Author Topic: Would you trim buds if you're leaving on vacation?  (Read 818 times)

Offline perplexed ponder

• Trade Count: (8)
  • Members
  • With us since: 27/03/2007
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
    • View Profile
Would you trim buds if you're leaving on vacation?
« on: June 29, 2007, 04:36:50 PM »
I was wondering if trimming buds that will open within the week might spur more buds for when I return home.
Kathy

Offline thedahlialama

• Trade Count: (12)
  • Members
  • just grow it
  • With us since: 11/08/2006
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
    • View Profile
    • my photobucket site
Re: Would you trim buds if you're leaving on vacation?
« Reply #1 on: June 29, 2007, 08:33:58 PM »
i really don't know the answer but i'll give you a bump as this post is slipping away. my guess is that it might work that way. we dead head many of our other flowers because it takes away from the plants energy to keep them and produce seeds from them. why not WL's?

i also wanted to say thanks for the fantastic lilies you sent me. put in the pond yesterday and mayla already opened up a a bloom today!! just a little tulip shaped one, but a beauty for me to behold anyway!! pics will be forthcoming but i guess you;ll have to see them when you get back. have a great time 'slothing'!! ;)
Our Pond & Watergardens
paradise should be at home

ed

Offline miguynmkoi

• Trade Count: (14)
  • Members
  • Smile!
  • With us since: 23/08/2006
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 29, 2007, 09:27:12 PM »
It makes sense what Dahlialama says but I couldn't bear to cut off my few precious buds  :'(  But then I don't have as many buds and blooms as you
(jealous undertone  ;D )

I hope you enjoy your trip!  8)

Offline thedahlialama

• Trade Count: (12)
  • Members
  • just grow it
  • With us since: 11/08/2006
    • View Profile
    • my photobucket site
« Reply #3 on: June 30, 2007, 01:46:28 PM »
but I couldn't bear to cut off my few precious buds  :'(  But then I don't have as many buds and blooms as you
(jealous undertone  ;D )

yea, i never said i would do that!! i can't even stand to leave the house for that long during bloom season! it must be nice to have so many that you can post an "i came back and found..." thread!! ;D

(i'd be busy counting the spent blooms under water lamenting what i missed!!  :P )
Our Pond & Watergardens
paradise should be at home

ed

Sitemap 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 
All photo's & content within copyright © 2006-2017 WorldWide WaterGardeners and it's membership "All Rights Reserved"