Author Topic: Craig if you are watching..... Need your expertise PLEASE  (Read 1200 times)

Offline El Jefe

• Trade Count: (1)
  • Members
  • Senior Chief USN Ret
  • With us since: 09/11/2006
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
    • View Profile
Craig if you are watching..... Need your expertise PLEASE
« on: June 14, 2007, 10:08:17 AM »
Craig, Some time ago you sent me a Voodoo lilly and some Aussie seed. Long story short, Aussie seed did not do well BUT this plant seems to be doing great. What type of voodoo lily is it and what should I expect? I already lost the Aussie seed and through shear stupidity I think I just killed my Lotus, I don't want to Blow it with this one  ::) Whatever advice you can give me I willl be eternally grateful. Thanks Andy

… The soul is dyed the color of it’s thoughts. Think only on those things that are in line with your principles and can bear the light of day. The content of your character is your choice, Day by day, what you choose, what you think and what you do is WHO you become. Your integrity is your destiny, it is the light that guides your way……

Offline Ky Kim

• Trade Count: (16)
  • Members
  • location: Louisville, Ky.....6 A/B ish, depends on which way the wind blows I think.
  • Kimberly
  • With us since: 10/08/2006
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
    • View Profile
Re: Craig if you are watching..... Need your expertise PLEASE
« Reply #1 on: June 15, 2007, 09:23:44 AM »
That is really cool looking....

Kim

Ponds are like patato chips, ya just can't have one.

Offline SheilaJ

• Trade Count: (11)
  • Members
  • Westminster, MD, zone 6/7
  • With us since: 10/08/2006
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 17, 2007, 09:40:46 AM »
I'm not Craig, but I used to have a voodoo lily - don't know the variety though. It had a weird growing cycle - would grow about 6 to 12 months, I can't recall exactly, then go dormant for several months and need to be kept dry until it would start sprouting on its own again. Mine finally succumbed indoors one winter when I had a horrible whitefly infestation.

If you go to www.plantdelights.com, they sell a lot of them and have some cultural info on the catalog page, I think.

I hope that helps a little. Maybe you can find an email address for Craig and ask directly?
Please see my 300 gallon pond and my container ponds at:
http://members.aol.com/perfectplantsgro/biggerpond.html

Offline El Jefe

• Trade Count: (1)
  • Members
  • Senior Chief USN Ret
  • With us since: 09/11/2006
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 17, 2007, 12:46:06 PM »
I e-mailed craig at the same time I posted and he was kind enough to respond. I don't think he will mind if I share. Andy

Hey Andy,

Looks like you got yourself an Amorphophallus paeonfolius there....pretty stinky when it blooms, which won't be this year as you get a leaf or a bloom and you got leaf.

Feed it up and it should bloom next year,the tuber needs to be about softball size.  Come fall sometime it is going to go dormant on you...they all do, well except A. titianum and A. gigas.

As for the fertilizer.....look for something like a Peter's 20-20-20 foliar feed.  The dilution rate is usually 1tsp/gal.  Cut it back to 0.5tsp/gal and you can use it weekly.  The regimen is often referred to as "weakly, weekly".  Primary thing to remember is they are heavy feeders and they do not want to dry out....until they go to tuber and they need to be stored dry.

Hope that helps.

Craig
… The soul is dyed the color of it’s thoughts. Think only on those things that are in line with your principles and can bear the light of day. The content of your character is your choice, Day by day, what you choose, what you think and what you do is WHO you become. Your integrity is your destiny, it is the light that guides your way……

Sitemap 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 
All photo's & content within copyright © 2006-2017 WorldWide WaterGardeners and it's membership "All Rights Reserved"