Author Topic: Pickerel weed must be tasty!!!  (Read 761 times)

Offline Loritx

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Members
  • With us since: 07/04/2007
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
    • View Profile
Pickerel weed must be tasty!!!
« on: May 12, 2007, 11:26:55 AM »
I was watching my Fish Swim around the new Water Lily, when they Jumped into the Basket with the Pickerel Weed and started chomping away at the rootlets that are coming out the top of the rocks.  They dont seem to be eating the new Green growth, just the rootlets.

This is the largest fish. Mini Mo!  Named after my Dog Moana (both are food Agressive)

My daughter got me this Big Waterlily For Mothers Day.  Has big white flowers- not sure what it is called though-no tag on it - just tag saying 'hardy'!!
Lori TX

Offline tranquility

• Trade Count: (72)
  • Members
  • With us since: 10/08/2006
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
    • View Profile
Re: Pickerel weed must be tasty!!!
« Reply #1 on: May 13, 2007, 06:29:33 AM »
LOL....just be glad they are small or they would be eating the green too  lol......
Lawanna
Life is too short...... Live, Love, Laugh !!!!

Oklahoma-45 min. from Ganderville
Zone 7a :)

Offline tinkster

• Trade Count: (46)
  • Members
  • With us since: 09/08/2006
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 13, 2007, 06:36:54 PM »
yep I was thinking the same thing. just give them time to grow more and the first day you forget to feed.. watch out plants.. nothing in my pond seems to be immune from them.

tinkster

Offline Ky Kim

• Trade Count: (16)
  • Members
  • location: Louisville, Ky.....6 A/B ish, depends on which way the wind blows I think.
  • Kimberly
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 13, 2007, 08:23:53 PM »
They love munching on the plants.  So far I've been lucky about it, a little here and there.  But, my Koi are much bigger and have bigger mouths so I know what that will mean.

Kim

Ponds are like patato chips, ya just can't have one.

Offline tranquility

• Trade Count: (72)
  • Members
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 14, 2007, 06:55:50 AM »
I have really decided it has to do with the individual koi...my domestics don't really bother the plants...they will suck around on the roots but, leave the leaves alone....however there ain't nothing safe with my Japanese imports....they will devour anything that comes into the water...
Lawanna
Life is too short...... Live, Love, Laugh !!!!

Oklahoma-45 min. from Ganderville
Zone 7a :)

Sitemap 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 
All photo's & content within copyright © 2006-2017 WorldWide WaterGardeners and it's membership "All Rights Reserved"