Author Topic: Any one plant a lily upside down??  (Read 588 times)

Offline small fish

• Trade Count: (13)
  • Members
  • With us since: 11/08/2006
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
    • View Profile
Any one plant a lily upside down??
« on: June 30, 2007, 07:09:23 PM »
I was in the pond today pruning the lily pads and looking at what needed to be divided and I found a lily that had a number of pads growing downward.  There were a few pads at the top of the water.  Very strange looking.  Think I should replant this lily??

Myra
Myra Shreveport, LaZone 8A

Offline thedahlialama

• Trade Count: (12)
  • Members
  • just grow it
  • With us since: 11/08/2006
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
    • View Profile
    • my photobucket site
Re: Any one plant a lily upside down??
« Reply #1 on: June 30, 2007, 08:07:31 PM »
i sometimes have a hard time deciding which way is up when i get new lilies! often enough they come with both roots and growth tip seeming to come up from the same side. my solution has been to kind of comb down the roots like it was long hair so that it reaches down to the other side and then try to cover as much of it as possible with soil when i plant it leaving only the growth tip completely exposed. i'm not sure this is the right thing to do, but it was the instinctive thing to do. i'd love to hear answers from some of our gurus who really know how to grow their lilies!!
Our Pond & Watergardens
paradise should be at home

ed

Sitemap 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 
All photo's & content within copyright © 2006-2017 WorldWide WaterGardeners and it's membership "All Rights Reserved"