Author Topic: I lied.  (Read 1340 times)

Offline Esther

• Trade Count: (9)
  • Members
  • With us since: 05/01/2006
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
    • View Profile
I lied.
« on: July 23, 2007, 06:58:23 PM »
I had said now that Kevin has linked us up with Braeden's Care Pages,  http://www.americanponders.com/forum/index.php?topic=3761.0 
I wouldn't be posting updates here. Well I couldn't wait to tell ya what he said tonight. Braeden was admitted to the hospital today for Chemo #4. So while they were waiting to be hooked up to the drugs, the doctor came to give him a checkup. He pushed and poked around the tumor site and finally turned to Dawn and said, "I can't feel any sign of the tumor." Needless to say, we are all thrilled. Braeden continues to be much more "happy go lucky" and seems to be coping well with all the medical procedures.

One more matter of prayer for them though. They live about a hour drive northeast of GR and also where Kevin works so they puts lots of miles on their vehicles. The van that Dawn drives is a little newer and has fewer miles than Kevin's car. Friday when she drove in Kevin noticed something dripping from underneath by the transmission. So he put fluid in and took it a couple of miles to his stepsister Cindi's husband who is a good mechanic. He said that he doesn't know much about transmissions and hoped it was the pump. So now Kevin has to find somebody he can trust to give him the truth about what is wrong because they don't have a lot of money to spend on a wrong diagnosis.
« Last Edit: July 23, 2007, 07:10:35 PM by Esther »

Offline Ky Kim

• Trade Count: (16)
  • Members
  • location: Louisville, Ky.....6 A/B ish, depends on which way the wind blows I think.
  • Kimberly
  • With us since: 10/08/2006
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
    • View Profile
Re: I lied.
« Reply #1 on: July 23, 2007, 07:01:53 PM »
Re: Braeden
« Reply #2 on: July 13, 2007, 03:16:15 PM » Quote Modify Remove 

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I'm still praying hard.  Praying that it will just disapper and the he'll be cancer free.

Kim

Prayer heals!  Glad to hear the good news.

Kim

Ponds are like patato chips, ya just can't have one.

Offline Indiana Karen

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Members
  • With us since: 09/08/2006
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 23, 2007, 07:14:09 PM »
Wonderful news Esther.  Its about time you get some good news! @O@

Karen

Offline Jonna

• Trade Count: (2)
  • Members
  • With us since: 03/09/2006
    • View Profile
    • Blah... blah... blah... Ginger!
« Reply #3 on: July 23, 2007, 08:03:21 PM »
Great news!  I'm so pleased that things are going well for Braeden.  I hope the car woes get solved cheaply and easily. 

I'm also glad you are still posting here.  I did go to sign up at that site but after about 3 failed attempts and requests for more info I just gave up.  I don't like giving up my life history like that.  I don't know, it just seemed they wanted too much and I wondered what they would do with it.

So, please let us know here when you have news. I think we are all pulling for this little guy to come through easily and with a complete life ahead of him.

Offline maryvonne

• Trade Count: (2)
  • Members
  • With us since: 09/08/2006
    • View Profile
    • My photo albums
« Reply #4 on: July 23, 2007, 09:07:03 PM »
Wonderful news for Braeden. I hope he continues to do well. Hopefully the car issue is resolved with little expense. They don't need the extra expenses now.

Maryvonne
Maryvonne
Surrey B.C.
Canada

zone 7-8

Offline barb

• Trade Count: (1)
  • Members
  • Connecticut
  • With us since: 11/08/2006
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 24, 2007, 09:53:05 AM »
I am so happy to hear about the exam, that's great news!  You can never give too many updates, I am always looking for them.  And I hope the car needs an easy fix.

Offline Esther

• Members
    • View Profile
Re: I lied. UPDATE on car
« Reply #6 on: July 25, 2007, 02:18:23 PM »
We went down to the hospital this noon and stayed with Braeden while Dawn went down to lunch. HE was asleep in his mother's arms, when we got there. His face was so white and his eyes were kind of sunken and the skin was blue by his eyes. He was sleeping so hard he didn't even stir when she got up and layed him in the crib. But she said they had given him Benedryl and that knocked him out. Finally he started to stir and I told him that Brampa was there and he opened his eyes and gave him a little smile. He likes his Brampa. He had "sketti and sooooop" for lunch and ate pretty well. He will go home Friday morning and the next CT scan is scheduled for the 6th of August I think.

Someone from their church has a flat bed trailer and will come to pick up the car and take it to a garage that is trusted.

Well, he just heard that the transmission is shot and will run $2500 to replace. But he can't buy another car for that so guess he will have it replaced when he gets the money. In the meantime things are getting harder and harder for them financially of course.

Offline happyoutsidegirl

• Trade Count: (3)
  • Members
  • Be An Organ Doner
  • With us since: 23/01/2007
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 26, 2007, 04:46:01 AM »
I pray all turnes out well. Say I have been off for so long I missed the carepages thing. I'm already signed up in there as my granddaughter has carepages. What is his page name. Bekka's is Rebekkahaltiner's carepage.
I'm just happier outside!
 Debbie
SunnyEastern Wa.
zone 5-6

Offline Esther

• Members
    • View Profile

Sitemap 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 
All photo's & content within copyright © 2006-2017 WorldWide WaterGardeners and it's membership "All Rights Reserved"