Author Topic: Colorado in shade  (Read 1004 times)

Offline Double S

• Trade Count: (8)
  • Members
  • With us since: 01/06/2007
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
    • View Profile
Colorado in shade
« on: June 14, 2007, 11:54:05 AM »
I moved one of my Colorados into our shade pond this spring - as a test.  It gets at the most one hour of filtered light....the rest of the day is complete shade.

I wish I would of taken a pic yesterday -- yesterday was 3 blooms.  But still one today.

Offline miguynmkoi

• Trade Count: (14)
  • Members
  • Smile!
  • With us since: 23/08/2006
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
    • View Profile
Re: Colorado in shade
« Reply #1 on: June 14, 2007, 11:57:59 AM »
Shade...and still getting blooms?   >:(-

Offline thedahlialama

• Trade Count: (12)
  • Members
  • just grow it
  • With us since: 11/08/2006
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
    • View Profile
    • my photobucket site
« Reply #2 on: June 14, 2007, 12:09:36 PM »
it does seem to lose some of colorado's signature brilliance but looks very pretty just the same. always nice to see anything bloom in the shade!
Our Pond & Watergardens
paradise should be at home

ed

Offline Double S

• Trade Count: (8)
  • Members
  • With us since: 01/06/2007
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 14, 2007, 12:24:49 PM »
That isn't the best pic of it. Last day of bloom was barely hanging on....but still had to take a pic.  The last couple days the blooms looked no different in the shade or the ones in the sun. There really was no difference!  I'm happy to find a lily that will bloom in that pond!! 

Last year I tried Arc -- it did bloom fairly regularly....but only one bloom at a time & not everyday.  Nothing to write home about.  I wasn't happy w/it's performance in shade.

Joanne Pring does ok in shade....but again...nothing to write home about. It will bloom...... just not enough to make me happy.  Does much better in sun.

Offline tinkster

• Trade Count: (46)
  • Members
  • With us since: 09/08/2006
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 14, 2007, 12:28:33 PM »
Be anxious to see how it does.  I took out the water feature and planted my whiskey barrell with land plants this year casue of the deep shade and nothing did well.  I had one yellow lilly that would bloom once or twice.

tinkster

Offline thedahlialama

• Trade Count: (12)
  • Members
  • just grow it
  • With us since: 11/08/2006
    • View Profile
    • my photobucket site
« Reply #5 on: June 16, 2007, 01:10:56 PM »
i would have been thrilled to get the Arc to bloom even once before i lost it!! it is one of those elegant lilies that just quietly impresses me everytime i see a pic of the blooms. luckily it also has the prettiest pads of any lily so just having one is enough even if it never blooms
Our Pond & Watergardens
paradise should be at home

ed

Sitemap 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 
All photo's & content within copyright © 2006-2017 WorldWide WaterGardeners and it's membership "All Rights Reserved"