Author Topic: Pond Vac or Shop Vac ???  (Read 1505 times)

Offline small fish

• Trade Count: (13)
  • Members
  • With us since: 11/08/2006
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
    • View Profile
Pond Vac or Shop Vac ???
« on: September 12, 2006, 08:08:09 PM »
 Can you share your experience with these.   I am planning on buying one.  Looks like one is far cheaper that the other. Can you recommend a brand or name of a pond vac. Did you buy one and wish you had bought the other??  How easy or diffcult is yours to use.  My pond is 2200 gal and is really two ponds in one.  That is the two has a dam between the two with one waterfall at the top of the first pond and a smaller waterfall on the side of the smaller pond.  I would  post a pic as I have been taking lots of pics now that I have the hang of my camera. But I have not figured out how to post pics yet.

Myra
« Last Edit: September 12, 2006, 08:14:17 PM by small fish »
Myra Shreveport, LaZone 8A

mascot

• Trade Count: (0)
Re: Pond Vac or Shop Vac ???
« Reply #1 on: September 12, 2006, 09:38:19 PM »
I bought a pool vac from Lowes...it's black with a mesh bag that stays under water and it's awesome.  The muck vac that I bought last year didn't suck at all (but it was supposed to).   I ended up throwing it away and tried this pool vac and I like it.

Offline small fish

• Members
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 13, 2006, 07:09:15 AM »
Oh, GREAT,  thanks .... I never even thought of a pool vac ... I have friends of mine who ask me why didn't I have a pool put in iinstead of a pond ... I had to tell them that would have been boring...   @O@

Myra

Offline LeeAnne151

• Trade Count: (24)
  • Members
  • With us since: 09/08/2006
    • View Profile
    • My Photo Galleries
« Reply #3 on: September 13, 2006, 06:57:51 PM »
I have not been happy with the Shop Vac QPV or something similar, that has the pump in it to pump the water out so you don't have to dump it. It does not pump out nearly as fast as it sucks in and it over heats in a few minutes and shuts itself off.  It was not worth the $100 it cost.
~LeeAnne~

“Women and cats will do as they please, and men and dogs should relax and get used to the idea.”

Robert A. Heinlein

Portland, Oregon. USDA Zone 8~Sunset Zone 6

Offline EagleEye

• Trade Count: (5)
  • Members
  • zone 5, Sauk City, WI
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 13, 2006, 07:10:56 PM »
Go with the pool vac, but use knee high stockings as the gunk trap instead of the mesh bag. You will be glad that you did.

Steve
My Biggest Worry Is That the other half (when I'm dead)  Will Sell My Fishing Stuff For What I Said I Paid For It

Offline small fish

• Members
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 13, 2006, 08:14:34 PM »
Well, I have plenty of knee highs.... I have to shoot out to the store this week end and check out the pool vacs... thanks again.

Myra

mascot

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #6 on: September 13, 2006, 09:50:15 PM »
Go with the pool vac, but use knee high stockings as the gunk trap instead of the mesh bag. You will be glad that you did.

Steve

really?  how come?  and what brand do you wear, big fella?

Offline Monica

• Trade Count: (1)
  • Members
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 14, 2006, 06:08:10 AM »
I don't know what brand he wears but I know the knee highs will catch more of the debris. 
The irony of life is that, by the time you're old enough to know your way around, you're not going anywhere

Offline EagleEye

• Trade Count: (5)
  • Members
  • zone 5, Sauk City, WI
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 14, 2006, 06:51:31 AM »
I just about bought sandlefoot, cause I like that color, till my sister told me that they were called sandlefoot because they had the toes cut out. @O@ @O@
Dollar store brand, 6 pair for $1 O0 ;D @O@ @O@
Steve
My Biggest Worry Is That the other half (when I'm dead)  Will Sell My Fishing Stuff For What I Said I Paid For It

Sitemap 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 
All photo's & content within copyright © 2006-2017 WorldWide WaterGardeners and it's membership "All Rights Reserved"