Author Topic: 400W metal halide system for sale  (Read 1081 times)

Offline Bartman

• Trade Count: (3)
  • Members
  • With us since: 09/08/2006
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
    • View Profile
    • Bart's World
400W metal halide system for sale
« on: May 10, 2007, 01:50:33 PM »
I will be trying to get rid of my MH lamp, canopy and power supply in a couple weeks as I close down the Tropical Lily wintering tank on a permanent basis.  New this is about $400.00 worth of equipment.  Shipping and insurance will be extra and I would suggest Greyhound as the cheapest.

IN CANADA ONLY.  US as well if you want to pick it up here.

You can see a picture of what this looks like on my web site in the building section for the indoor pond. 

This system, when used properly, can easily keep a couple tropical lilies alive through the winter months and in some cases not just simply "alive", but blooming depending on the lily.

The lamp itself is two years old and is good for at least another two years depending on how many hours a day you need it on and how many days a year.  I kept it burning 12 to 16 hours a day for 8 mohths of the year in zone 3.

If interested, PM with an offer.  I would require a money order in advance of shipping and it would ship out "FREIGHT COLLECT" on the bus.  Once I have it packaged up in a couple of weeks I can advise box size and weight so you can get an estimate for Greyhound.

Thanks.

Bart

Offline SheilaJ

• Trade Count: (11)
  • Members
  • Westminster, MD, zone 6/7
  • With us since: 10/08/2006
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
    • View Profile
Re: 400W metal halide system for sale
« Reply #1 on: May 10, 2007, 03:00:43 PM »
Someone should buy this!

I'm in the US, with no plans to travel to Canada any time soon (wish I could). Plus I already have a 400W metal halide light, and another one would trip my circuit breaker! But I can say that they are AWESOME for growing plants indoors, almost as good as a greenhouse. Good luck with the sale, Bart!
Please see my 300 gallon pond and my container ponds at:
http://members.aol.com/perfectplantsgro/biggerpond.html

Offline Bartman

• Members
    • View Profile
    • Bart's World
« Reply #2 on: June 08, 2007, 02:10:42 PM »
I'm still trying to sell this.  The tropical lilies are now all gone.   Still willing to sell for a steal of a deal in Canada.

Bart

Offline LeeAnne151

• Trade Count: (24)
  • Members
    • View Profile
    • My Photo Galleries
« Reply #3 on: June 08, 2007, 04:15:06 PM »
I'd be thrilled to have it but alas, I'm in the US
~LeeAnne~

“Women and cats will do as they please, and men and dogs should relax and get used to the idea.”

Robert A. Heinlein

Portland, Oregon. USDA Zone 8~Sunset Zone 6

Offline Bartman

• Members
    • View Profile
    • Bart's World
« Reply #4 on: June 08, 2007, 04:21:54 PM »
Just go for a visit and Seans place and I'll send it there.  You can drive it back home no problem!

Bart

Offline LeeAnne151

• Trade Count: (24)
  • Members
    • View Profile
    • My Photo Galleries
« Reply #5 on: June 09, 2007, 10:51:12 AM »
I wish I could schedule a visit to Vancouver this summer but I don't think it is in the cards. I really need high pressure sodium since I'd be putting the light in my greenhouse to supplement natural light anyway.
~LeeAnne~

“Women and cats will do as they please, and men and dogs should relax and get used to the idea.”

Robert A. Heinlein

Portland, Oregon. USDA Zone 8~Sunset Zone 6

Offline Ky Kim

• Trade Count: (16)
  • Members
  • location: Louisville, Ky.....6 A/B ish, depends on which way the wind blows I think.
  • Kimberly
  • With us since: 10/08/2006
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 09, 2007, 11:09:31 AM »
Sounds like a wonderful deal.  But, USA here too.  :-\

Kim

Ponds are like patato chips, ya just can't have one.

Sitemap 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 
All photo's & content within copyright © 2006-2017 WorldWide WaterGardeners and it's membership "All Rights Reserved"