Author Topic: Plant markers group order?  (Read 1393 times)

Offline Jennie in MT

• Trade Count: (10)
  • Members
  • C'mon! Pucker up for a little fishy kiss!
  • With us since: 09/08/2006
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
    • View Profile
Plant markers group order?
« on: June 28, 2007, 12:06:20 AM »
Okay...I'll admit it:  I can be neurotic about keeping track of which plants I have and where they are planted.   {:-P;;  I have tried window blind slats (they work fine in the pond but get brittle and break in my harsh climate), metal stakes with garden marking pen (varying success depending on the quality of the stake...my peacocks pulled off half of the nameplates of my most recent ones this winter.  "Oooooh!  Sparkly!  8-)~ Let's taste that! " ).  So here I am, needing new markers and trying to decide what to do.  After reading a post last year, I decided to try a label printer (brother  2700 which I like very much so far) but I still need something to stick the labels on!  LOL  So I searched the internet (Well? doesn't everyone??)

I found some plant markers that I love and was thinking about placing an order.  They are a bit more expensive than the ones I usually buy, but if they are nicer, then that works for me!  They are certainly prettier.  Would anyone (pr several anyones) be interested in placing a group order?  I like the idea of a discreet black marker rather than the metallic zinc ones I usually get.  I also am planning on using clear label with a white text for the black markers, so the label blends into the plate.  There is a high adhesive laminated label tape that is recommended for outdoor use. If anyone is interested, I would be willing to make labels for your plants also with the printer for the cost of the label material.....

Here is the link to the labels.  http://www.northernexposuregarden.com/markers.htm  They have a nice slide show of the labels in different uses. 

Any thoughts? 

Offline Kat

• Trade Count: (176)
  • Members
  • With us since: 10/08/2006
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
    • View Profile
Re: Plant markers group order?
« Reply #1 on: June 28, 2007, 05:04:08 AM »
I don't have any experience with what you are suggesting, so I'll pass along the info on what I use.

http://www.amleo.com/index/item.cgi?cmd=view&Words=ps6&idx=+2W

I order white & use Sharpie markers for writing.  I'll write the name on top & on the bottom of the marker.  The part that gets stuck in the soil where written on lasts longer.  I'll also take 2 labels written on & sandwich the writing to the inside so the writing isn't as exposed to the water/elements.  The labels will last several years & can be rewritten on if dry.
Kat

There is never enough room for all of the water lilies that I want ;-)

Offline Double S

• Trade Count: (8)
  • Members
  • With us since: 01/06/2007
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 28, 2007, 06:31:56 AM »
I love those, but I'd need a good 100 -- and makes it out of my price range.

Offline Jennie in MT

• Trade Count: (10)
  • Members
  • C'mon! Pucker up for a little fishy kiss!
  • With us since: 09/08/2006
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 28, 2007, 07:03:23 PM »
I hear ya Sandy!  I need at least 100.....  and at 1.35 each...probably not...Now if I could get it closer to $1 esch, I could maybe swing it.

Thanks for the link Kat.  I will check it out. 

Sitemap 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 
All photo's & content within copyright © 2006-2017 WorldWide WaterGardeners and it's membership "All Rights Reserved"