Author Topic: Morning visitor  (Read 684 times)

Offline Esther

• Trade Count: (9)
  • Members
  • With us since: 05/01/2006
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
    • View Profile
Morning visitor
« on: June 17, 2007, 03:53:52 AM »
Mittens kept walking between us to sit on the headboard of the bed this morning about 5:45-6:00. The window was open and she was wishing she was outside. I became irritated because she kept disturbing me. So I got up and was going out on the couch. At the same moment I approached the dining room window, the heron, who had been perched on a pot of lilies, flew. I went and got dressed and went out and look things over. I scooped three orange fish scales off the bottom, bad sign. As I watched, I can count 3 missing fish. But thankfully, they were all about 3 year old mutts that I would have given to Cindi if I could have caught them last summer. My Koi all seem to be there, even the little guy that I bought last summer. There is an all white mutt that must have come from the white butterfly because he has the fin and tail formation. He's still there too. I'm going to drop the lily pots down to the bottom. They were sitting on plant stands so shallow enough for the stupid bird to perch on. The story that we hear that Heron's land out away from the pond and walk in is WRONG. The pot he was sitting on was too deep into the water for him to have walked, even if he could have crawled under the rope fence.

Offline perplexed ponder

• Trade Count: (8)
  • Members
  • With us since: 27/03/2007
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
    • View Profile
Re: Morning visitor
« Reply #1 on: June 17, 2007, 05:17:59 AM »
Sorry Esther!!!
Those blue devils are really smart! They can land on a pot if they can't wade in. The one that hangs around here isnt' afraid of much either. Landed RIGHT behind me on a limb of a tree (if they can land on a limb, why not a pot?).
Kathy

Offline Kat

• Trade Count: (176)
  • Members
  • With us since: 10/08/2006
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
    • View Profile
Re: Morning visitor
« Reply #2 on: June 17, 2007, 06:18:35 AM »
Sorry to hear about your heron!  I had one earlier this year gobble up some of my koi babies from last year that were in a lily pond.  That pond now has nets over it  >:( 

Now the remaining koi are big enough to start chopping the lily stems  >:(-
Kat

There is never enough room for all of the water lilies that I want ;-)

Sitemap 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 
All photo's & content within copyright © 2006-2017 WorldWide WaterGardeners and it's membership "All Rights Reserved"