Author Topic: Good website  (Read 1985 times)

Offline Bullfrog

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Members
  • With us since: 28/04/2007
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
    • View Profile
Good website
« on: May 04, 2007, 11:22:38 AM »
I wanted to share this website, the have concrete molds and a lot of pond supplies. http://www.gardenponds.com/molds.htm

Also I answered my own question about pumps losing life when I went to that site, they explaing the loss of lift with easch pump, the prices seem good too.

I do have one question though, when I looked at their skimmers they didn't seem to include a pump. One that I saw had a pump down in the basin of it. They must have a pump right?

Never leave your partner, especially in a fire.

Offline Bonnie

• Trade Count: (43)
  • Members
  • With us since: 09/08/2006
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
    • View Profile
Re: Good website
« Reply #1 on: May 04, 2007, 11:32:27 AM »
Yes, skimmers need pumps unless they are gravity fed....

I'll check out the site... thanks

Offline Rocmon

• Members
  • With us since: 09/08/2006
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 04, 2007, 05:04:24 PM »
No skimmers don't need a pump inside it. Many folks plumb their pump out of the water—external. They are much more energy efficient, and generally last longer.

Pump GPH is measured in height of head loss—say a pump puts out 6000 gph at 5' of head. This is how much water it will pump when encountering 5' of head pressure. That can be pumping the water up hill 5' or, it could be small diameter pipe and a bunch of fittings that add up to 5' of head height—that's called friction loss. You have to account for both when calculating how much water you need your pump to push.

Probably more than you wanted to know...

Offline Bullfrog

• Members
  • With us since: 28/04/2007
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 05, 2007, 05:14:11 AM »
No skimmers don't need a pump inside it. Many folks plumb their pump out of the water—external. They are much more energy efficient, and generally last longer.

Pump GPH is measured in height of head loss—say a pump puts out 6000 gph at 5' of head. This is how much water it will pump when encountering 5' of head pressure. That can be pumping the water up hill 5' or, it could be small diameter pipe and a bunch of fittings that add up to 5' of head height—that's called friction loss. You have to account for both when calculating how much water you need your pump to push.

Probably more than you wanted to know...

Not at all Rocmon, I need to learn it all as I'm going to be doing it and I want to do it right. The website I posted has a chart that shows the loss of flow with each pump as more head pressure is encountered. I'll also look into the external pump option on the skimmer, thanks.

Never leave your partner, especially in a fire.

Offline Ky Kim

• Trade Count: (16)
  • Members
  • location: Louisville, Ky.....6 A/B ish, depends on which way the wind blows I think.
  • Kimberly
  • With us since: 10/08/2006
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 15, 2007, 10:54:09 AM »
Very interesting site.  Wait till Tinker see's all those molds....she'll be  8-)~  But she very creative on her own, the things she makes are remarkable.

Kim

Ponds are like patato chips, ya just can't have one.

Offline Esther

• Trade Count: (9)
  • Members
  • With us since: 05/01/2006
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 19, 2007, 02:02:05 AM »
Skimmers do not come with a built in pump as far as I know. Whether you use an external or submersible, doesn't matter much but something has to pull the water in. From what I have noticed, people with bottom drains often have a larger pond, let's just say over 2000 gallons. When the pond is real big, they will have more than one bottom drain even. So if they have a skimmer and bottom drain both, they have to put a Y in there somewhere to pull from both places. I didn't want to have a vortex and external setup so went with a submersible and no bottom drain. My pond is in the front yard and there would be no place to hide the out of pond stuff.

Sitemap 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 
All photo's & content within copyright © 2006-2017 WorldWide WaterGardeners and it's membership "All Rights Reserved"