Author Topic: Some pics of the gardens and pond  (Read 2933 times)

Offline Kittyzee

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Members
  • With us since: 09/08/2006
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
    • View Profile
Some pics of the gardens and pond
« on: August 27, 2006, 05:59:23 PM »
Thanks for taking a peek... :D

LuAnn
LuAnn

There are things you do because they feel right & they may make no sense & they may make no money & it may be the real reason we are here:  to love each other & to eat each other's cooking & say it was good.  ~  Brian Andreas 

American Ponders Watergardening
American Ponders Pond and Koi Forum

Offline Kittyzee

• Members
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
    • View Profile
Re: Some pics of the gardens and pond
« Reply #1 on: August 27, 2006, 06:05:50 PM »
Just a few more...

LuAnn
LuAnn

There are things you do because they feel right & they may make no sense & they may make no money & it may be the real reason we are here:  to love each other & to eat each other's cooking & say it was good.  ~  Brian Andreas 

Offline Joyce

• Trade Count: (24)
  • Members
  • location: Southold, North Fork, Long Island, New York, Zone 7B
    • View Profile
    • My Photo Albums
« Reply #2 on: August 27, 2006, 06:35:03 PM »
Absolutely stunning LuAnn! O0 8) :)

But my favorite is Kaitlin! (8:-)
Peace to all  ... Joyce

Breast Cancer Survivor

“Study nature, love nature, stay close to nature.
It will never fail you.”
Frank Lloyd Wright

Offline Kittyzee

• Members
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 27, 2006, 06:48:48 PM »
Thanks Joyce!!   ;D  Kaitlin is one of the 7 kittens that a "throw-away" Momma cat had this spring...she and a couple of others we are actually having some success at taming down.  While they get tamer, the others are getting more freaked out  ::) if you try to pet them.  They lay all over the front porch and DH calls them "porch monkeys"...<sigh> :P  he's more of a dog person and tolerates my kitty rescues      o(:-)
And yes they ALL have names O0

LuAnn
LuAnn

Offline Ky Kim

• Trade Count: (16)
  • Members
  • location: Louisville, Ky.....6 A/B ish, depends on which way the wind blows I think.
  • Kimberly
  • With us since: 10/08/2006
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 27, 2006, 06:59:53 PM »
Georgous pics.....love the kitty  o(:-)

Kim

Ponds are like patato chips, ya just can't have one.

Offline livetogarden

• Trade Count: (14)
  • Members
  • With us since: 11/08/2006
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 27, 2006, 10:02:06 PM »
Gorgeous!!! I especially love the Black Eyed Susan vine around the sun face.
And I really love Kaitlin. That's the cutest pic with her hiding among the plants. Bless your heart for taking in rescue kitties. We do the same with cats and dogs.
Cath
zone 5b

Offline barb

• Trade Count: (1)
  • Members
  • Connecticut
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 28, 2006, 04:57:17 AM »
Those are such beautiful pics!!  I agree that Kaitlin and the sunflower pics are particularly nice.  I didn't even know there was a sunflower vine.

We have some abandoned kittens we took in, too.  The one pictured in my siggy pic was adopted from a shelter where I used to volunteer though, he's not one of them.  We have four cats altogether. 

Offline LouAnn

• Trade Count: (6)
  • Members
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 28, 2006, 06:52:16 AM »
You have a lovely garden
Friends are the family I would choose.

Offline Kittyzee

• Members
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 28, 2006, 07:06:14 AM »
Thanks for the kind words everyone  (8:-)  I love the vine and try to find one every year for that particular spot, the blooms are more orange this year than yellow I've noticed and unfortunately it's an annual, I would love it if I didn't have to plant it every year.  It never stops blooming until frost!! 

And I just can't seem to not rescue animals, I've had litters of pups too that people left on my front porch!!  Cats and kittens are my soft spot though, and I (and my daughters) name them and love them all  ::)

LuAnn
LuAnn

Offline Desertponder

• Trade Count: (12)
  • Members
  • With us since: 10/08/2006
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: August 28, 2006, 10:09:01 AM »
Beautiful!! O0
I love the sunface amongst the vine, very pretty. (8:-)
Shanna
A true-blue kiddie pool, whiskey barrel & stock tank  ponder! :yes:
If it can hold water.....it's a watergarden!

Offline Kristin F.

• Members
  • With us since: 16/08/2006
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: August 28, 2006, 04:21:53 PM »
Lu Ann, thank you for sharing these great photos of beautiful plants - I'm so excited about the Clematis, I have four of them and they bloom in different colours - one has yellow flowers, one has white, one blue flowers and the fourth has pink flowers - but mine are still small, I bought them last year.
Your "Black-eyed Susan Vine" is just gorgeous! You just gave me an inspiration ;)

Your Kitty is wonderful, I also have a rescue-Cat, she is a Silver-shaded Persian, now 6 years old. She came to me 3 years ago from a "broken home" and had been treated badly. Thankfully she is now very healthy and did get over the abuse she had to tolerate in her old home ..
« Last Edit: August 28, 2006, 04:29:08 PM by Kristin F. »
zone 8a

Offline Kittyzee

• Members
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: August 28, 2006, 05:09:38 PM »
Kristin,
Good to hear of your kitties' recovery from past abuse, was that her picture in the thread of building your pond?  She is just gorgeous! 

