Author Topic: The Pond,....  (Read 2498 times)

Offline El Jefe

• Trade Count: (1)
  • Members
  • Senior Chief USN Ret
  • With us since: 09/11/2006
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
    • View Profile
The Pond,....
« on: March 09, 2007, 06:23:14 PM »
Well it started out kind of rough

Then it progressed to this:

Then this:

And now it looks like this:

I managed to get a few plants to grow in and around it....

… The soul is dyed the color of it’s thoughts. Think only on those things that are in line with your principles and can bear the light of day. The content of your character is your choice, Day by day, what you choose, what you think and what you do is WHO you become. Your integrity is your destiny, it is the light that guides your way……

Offline small fish

• Trade Count: (13)
  • Members
  • With us since: 11/08/2006
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
    • View Profile
Re: The Pond,....
« Reply #1 on: March 10, 2007, 09:15:33 AM »
 8-)~  WOW, now that is a pond    I think that is bigger that my back yard   You should be proud of it  you have done some really good work 

Myra
Myra Shreveport, LaZone 8A

Offline El Jefe

• Members
  • Senior Chief USN Ret
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 12, 2007, 08:11:16 PM »
Thanks Myra, it is a real labor of love o(:-)  I hope to have it planted out soon. Andy
… The soul is dyed the color of it’s thoughts. Think only on those things that are in line with your principles and can bear the light of day. The content of your character is your choice, Day by day, what you choose, what you think and what you do is WHO you become. Your integrity is your destiny, it is the light that guides your way……

Offline EagleEye

• Trade Count: (5)
  • Members
  • zone 5, Sauk City, WI
  • With us since: 09/08/2006
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 13, 2007, 06:18:11 PM »
Hey Andy,
I was wondering if you raise those catfish to eat or what?

Steve
My Biggest Worry Is That the other half (when I'm dead)  Will Sell My Fishing Stuff For What I Said I Paid For It

Offline El Jefe

• Members
  • Senior Chief USN Ret
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 13, 2007, 08:21:18 PM »
Actually I do not but I have some friends who limke to eat them they say they are great. Andy

Offline Jonna

• Trade Count: (2)
  • Members
  • With us since: 03/09/2006
    • View Profile
    • Blah... blah... blah... Ginger!
« Reply #5 on: March 13, 2007, 11:48:30 PM »
That's a big change in the water from the before to the after, you're doing something right.  It's beautiful.

Offline barb

• Members
  • Connecticut
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 24, 2007, 08:04:04 AM »
Wow, absolutely gorgeous!!  Did you dig that pond yourself, or was at least some of it existing?

Offline El Jefe

• Members
  • Senior Chief USN Ret
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 24, 2007, 03:13:20 PM »
Barb it was already here when we moved in (1st picture) just a hole in the ground I grew it from there. Only bad thing is that it is not lined, lots of maintenance... :(

Offline vettech81

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Members
  • With us since: 27/03/2007
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 27, 2007, 07:19:24 AM »
Wow! I think I'm in love with your pond! That is amazing. Very well done.

Offline tootsie

• Trade Count: (3)
  • Members
  • Meet Christian, my newest Grandson :)
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 28, 2007, 12:59:20 PM »
WOWOW, what a beautiful pond!! Felt I was right there tippe toes right to the edge leaning over to see the fish o(:-) Did you sit right down and make drawings? How deep is your pond? Mine is quite large, so of course a lining is out od the question  >:(- The thick layer of ice has now melted, I hope to see a few Koi lookin for me o( I did b the way just purchase for the grand price of $1.00 for one of those blow it up with an air hose.....ALIGATORS, along with my trusty Owl, hallogenic waving in the breeze Flags,mated pairs of ducks n geese, oh, nd me at the ready with a pair of cymbals, ready to play .....GET THE@#$#$ OUTA HERE, >:( 8)

Offline tootsie

• Trade Count: (3)
  • Members
  • Meet Christian, my newest Grandson :)
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: March 28, 2007, 01:10:44 PM »
E-gads what happened to the pond pictures?

Offline El Jefe

• Members
  • Senior Chief USN Ret
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: March 28, 2007, 05:38:31 PM »
Mine is much on the same scale, 4-6 feet deep (depending on where you are could be 2-3 feet) ,large, to large for a liner at least, unless you want to lay out some big bucks. Clay bottom pond. It used to keep water on it's own now I have to let it refill if the water level gets to low.
    Didn't really plan it out just got tired of looking at a hole in the ground with stagnant water in it. I wanted it to look better so I started planting and experimenting. Still have a ways to go if you ask me.  ::)

Offline Ky Kim

• Trade Count: (16)
  • Members
  • location: Louisville, Ky.....6 A/B ish, depends on which way the wind blows I think.
  • Kimberly
  • With us since: 10/08/2006
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: March 29, 2007, 04:26:15 AM »
You have done an excellent job. Looks fantastic, and all your lilies, and other flowers sure look happy.

Kim

Ponds are like patato chips, ya just can't have one.

Offline Teresa

• Trade Count: (7)
  • Members
  • Atlanta - zone 7b
  • With us since: 10/08/2006
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: March 29, 2007, 06:41:28 AM »
It looks gorgeous!  And all ponds still have a way to go . . . . .

Mine needs some serious help right now . . . .

Offline CT

• Trade Count: (19)
  • Members
  • With us since: 09/08/2006
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: March 29, 2007, 07:13:41 AM »
 o(:-) Can't wait to see the plantings you are going to do.

Offline wanderoze

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Members
  • hmmm, what's for lunch?
  • With us since: 20/08/2006
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: May 18, 2007, 09:45:26 AM »
gorgeous pond!

Sitemap 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 
All photo's & content within copyright © 2006-2017 WorldWide WaterGardeners and it's membership "All Rights Reserved"