Author Topic: A Better Idea (?) to Fix My Leak....  (Read 703 times)

Offline Julles

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Members
  • With us since: 06/06/2007
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
    • View Profile
A Better Idea (?) to Fix My Leak....
« on: June 06, 2007, 05:00:29 PM »
I was out looking at the pond a few minutes ago, pondering just how to tackle tomorrow's digging, building, etc.

It occured to me that perhaps I DON'T have to completely remove and rebuild and replace the bog filter.  It's constructed of a 2"x12" wooden frame, with the pond liner coming up out of the pond and then also lining the bog filter.

Well, if water is seeping over that ½" area in the back, where I ran out of liner and didn't have enough to COMPLETELY cover the top of the 2"x12", wouldn't it work if I just RAISED that end a bit, like about 2" ?? 

I've got scrap pressure-treated 2"x4"s that I can put under that end, and 2"x1"s that I can use to ease it down to where it meets the original depth in the front.  The whole thing would then be tilted toward the front end, where it splashes into the pond.  The top of the water will be level, and if the rear end is a few inches above the front, I don't see how any water can get over that problem area.

It wouldn't cost me a cent, will only take a couple of hours instead of two days, and it sounds like it might just work. 

It's worth a try, at least.  I can always go back and redo the entire thing later if it doesn't work. 

But it's a shame I went and bought that new liner... at $175.  Craig's List ??

Sitemap 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 
All photo's & content within copyright © 2006-2017 WorldWide WaterGardeners and it's membership "All Rights Reserved"