Author Topic: Want your posts read more often?  (Read 1574 times)

Offline Jerry

• Trade Count: (7)
  • Members
  • "An analog guy trapped in a digital world."
  • With us since: 05/01/2006
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
    • View Profile
    • American Ponders!!!!!!!!!
Want your posts read more often?
« on: July 01, 2007, 08:46:26 AM »
Post them on the proper forum.  Sure, it's no big deal if you err, I sure have! {nono}
But posts like "An easy way to fix a flat" (i made that up) Belong on the "Chit Chat" Forum, not Terrestrial Gardening.
Once in a while there is a post that seems impossible to categorize.  Just  do the best you can!
Jerry
Northridge, California  
Zone 10

"Any women that tries to be the equal of a man, lacks ambition!"

American Ponders Watergardening
American Ponders Pond and Koi Forum

Offline Jerry

• Trade Count: (7)
  • Members
  • "An analog guy trapped in a digital world."
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
    • View Profile
    • American Ponders!!!!!!!!!
Re: Want your posts read more often?
« Reply #1 on: July 01, 2007, 09:56:25 AM »
Good one Nancy.  I thought of saying Nudes inside!  I know Steve  ( o(:-)Eagle Eye) would look
Jerry
Northridge, California  
Zone 10

"Any women that tries to be the equal of a man, lacks ambition!"

American Ponders Watergardening
American Ponders Pond and Koi Forum

Offline Esther

• Trade Count: (9)
  • Members
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 01, 2007, 12:48:20 PM »
I think everybody is either out working on/in, sitting by, or taking pictures of their pond today. Here in Michigan the weather is most beautiful. The sun is out and the temp is 79 with a light breeze and floaty puffy white clouds zipping across the sky.

Offline tinkster

• Trade Count: (46)
  • Members
  • With us since: 09/08/2006
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 01, 2007, 08:40:24 PM »
I almost always forget there is more than just the main forum and tend to put everything in there.  I almost never ever read the chit chat.  I just cant seem to remember it then when I do I find I have missed out something really major or important in someones life but its always to late to respond tactfully :(

tinkster

Offline Bonnie

• Trade Count: (43)
  • Members
  • With us since: 09/08/2006
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 03, 2007, 11:24:59 AM »
Truthfully.. I think we have too many subforums here and that prevents some posts from getting noticed.

There are very few koi kichi people here and that section tends to get overlooked and has very few posts.   
I don't know anyone on this forum that owns a proper koi pond so I feel that we are not doing anyone a favor by having a special section for koi.

I might be wrong but 99.9%+ of us that have koi, have watergardens with koi......

Offline Cindi

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Members
  • With us since: 10/08/2006
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 03, 2007, 11:41:40 AM »
I almost always forget there is more than just the main forum and tend to put everything in there.  I almost never ever read the chit chat.  I just cant seem to remember it then when I do I find I have missed out something really major or important in someones life but its always to late to respond tactfully :(

tinkster

I pretty much only read the main pond forum and the chit chat.  Those seem to be the busiest.
Cindi
Cedar Springs, MI , Zone 5

Offline happyoutsidegirl

• Trade Count: (3)
  • Members
  • Be An Organ Doner
  • With us since: 23/01/2007
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 03, 2007, 01:24:47 PM »

tinkster

I pretty much only read the main pond forum and the chit chat.  Those seem to be the busiest.
I pretty much agree with Cindy and Bonnie. I can't even keep up with just those 2 catagories.
I'm just happier outside!
 Debbie
SunnyEastern Wa.
zone 5-6

Offline SueSTx

• Trade Count: (5)
  • Members
  • With us since: 11/08/2006
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 04, 2007, 10:37:53 PM »
I just clink on unread post since last visit...scroll down and read what is of interest.  I don't usually check out the KOI forum since I don't have any...I'm a water gardener.

Offline thedahlialama

• Trade Count: (12)
  • Members
  • just grow it
  • With us since: 11/08/2006
    • View Profile
    • my photobucket site
« Reply #8 on: July 05, 2007, 09:33:15 AM »
yea the real answer to the title is - post them all in Pond Chat.

the only way to get people to adhere to posting categories is to have moderators/admins move them to the appropriate forum. and really, the description of the pond chat forum includes just about all the other forums except chit chat and terrestrial gardening anyway. so it's hard to argue they should be moved.
Our Pond & Watergardens
paradise should be at home

ed

Sitemap 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 
All photo's & content within copyright © 2006-2017 WorldWide WaterGardeners and it's membership "All Rights Reserved"