Author Topic: Looking for toad lily  (Read 1737 times)

Offline Monica

• Trade Count: (1)
  • Members
  • With us since: 11/08/2006
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
    • View Profile
Looking for toad lily
« on: May 31, 2007, 08:17:08 PM »
I am looking for Tricyrtis Miyazaki  and any other toad lily's.  I seen some pictures of them and they are georgous,  I just have to have some now.  I have some red king humbert canna bulbs that are starting to grow and some unnamed irises some are yellow and some are purple and I have what i think is a flag iris also to trade or I will pay shipping.  If anyone has some they are willing to part with just let me know  O0
The irony of life is that, by the time you're old enough to know your way around, you're not going anywhere

Offline LeeAnne151

• Trade Count: (24)
  • Members
  • With us since: 09/08/2006
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
    • View Profile
    • My Photo Galleries
Re: Looking for toad lily
« Reply #1 on: June 01, 2007, 09:26:41 AM »
Sadly, I don't have extra, I think my lily of the valley has smothered them but you will like them if you get them. They are cool. Not showy from a distance but very worthy up close.
~LeeAnne~

“Women and cats will do as they please, and men and dogs should relax and get used to the idea.”

Robert A. Heinlein

Portland, Oregon. USDA Zone 8~Sunset Zone 6

Offline Jennie in MT

• Trade Count: (10)
  • Members
  • C'mon! Pucker up for a little fishy kiss!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 01, 2007, 04:09:32 PM »
I have some, but they are new and not large enough to divide.  Also, not sure offhand what cultivar they are.  One thing I did want to pass on to you was that I just read a big article about toad lilies and they are saying that there is a new virus infecting them.  http://www.perennialnursery.com/tricyrtisvirus.html  Such a bummer and I hope mine are ok.  I have not have blooms yet.....

Offline Yacht Lady

• Trade Count: (3)
  • Members
  • With us since: 10/08/2006
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 02, 2007, 05:06:59 AM »
Mine was spectacular this past fall.  Here is a one of the arching stems from her:

I am not interested in any plant since we are planning to move this winter, but I would consider selling you a nice start if you want one.

Karen

Offline luvmyasagis

• Trade Count: (9)
  • Members
  • With us since: 19/03/2007
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 02, 2007, 02:03:27 PM »
I know someone who has them, pm me your email and I will give it to her or I can try and see  if she will post over here.
Have a blessed day

Offline Yacht Lady

• Members
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 02, 2007, 06:19:09 PM »
luvmyasagis, Thank you so much for thinking of me and my toad lily and the heads up email.  I am YachtLady here on American Ponders and that is my post just above yours.  That's the same picture I sent you. Monica is one of my best customers and I am just finishing up a very large hosta order for her, so she kind of knows me pretty well.  But there was no way for you to know any of that. 

Thanks,
Karen

PS - Monica, I am shipping your order Monday cause I just finished it moments ago (did you see the post that I am sending you some Japanese Maples).  If you are interested in the Toad Lily, let me know before that so that I can include it in your box.  OK?

Offline LeeAnne151

• Trade Count: (24)
  • Members
    • View Profile
    • My Photo Galleries
« Reply #6 on: June 04, 2007, 10:11:07 AM »
Yacht Lady, can you post the link to your Hosta catalog?
~LeeAnne~

“Women and cats will do as they please, and men and dogs should relax and get used to the idea.”

Robert A. Heinlein

Portland, Oregon. USDA Zone 8~Sunset Zone 6

Offline Yacht Lady

• Members
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 04, 2007, 12:05:18 PM »
LeeAnne, I have been so busy filling orders to update it from last year and that link is broken!!!!!!  I'm still not certain what I have left.  I know I don't have any more Blue Mammoth, Krossa Regal, Sagae or Regal Splender.  I am also adding some of the ones I didn't offer last year.  Some are about 20+ years old and beauties.  I just need time.  If you are on DSL I can send you last years catalog, but it isn't totally up to date.  If you are on dial up it takes about an hour to upload on DSL a minute or three.  Just drop me an email.  If I had it last year, I apologize, but my computer did a mind melt when a field mouse urinated on my mother board this past winter!

A whole lot more hostas came back this year in my beds than I ever expected considering what went out of here last year.  I've got left a plethera of Tokudama flavocircinalis, Golden Tiara, Blue Cadet, Feather Boa, Gold Standard, Royal Standard, Honeybells, Hiachynthina, WalMart Special, August Moon, Albomarginata and the ever popular Undulata variegata (which I have about 2000 of if anyone wants to build a big bed of Undulatas.)  I also just found a large cluster of Sieboldiana Elegans tucked away in the woods where I forgot I'd put them!!!  Other than those, I'm not sure what else I have right now, but there are lots of them. 

Now, how can I sign up for a 40 hours day in order to get the new catalog out. . . .

Karen

Offline Monica

• Trade Count: (1)
  • Members
  • With us since: 11/08/2006
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 05, 2007, 07:11:42 PM »
I just seen your posts Karen.  I haven't looked at this post since I posted it.  Thanks again for all the hosta's as soon as I know they are mailed I will be waiting on the mail man and doing the happy dance @O@.  I think he hates me after last year anyway.  Actually I think he retired  {:-P;;I haven't seen him for a while there has been a girl.  Guess he got tired of carrying around all my boxes  {:-P;;.  At least he is a rual carrier and not a city one  :).
The irony of life is that, by the time you're old enough to know your way around, you're not going anywhere

Sitemap 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 
All photo's & content within copyright © 2006-2017 WorldWide WaterGardeners and it's membership "All Rights Reserved"