Author Topic: My Pond!!  (Read 1044 times)

Offline Loritx

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Members
  • With us since: 07/04/2007
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
    • View Profile
My Pond!!
« on: May 04, 2007, 08:42:32 AM »
We chose to put it along the side of the sunroom so we can see and hear it!!  We never use those doors as an entrance anyway!!  There was a long flowerbed there before, so it seemed to be the best place to put the pond. The sunroom is made from 5 really large sliding doors and has heat and airconditiong- so we use it year round!! And with the screendoors we feel like we are always outside!

I still need to do some work to the waterfall (need more rocks)!! And the edge of the pond up against the sunroom has a lot of liner showing that I have to figure out how to cover- trying to figure out how to 'glue' some river rock or something to the liner - kind of a steep slope there!  I did use Great Stuff to secure the rocks to the edge of the sunroom foundation along that edge and it seems to be holding pretty well!! No one stands or walks on them!  I used fleckstone paint on the skimmer cover and will be putting just a few smaller stones on top of it. It seems to blend in pretty well.

And I will be getting a new pump - probably 2000-3000 GPH eventually. I have a cheap 525 GPH running now and I want a little more coming out of the waterfall!  But hey- the 525 dont look too bad for now!!! ;D

So far the plants I have are 2 waterlilies, 3 parrots feather, 2 pickeral weed that are growing nicely and a couple of the 'walmart plants' that just refuse to grow!

I will also be putting in some goldfish! o(

The pond itself holds about 300 gallons (according to the water meter). I really thought it was going to be a little more than that, but.....cant argue with the meter!!  Whenever I have to do a cleanout, I will measure it again to make sure!! :D

I am having so much Fun with this project!!!!

Lori TX

Offline Bonnie

• Trade Count: (43)
  • Members
  • With us since: 09/08/2006
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
    • View Profile
Re: My Pond!!
« Reply #1 on: May 04, 2007, 01:05:48 PM »
Hello and welcome to American Ponders!

It will be wonderful that you can sit in your favorite chair and see your pond..

Be sure and keep us posted when you get everything done.. lots of plants and a few fish will add alot to it! o(

Offline happyoutsidegirl

• Trade Count: (3)
  • Members
  • Be An Organ Doner
  • With us since: 23/01/2007
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 04, 2007, 08:53:38 PM »
Hay it's looking good! Yes welcome and new pix with your progress.
I'm just happier outside!
 Debbie
SunnyEastern Wa.
zone 5-6

Offline barb

• Trade Count: (1)
  • Members
  • Connecticut
  • With us since: 11/08/2006
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 05, 2007, 04:34:38 AM »
What a beautiful pond!  And I'm so jealous of your flat rocks, my ideal kind of rock.  I have an endless supply of fat round ones here in our woods, but of course one always wants what one can't get for free. 

Oh, and that lizard looks so real!  Is it?

Offline Loritx

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Members
  • With us since: 07/04/2007
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 05, 2007, 07:34:15 AM »
The Lizard is cast Iron!  Found 3 of them at the local FleaMarket!  Birds sure think that one is real - they dive bomb it every morning!! 
We do have some foot long real Lizards living in the back retaining wall. Kind of fun to be working in the flower beds and turn around and see them watching you.  We had some smaller ones living in the flower bed that was where the pond is now - so I am hopeing they will move into the rocks arround the pond!!

I had to buy all my Rocks those flat rocks were a bargin arround here at $100 a ton!  This area does not have a lot of natural rock for us to just find!  They are called Oklahoma Ripple - but they just look like reject pavers to me!! Which is ok as I want the natural look.  The 1in river rock I used is Oklahoma river rock, it has alot of multi colors in it.
Lori TX

Offline happyoutsidegirl

• Trade Count: (3)
  • Members
  • Be An Organ Doner
  • With us since: 23/01/2007
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 05, 2007, 07:43:40 AM »
I have been so lucky to have found all my rocks for free. I just grab them from where ever I see one. But It takes much longer to get the job done. I still havent finished the bottom of the pond and it's been 3 years.  ;D
I'm just happier outside!
 Debbie
SunnyEastern Wa.
zone 5-6

Sitemap 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 
All photo's & content within copyright © 2006-2017 WorldWide WaterGardeners and it's membership "All Rights Reserved"