007, 04:04:16 AM »
I'm real careful about sticking my hand in anywhere nowadays. Ever since I was visited by the snake a couple of weeks ago, I've been pretty skittish. Even though I think it's probably a garter snake and it slithers aways whenever it sees me and I see it, I don't want to take any chances. He's just one of 2 frogs in my 120 gal pond. The other one is an itty bitty one and really hard to see unless he's sunbathing on top of pond's edge. I've got 2 others that visit the big pond, one's bigger than the one in this pic and the other one is quite a bit smaller.

Shae, as a frog I can tell you that snakes just love eating frogs. If you want frogs, get rid of that snake!!!

Even if it a Garter snake it still eats frogs which is a crime against humanity and us frogs.

If you have a husband, make him do it. If not, take a long enough pole to make you comfortable and drive two staples (those "U" shaped little nails) on one end in opposite sides. Tie a piece of small rope to one staple and run it through the other making a loop like dogcatchers use to snare a dog.

Loop that sucker and drop him into a large jar or big piece of tupperware and take him to a universe far, far away and turn him loose.

I was looking at your pond as a nice place to sit and croak at night and make sweet night music, but one look at that snake and I went back to the creek where I have been banned to ever since KittyZ kicked me out because a raccoon ate her fish. I got blamed for it and I am innocent. I really miss that pond.

I love nature but that snake has got to go, we frogs need a safe place to live and we just love ponds. Now I ask you, would you rather have frogs or snakes in your pond?

Yeah, I know, the purists will all cry that snakes are a natural part of the ecosystem and have a place in this world, but that place is not in your pond if you want us frogs to be there. Besides, this "natural part of the ecosystem" see's me as a part of his menu, the main course.

This creek that I'm living in now is full of snakes, I swear, I can't even sit on a log and take a nap in the sun without keeping one eye open all of the time. Now I ask you, when was the last time a frog bit you? Huh?

They don't even sing and make music when the sun is going down like we do and we do this as much for you, as we do to just shoot the breeze and because we like to sing. Snakes gotta go, I want to crash on a safe lilly pad for a change.
« Last Edit: April 30, 2007, 04:23:06 AM by Bullfrog »

Offline Shae

• Members
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: April 30, 2007, 02:08:52 PM »
Luckily, it's been over a week now since I've seen the snake. Only saw him once last year. I have 5 shih tzus that guard the yard, heck they chase off the birds and squirrels. A couple have even chased the frogs into the pond at night. Now that was a hoot to watch! Hopefully the snake has decided to find another home.

Sitemap 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 
All photo's & content within copyright © 2006-2017 WorldWide WaterGardeners and it's membership "All Rights Reserved"