Author Topic: Source for pond netting  (Read 1795 times)

Offline backyardponder

• Trade Count: (1)
  • Members
  • With us since: 18/08/2006
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
    • View Profile
Source for pond netting
« on: September 05, 2006, 07:58:14 AM »
Fall is here and it's almost time for me to cover the pond with a net to catch the leaves. Previously I've used garden netting which is too frustating since the holes are too big and small leaves fall in.  Does anybody here have a source for a good sturdy netting that has really small homes?  I've googled pond netting and usnetting.com has net that has 1/6 inch holes. 
Any suggestions?
I need a high quality net that will last.

Thanks,
Eija

Offline Monica

• Members
  • With us since: 11/08/2006
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
    • View Profile
Re: Source for pond netting
« Reply #1 on: September 05, 2006, 08:54:26 AM »
This will be the first year I have used a net so I don't really know the answer to your question.  I bought a laguna net to cover mine this year.  I hope it lasts because I sure don't want to buy a new one every year.  It has fairly small holes. 
The irony of life is that, by the time you're old enough to know your way around, you're not going anywhere

Offline Ky Kim

• Trade Count: (16)
  • Members
  • location: Louisville, Ky.....6 A/B ish, depends on which way the wind blows I think.
  • Kimberly
  • With us since: 10/08/2006
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 05, 2006, 09:53:17 AM »
Last year I just used deer netting for my big pond.  I just cut two pieces and took nylon thread and sewed the two pieces together.  That took a little bit of time, looking cross-eyed. :D., because after starring at it for awhile, it gets too you....  ;D.  I bought that at lowes.  My other is just pond netting I got at a pond supply store, I've used it for several years.

Kim

Ponds are like patato chips, ya just can't have one.

Offline backyardponder

• Members
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 05, 2006, 10:13:14 AM »
Yeah, I've used the deer netting before to.  My pond is at the edge of woods with several branches hanging over. The deer netting only stopped the larger leaves.  As I would try to shake off the leaves of the net, it got all tangled and stuck on the edge rocks  >:(-
I'm looking for a sturdier net that won't tangle easy  (8:-)
Since last winter a big mean bird ate all my fish, I want to leave the net on all winter.

Eija

Offline tracey_shafer

• Trade Count: (12)
  • Members
  • With us since: 09/08/2006
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 05, 2006, 10:58:48 AM »
Try internetmesh.net they have eveything.

Offline Jennie in MT

• Trade Count: (10)
  • Members
  • C'mon! Pucker up for a little fishy kiss!
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 05, 2006, 10:59:36 AM »
I have ordered things from Gempler's with good luck.  Here is a link to their netting products  http://www.gemplers.com/a/shop/search.aspx?HKW=net&UID=200609051254518435434101
This one looked good....   http://www.gemplers.com/a/shop/product.asp?T1=G51907&UID=200609051254518435434101

Good luck!
Jennie

Offline backyardponder

• Members
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 05, 2006, 11:47:55 AM »
 @O@
Thank you much!  I'll check those out! 
Eija

Offline croft

• Members
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 05, 2006, 05:07:42 PM »
Eija, I also found that smaller leaves from all my birch trees were getting past the deer netting so two years ago I switched to shade cloth. Its mesh is fine enough to stop even the needles from our spruce trees! It's also UV protected for up to 5 years, I think. I weigh it down around the edges with rocks and support it in the middle with inflatable pool toys such as inner tubes and balls.

I get it mail order from Lee Valley.... don't know if they are in the States but shade cloth must be available at many other places.

Good Luck
Joanne

Maritimes
1800 gal watergarden
goldfish
zone 5b

Offline Kittyzee

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Members
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 05, 2006, 05:23:17 PM »
We always use landscape netting that our state and county uses for holding down grass seeds on large seeding jobs.  It's extremely sturdy and you should be able to buy it at seed or landscaping companies-I lift it off several times and DRAG it across my driveway to the pasture to put the wet leaves out there.  So it's really sturdy.  O0

LuAnn
LuAnn

There are things you do because they feel right & they may make no sense & they may make no money & it may be the real reason we are here:  to love each other & to eat each other's cooking & say it was good.  ~  Brian Andreas 

American Ponders Watergardening
American Ponders Pond and Koi Forum

Offline Reedman

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Members
  • With us since: 11/08/2006
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: September 05, 2006, 06:36:38 PM »
I built a large PVC frame (walk-in) over my pond and strung 4" mesh netting.  I bought it from this company - lots of different types, good prices:

http://www.usnetting.com/HTML/aquatic-netting.html
Reedman

1300 gallon pond - midnight & regular shubunkins/sarassa comets/white comets/rosy red minnows.

Offline Johns

• Trade Count: (11)
  • Members
    • View Profile
    • Garden Endeavors
« Reply #10 on: September 05, 2006, 09:44:21 PM »
backyardponder

Here's the source for the highest quality netting I have ever seen.  Toron netting is strong and I can testify that it lasts as I have some I still use that my father purchased over 30 years ago.  Go to  http://www.jacissel.net/  Talk to them on the phone.  They are very helpful and I am certain you will get what you want.

Offline backyardponder

• Members
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: September 06, 2006, 06:00:19 AM »
Thank you, thank you, I have a lot of options now.  Just what I was looking for!

Eija

Sitemap 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 
All photo's & content within copyright © 2006-2017 WorldWide WaterGardeners and it's membership "All Rights Reserved"