Author Topic: Some of my favorite plants... bee balm..hydrangae, big sky series enchindeas  (Read 1689 times)

Offline tinkster

• Trade Count: (46)
  • Members
  • With us since: 09/08/2006
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
    • View Profile
THese are some of my favorite plants.. I just love the big sky series enchindeas.... My hydrangaes are just starting to bloom, was afriad they would not since they got bit back real bad with the late cold snap and my bee balm is getting huge.

tinkster

Offline mcp

• Trade Count: (1)
  • Members
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
    • View Profile
Tink Your plants look gorgeous as ever.Love all the layering look. I am so envious of you living in zone 6 and me up here in cold North zone 5. You are just about a month ahead of us. Thanks for sharing and as you know bee balm is one of my favorites. :)
McKean County Pa. zone 5

Offline Pa Nancy

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Members
  • With us since: 13/08/2006
    • View Profile
Oh I LOVE that Hydrangea.  o(:-) o(:-)

Offline Bonnie

• Trade Count: (43)
  • Members
    • View Profile
Beautiful Tink!

Offline maryvonne

• Trade Count: (2)
  • Members
    • View Profile
    • My photo albums
Very pretty blooms Tink.

Maryvonne
Maryvonne
Surrey B.C.
Canada

zone 7-8

Offline tinkster

• Members
    • View Profile
Thanks I love the bright colors :)

MCP.. I know it is.. your the one that told me to buy one.. but I bought two.. wish I had not.. they grow rather big and now I need to move one :(

tinkster

Offline perplexed ponder

• Trade Count: (8)
  • Members
  • With us since: 27/03/2007
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
    • View Profile
Love the new colors of echinacea! I have a few orange ones too, not blooming here yet. Have you seent he new tiki torch and green one? I think they are from white flower farm.
Pond looks great!
Kathy

Offline miguynmkoi

• Trade Count: (14)
  • Members
  • Smile!
  • With us since: 23/08/2006
    • View Profile
Love your blue hydrandeas.  Didn't have the chance to add acidic feeder to mine this year.  Most of mine are whitish/pale pink or just PINK.  Getting hot here and hydrangeas are starting to look paper dry  :(

Offline SueSTx

• Trade Count: (5)
  • Members
  • With us since: 11/08/2006
    • View Profile
All the blooms are beautiful.

I'm not usually into yellows and oranges, but your's are pretty.

Offline Jonna

• Trade Count: (2)
  • Members
  • With us since: 03/09/2006
    • View Profile
    • Blah... blah... blah... Ginger!
Gorgeous flowers and pond Tinkster!   O0

Offline thedahlialama

• Trade Count: (12)
  • Members
  • just grow it
  • With us since: 11/08/2006
    • View Profile
    • my photobucket site
nothing less than the beauty i expect from you tink!!  O0

is the hydrangea one of those rare ones that stays purple or do you feed it something special? i've about given up on those type because they always come back that yucky pinkish color.
Our Pond & Watergardens
paradise should be at home

ed

Offline tinkster

• Members
    • View Profile
deli.... no I dont feed them anything but manure.  I have 3 blues but this year one in a different location is the pink.  I think the pink is very pretty though.. guess its a male thing with the pink hehehe

tinkster

Offline CliffandJoann

• Members
  • With us since: 19/08/2006
    • View Profile
    • CJ's Adventures in Ponding
Wonderful, I love the wild and natural look, our type of gardening.

Joann

Offline LeeAnne151

• Trade Count: (24)
  • Members
    • View Profile
    • My Photo Galleries
The color of Hydrangeas depends on soil PH. Acidic soil = blue, Alkaline soil = pink. Perfectly normal for So CA Hydrangeas to be pink. Hit them with Miracid or another Azalea/Rhododendron fertilizer to change the blooms to blue. You have to do it more than once and before they bloom. Peat moss will also help. Don't lime them. There are a few that are stable, color wise but almost all of them are changeable. They are all almost always blue here. My 'Pia' is pink though. It is a dwarf.

Tink, lovely. I bet you found those Echinaceas cheap too, didn't you? They are expensive here and I have not ponied up but I love the neon colors. They don't look real.
~LeeAnne~

“Women and cats will do as they please, and men and dogs should relax and get used to the idea.”

Robert A. Heinlein

Portland, Oregon. USDA Zone 8~Sunset Zone 6

Offline GAjen

• Members
  • With us since: 17/05/2007
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
    • View Profile
Very pretty!

Sitemap 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 
All photo's & content within copyright © 2006-2017 WorldWide WaterGardeners and it's membership "All Rights Reserved"