About the clematis--I normally can't grow one, but this one is absolutely HUGE and takes up one whole corner of my porch.  I doesn't bloom until August, and it's late this year due to lack of rain, and is extremely fragrant.  I don't touch it again until early spring and I cut it back hard all over and it grows again trying to take over the porch...  :D  Good luck to you!!

LuAnn
LuAnn

Offline tinkster

• Trade Count: (46)
  • Members
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: August 28, 2006, 06:12:38 PM »
What beautiful gardens and kitty :)  I tried to grow a black eyed vine from seed.. they sprout and I had them in a little pot but they never did do much.. I think they are beautiful also and am going to try to find one for next year.

Tinkster

Offline livetogarden

• Trade Count: (14)
  • Members
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: August 28, 2006, 08:23:50 PM »
LuAnn,
  Is that a Sweet Autumn Clematis? It looks like the one I have. I love it. Our neighbor built a HUGE garage right on the other side of our fence even with our pond. I racked my brain trying to think of something to plant to draw people's eye away from the garage because it's so huge that's the first thing you saw. I placed 5 metal trellises I got at the end of summer for $3 each side by side and planted my Sweet Autumn to climb those. Best idea I ever had because it grows so fast and looks nice all summer, especially late summer when it blooms.
Cath
zone 5b

Offline mcp

• Members
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: August 30, 2006, 07:33:54 PM »
LuAnn, Beautiful pictures! Love the one with the 2 frogs and the one with the kitty. Thanks fr posting. O0
McKean County Pa. zone 5

Offline Indiana Karen

• Members
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: August 30, 2006, 07:53:51 PM »
Beautiful flowers!  I am going to buy a Black Eyed Susan Vine next summer, love yours!!!  Your frogs look so comical.  I had lots of frogs around the pond but unfortunately one of our cats decided to kill them all this summer. :'(  He had never bothered them before.  Love your Kitty too, I found one along the road in July, she has won our hearts! o(:-)

Offline Kittyzee

• Members
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: August 31, 2006, 04:11:49 PM »
Hey thanks for the kind words everyone :D  I don't know what that clematis is called, my husband had planted that a few years before he became my husband  ;D --he just told me it was a clematis!  I don't have to do anything to maintain it except cut it back hard in the spring.  All the dead growth from the previous year and it's usually greening and starting to vine when I do it. 

The black-eyed susan vine I usually can find at Lowe's but you have to get them early before everyone else does.  It takes lots of water, but it's growing on the east side of the garage and most of the rain we get comes from the west.  It's a great showy low maintenance plant!

Yes, I love my frogs!  I have a stray cat I call "Little Gray" (she's little and she's gray  ::)  )  and she was flipping out my frogs and playing with them until they "croaked".  But now they are so big, she leaves them alone!
LuAnn

Offline maryvonne

• Trade Count: (2)
  • Members
    • View Profile
    • My photo albums
« Reply #17 on: August 31, 2006, 09:59:43 PM »
Very lovely garden. I have the same clematis but it's not quite blooming yet. I love Kaitlin too.

Maryvonne
Maryvonne
Surrey B.C.
Canada

zone 7-8

Offline Monica

• Members
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: September 01, 2006, 06:18:12 AM »
Love the sunfower vine and the sun  o(:-).  Have you thought about trying to take a cutting or something from it to overwinter for next year.  I dont know how to But I know i would try it is so lovely.  I have seen it around here but they alway want like $15 for it and I hate to pay that for an annual.
The irony of life is that, by the time you're old enough to know your way around, you're not going anywhere

Offline Kittyzee

• Members
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: September 01, 2006, 09:35:00 AM »
You know, I've never thought of that!   ?)(?   :o  I'm going right out and cut some vines right now,,,thanks!  ::)

LuAnn
LuAnn

Offline Jerry

• Trade Count: (7)
  • Members
  • "An analog guy trapped in a digital world."
  • With us since: 05/01/2006
    • View Profile
    • American Ponders!!!!!!!!!
« Reply #20 on: September 02, 2006, 07:56:45 AM »
love the sunburst as well as the rest. O0
Jerry
Northridge, California  
Zone 10

"Any women that tries to be the equal of a man, lacks ambition!"

Sitemap 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 
All photo's & content within copyright © 2006-2017 WorldWide WaterGardeners and it's membership "All Rights Reserved"