Author Topic: Feeding my Fearless Frog (video)  (Read 1483 times)

Offline Mucky_Waters

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Members
  • With us since: 11/08/2006
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
    • View Profile
Feeding my Fearless Frog (video)
« on: May 20, 2007, 08:30:09 AM »
I captured a little HD video of my fearless frog being fed and put it online. I thought some of the frog lovers might like to see.
You can view it by clicking here Feeding the Fearless Frog

Disclaimer: This video is rated PG. Warning: may not be suitable for all audiences, scenes of graphic worm violence.
File size is large, (102 Mb), May not play on older computers with slower processors, or on Mac computers.

Enjoy  :)

Offline perplexed ponder

• Trade Count: (8)
  • Members
  • With us since: 27/03/2007
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
    • View Profile
Re: Feeding my Fearless Frog (video)
« Reply #1 on: May 20, 2007, 09:55:54 AM »
Oh that was COOL!! My daughter said it was better the second time she watched it! She can't wait to try to feed her frog now.
Kathy

Offline Loritx

• Members
  • With us since: 07/04/2007
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 20, 2007, 10:05:31 AM »
That is so funny!!! ;D

My Husband and Grandson just walked down to the creek to go tadpole hunting!!  Maybe they will catch me a fearless soon to be frog!!
Lori TX

Offline GAjen

• Trade Count: (1)
  • Members
  • With us since: 17/05/2007
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 20, 2007, 12:49:38 PM »
Enjoyed thanks for sharing.....

Offline El Jefe

• Members
  • Senior Chief USN Ret
  • With us since: 09/11/2006
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 21, 2007, 04:57:24 AM »
Now that was awesome. good job with the video.
 O0 Andy
« Last Edit: May 21, 2007, 10:51:12 AM by El Jefe »
… The soul is dyed the color of it’s thoughts. Think only on those things that are in line with your principles and can bear the light of day. The content of your character is your choice, Day by day, what you choose, what you think and what you do is WHO you become. Your integrity is your destiny, it is the light that guides your way……

Offline Esther

• Trade Count: (9)
  • Members
  • With us since: 05/01/2006
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 21, 2007, 06:01:05 AM »
That is not a frog. That is a piggy. When I saw him struggling to get the worm down, I thought, there now, he won't need to eat for a week. Then when I saw you wiggling your finger, by the way, you do it very well, I thought, well that's silly, he won't ever try to eat that great big thing. I was sure wrong. Very good video.

Offline backyardponder

• Members
  • With us since: 18/08/2006
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 21, 2007, 06:22:30 AM »
That was cool! 8)  I want to try that with my frogs. 
What kind of camcorder do you have?  I'm looking into getting a HD camcorder.

Eija

Offline Gloria

• Members
  • With us since: 14/08/2006
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 24, 2007, 04:03:25 PM »
That was neat. Loved it. Thanks for sharing :) ;)

Offline karen J

• Trade Count: (7)
  • Members
  • With us since: 09/08/2006
    • View Profile
    • Karen's Frog Pond
« Reply #8 on: May 24, 2007, 06:03:57 PM »
That was very nice, thank you. I enjoy your videos... alas, my old fart PC is not quite as appreciative  ;)

A bullfrog once tried to eat my finger, too. I was fussing around with some Marsh Bettony at the edge, and he just grabbed my finger. It was so funny- I was trying to shake him off saying "Whooaaaa!", my kids were laughing & screaming with delight.
I felt it for a couple of days. What strong jaws they have!
Karen
Northern Illinois, zone 5

http://www.pbase.com/karenfrogpond

Offline Shae

• Members
  • With us since: 09/08/2006
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 25, 2007, 05:05:35 AM »
I love this video! You should post it on YouTube and send it to American Funniest Videos. It's priceless!

Offline Mucky_Waters

• Members
  • With us since: 11/08/2006
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: May 25, 2007, 06:57:08 AM »
Hey all, thanks for watching.
That frog in the video is our single remaining frog we've had for 3 years. We had 3 frogs last year and one other made a short appearance this spring after the ice melted, but he was very thin looking and I never saw him again, so I guess he didn't make it. There are no wild green frogs living close enough for them to just wander in, so if this guy wants some company it means we will have to drive to the closest frog pond and catch him some friends. The closest pond with frogs that I know of is about an hours drive away.
On the upside, we do have local wild tree frogs that visit our ponds and for the first time ever the male's singing has be productive. My greenhouse pond is full of tiny tadpoles, but this has it's own problem. I purposely have not put any fish in my greenhouse pond cause I have been using it for growing my water hyacinth and I like to spike the water with liquid plant fertilizer so they will multiply fast, now with the tadpoles in there I can't put as much fertilizer as I would like to. Oh well, such is ponding.

Backyardponder, the HD camera I'm using is a Sony HDR-HC1, but that particular model has been discontinued.

Karen, unlike your bullfrog my little frog doesn't have much grip at all to his bite, in fact he is so quick you can hardly tell he is actually biting, that's why I slowed the video down for that one part.

Shae I don't think that little video is quite up to America's funniest videos,  ;) , but I do already have one video posted on YouTube. http://youtube.com/watch?v=eKRUdh64H4c I'm not a big fan of youtube though, I already had to delete some rude comments from some idiot people trying to tell me what a bad father I was for letting my kids handle a rattle snake. When I was their age I handled snakes and scorpions all the time without any help or supervision from any adults. It's the people who don't take the time to do stuff like that and take an interest in these impressive animals that tend to kill them as soon as they spot one.

Offline CliffandJoann

• Members
  • With us since: 19/08/2006
    • View Profile
    • CJ's Adventures in Ponding
« Reply #11 on: May 25, 2007, 10:15:42 AM »
Fantastic... O0   
Joann

Offline Jerry

• Trade Count: (7)
  • Members
  • "An analog guy trapped in a digital world."
  • With us since: 05/01/2006
    • View Profile
    • American Ponders!!!!!!!!!
« Reply #12 on: May 25, 2007, 03:59:37 PM »
Loved it too.  Hope my taddies make it.
Jerry
Northridge, California  
Zone 10

"Any women that tries to be the equal of a man, lacks ambition!"

American Ponders Watergardening
American Ponders Pond and Koi Forum

Sitemap 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 
All photo's & content within copyright © 2006-2017 WorldWide WaterGardeners and it's membership "All Rights Reserved"