Author Topic: Triple debut and other blooms  (Read 1393 times)

Offline joeyb5980

• Trade Count: (24)
  • Members
  • With us since: 21/08/2006
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
    • View Profile
Triple debut and other blooms
« on: June 29, 2007, 11:00:34 AM »
Just some new blooms today (in the rain no less- it has been pouring rain off and on here since yesterday evening- we SOOO needed the rain here though). 

My Colorado finally made its big debut in the bathtub today with THREE blooms opening together all at once today.  This is the first time my Colorado has bloomed, and I couldn't believe it started out with three all on the same day and so high above the water.  The buds actually grew up about 3" to 4" overnight last night- they are standing tall like a tropical.  This beauty came from Kat I believe.

Almost Black is blooming in the tub with it.  Almost Black and Mayla have surprised me with bloom after bloom- Mayla had the day off today though  :)

I also had my very first Gonnerre bloom today too!   @O@  Didn't open quite all the way, probably because of the weather.  Thanks to Frank (matherfish) for this gorgeous lily!

Also had my first good Firecrest bloom today.  It has had a couple of blooms already, but they were slightly deformed because they bloomed prematurely after the transplant.  Thanks for this great lily Marie (fernlady)!! 

And finally, a couple of other shots including red spider, pickerel, and some closeups...

Best day for blooms for me so far- 10 total today (if you count Attraction and Commanche which only opened halfway because of the rain)  ;)
Thanks for looking!

Joey

Offline Ky Kim

• Trade Count: (16)
  • Members
  • location: Louisville, Ky.....6 A/B ish, depends on which way the wind blows I think.
  • Kimberly
  • With us since: 10/08/2006
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
    • View Profile
Re: Triple debut and other blooms
« Reply #1 on: June 29, 2007, 11:14:01 AM »
Beautiful shots, I think the rain drops adds something to a photo.  I really like the close-ups....doesn't it make ya feel good when there blooming.  I love taking pic's of blooms.

We're getting rain right here now.... @O@

Kim

Ponds are like patato chips, ya just can't have one.

Offline Desertponder

• Trade Count: (12)
  • Members
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 29, 2007, 11:36:54 AM »
Beautiful Joey!! O0 My Colorado has three blooms on it today as well. :)
Your Almost Black looks perfect! O0
Gonnere blooms tend to not open all the way. Seems to be a characteristic of the plant. Sometimes they do, sometimes they don't. :)
Shanna
A true-blue kiddie pool, whiskey barrel & stock tank  ponder! :yes:
If it can hold water.....it's a watergarden!

Offline miguynmkoi

• Trade Count: (14)
  • Members
  • Smile!
  • With us since: 23/08/2006
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 29, 2007, 12:15:48 PM »
Oh so very beautiful  :D  Lucky lucky you!  @O@

PS - How do you get so many photos on one post?  :o

Offline thedahlialama

• Members
  • just grow it
  • With us since: 11/08/2006
    • View Profile
    • my photobucket site
« Reply #4 on: June 29, 2007, 12:40:46 PM »
GREAT SHOTS joey!! i knew your gonnere would come thru for you. your first bloom opened a bit more than mine did. and those colorado are spectacular!! such symmetry from the way they popped up together!! mother nature really can be the greatest artist of all some days!! glad you had the camera handy to capture that!!

Our Pond & Watergardens
paradise should be at home

ed

Offline tinkster

• Trade Count: (46)
  • Members
  • With us since: 09/08/2006
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 29, 2007, 12:45:15 PM »
all so very pretty!!!   Keep the pictures coming!

tinkster

Offline Kat

• Trade Count: (176)
  • Members
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 29, 2007, 12:49:08 PM »
Looking really great!  O0 O0
Kat

There is never enough room for all of the water lilies that I want ;-)

Offline Double S

• Trade Count: (8)
  • Members
  • With us since: 01/06/2007
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 29, 2007, 12:52:29 PM »
What a beautiful day!!!!

Offline joeyb5980

• Trade Count: (24)
  • Members
  • With us since: 21/08/2006
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 29, 2007, 01:26:55 PM »
Thanks for the compliments everyone. 

Miguynmkoi- not sure........I always just stick all the photos I want in there, and have never had a problem with it.  I guess if I try to post too many in one post it will let me know  {-) 

Thanks for the info on Gonnere Shanna and Ed... Come to think of it, in alot of photos of Gonnere I have seen it is not fully open... Noticed the same thing about James Brydon pics.  Just bought it last week though, so it hasn't given me a bloom of my own yet  :)  It is pretty even if that is as far as it can stretch its petals  ;)  I was really surprised and excited to see those Colorado blooms at lunch.  There is a fourth bud just under them, so maybe tomorrow or Sunday I can catch four open at the same time  :D

Joey

Offline thedahlialama

• Members
  • just grow it
  • With us since: 11/08/2006
    • View Profile
    • my photobucket site
« Reply #9 on: June 29, 2007, 02:16:27 PM »
Annette - he has his pics hosted on photobucket so they load from another site. all this site sees them as are text (the img code). this site only limits photos from its own gallery. most of us wit offsite hosting still tend to break them up into several posts. for me it is because i lose track of what i'm doing if i don't stop and see what i've said and posted after several pics.  ;D
Our Pond & Watergardens
paradise should be at home

ed

Offline maryvonne

• Trade Count: (2)
  • Members
  • With us since: 09/08/2006
    • View Profile
    • My photo albums
« Reply #10 on: June 29, 2007, 02:21:00 PM »
All very beautiful lilies very nicely photographed. My Mayla doesn't bloom well for me, but when it does it's very pretty. I need to add Gonere to my collection next year.

Maryvonne
Maryvonne
Surrey B.C.
Canada

zone 7-8

Offline louis

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Members
    • View Profile
    • Lou's Views
« Reply #11 on: June 29, 2007, 06:29:26 PM »
great shots and in a bathtub. :)

lou

Sitemap 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 
All photo's & content within copyright © 2006-2017 WorldWide WaterGardeners and it's membership "All Rights Reserved"