Author Topic: Thalia geniculata 'Ruminoides' Wanted  (Read 1651 times)

Offline ncapensis

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Members
  • With us since: 18/05/2007
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
    • View Profile
Thalia geniculata 'Ruminoides' Wanted
« on: May 18, 2007, 08:59:57 AM »
Hi , I'm new to this board , so sorry for my first post to asking for something ( well I don't mind paying for something  :) ) , anyway if anyone has a very red Red Stem Thalia I'd like to have a division or two . I have too already , they are very small and not any red so far , perhaps red will follow perhaps not , so I'm after a proven stunner if possible.
Thanks
Steve
p.s. Thanks to Lorenzo for the wonderful Foxfire and the link to this board.

Offline matherfish

• Trade Count: (75)
  • Members
  • With us since: 10/08/2006
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
    • View Profile
Re: Thalia geniculata 'Ruminoides' Wanted
« Reply #1 on: May 18, 2007, 11:07:48 AM »
Hi, and welcome. I have Red Stemmed Thalia for $5 a stem (plant) and shipping is $6.50 for the first one, $3 for each additional one. You can PM me or contact me at matherfish@aol.com.
Thanks, and happy ponding!

Offline ncapensis

• Members
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 18, 2007, 11:33:24 AM »
Thanks , for the reply , I'll email .
Thanks again
Steve

Offline ncapensis

• Members
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 21, 2007, 06:35:26 PM »
Hi guys again , I've ordered two Red Stem Thalia from Mr matherfish  :)
I was wondering if anyone else has one or two to sell as I'd like to cross a few flowers and see if I can grow a super red on , just a fun experiment .
Later
Steve

Offline ncapensis

• Members
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 24, 2007, 01:20:16 PM »
Thanks to Frank for the Red Thalia ,  Great plants , I'm very happy with them , they are out planted in the Sun now.
Thanks again
Later
Steve

Offline matherfish

• Trade Count: (75)
  • Members
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 24, 2007, 03:34:55 PM »
Glad to hear they arrived safely.  Good luck on your 'crossings."  As the plants get bigger they will get more red in them.  They will get to about 5-6 feet tall.

Offline Yacht Lady

• Trade Count: (3)
  • Members
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 29, 2007, 01:08:43 PM »
If you are still looking for some more Thalia for "the experiment", I have some major nice starts available.  The stems have some red with a bit of pink and great pink (and other colors) flowers in the summer.  I think the red comes on the stems when they mature a bit on mine cause they haven't shown much yet, but the were red last summer.  If you are interested, just drop me a note.  I'd send you two nice stems for $5.00 plus shipping.

Karen
The Yacht Hosta Lady

Offline ncapensis

• Members
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 29, 2007, 02:22:46 PM »
Thanks Karen for the offer but I just picked up a whole pot at Lilypons today , so I'm up to my limit on red Thalia . Thanks again
Steve

Offline Yacht Lady

• Trade Count: (3)
  • Members
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 29, 2007, 06:18:34 PM »
Ewe, Lilypons!  That place is so much fun.  I love spending a day there.  Glad you found what you were looking for.  Oh yes, btw, I checked my thalia today and the stems are just now turning pinkish burgundy red, so I wonder if the color comes as they mature.

Regards,
Karen

Offline ncapensis

• Members
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 30, 2007, 04:51:59 AM »
Hi encore Karen , It's wonderful having Lilypons just down the road ( well , just 30 minutes drive from us here in Bethesda) , being able to take the kids there to see all there wonderful ponds is a real bonus. I picked up Tropical Water Lily 'Moonbeam' the other week , Lilypons is not cheap but for a large flowering plant prepotted for the season one does mind paying a good price.I guess when I have a stock of plants next year I can start trading stuff with other members in the area around here.
You seem to be right about the Talia colouring up when bigger , I'm after max colour , so I'm out there everyday for a look  :)
There was a nice young man at Lilypons I was talking too and he was saying the Red Stem is not that popular as it's not Winter hardy like Thalia Dealbata . I know it's a bit of trouble to over Winter Red Stem but the result is worth a little trouble for sure.
Thanks again for your offer of plants
Best Wishes
Steve

Sitemap 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 
All photo's & content within copyright © 2006-2017 WorldWide WaterGardeners and it's membership "All Rights Reserved"