Author Topic: Landscaping fence NIGHTMARE ...help on neighboring WEED intrusion! Bamboo Fence?  (Read 1081 times)

Offline tinkster

• Trade Count: (46)
  • Members
  • With us since: 09/08/2006
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
    • View Profile
I have put off taking care of this fence as long as I can.  It runs up the hill behind all of my pond and waterfall and is a horrid eyesore.  ITs very steep and rock.. I am going to jackhammer out holes to plant drawf spruce per joyces great idea but the problem I am h aving now is the neighboring lots is overgrown and has this horrid nightmare vine that I keep cutting back almost weekly and it just keeps coming over and under and through the fence and I know it will eventually get into my beds and flowers and once I get the evergreens in there is will be very difficult to get behind them to keep it cut back.

Anybody have any experience with using the "unrolling"  type bamboo fencing ya see that you  secure to an exisiting fence?  I was wondering if that might help keep it out?  or is there any other way to keep these weeds from marching down onto my property?  Thanks much for any advice!

tinkster

Offline milliemax

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Members
  • With us since: 02/09/2006
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
    • View Profile
  It's hard to tell what it is. Is it vinca? Small blue flowers in early spring?
 That stuff is nasty! Even after using round up the stuff still came back!
  Though I don't like to use it,Round up every time you see a sprig sprouting is the only way to get vinca. JMHO  Nancy
Nancy-going crazy! Want to come?
USDA zone 8, No CA

Offline tinkster

• Trade Count: (46)
  • Members
    • View Profile
Hi there

No its not vinca vine. I have that also on the bank.. I actually planted vinca and the bank is so steep, dry it grows but doesnt do much.  This vine has 20 ft or longer vines on it. I cant imagine having to roundoff all of it but guess that is a good start and to keep cutting it down .. I am tempted to "cross" my property line border and spray that on the bank :)

tinkster

Offline EagleEye

• Trade Count: (5)
  • Members
  • zone 5, Sauk City, WI
    • View Profile
Why don't you talk to your neighbor about it?

Steve
My Biggest Worry Is That the other half (when I'm dead)  Will Sell My Fishing Stuff For What I Said I Paid For It

Offline Johns

• Trade Count: (11)
  • Members
  • With us since: 10/08/2006
    • View Profile
    • Garden Endeavors
Tink,

Groundclear (old name Triox) will do the job for you.  Mix 1 quart with 1 gallon of water in a plastic sprinkle can (NOT A SPRAYER) and soak the ground six inches either side of the fencerow twice a year and you will have a nice clear strip of bare ground a foot wide with your fence down the middle.  If you still want to screen the view of the other side of the fence, stockade fencing (Use the highest grade, the cheap stuff will only last about five years).  Bamboo fencing will not only not keep out the weeds, it will deteriorate in just a few years.

Sitemap 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 
All photo's & content within copyright © 2006-2017 WorldWide WaterGardeners and it's membership "All Rights Reserved"