Author Topic: McCoubrey's is open  (Read 1370 times)

Offline whis4ey

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Members
  • With us since: 13/08/2006
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
    • View Profile
    • Fujiyama Japanese Garden
McCoubrey's is open
« on: September 10, 2007, 05:39:36 AM »
McCoubreys pub was re-opened officially on Saturday
Plenty of Guinness, beer and wine and a few bottles of fine Champagne for the opening celebrations
Irish stew and crusty bread for everybody and then down to some serious drinking :)
The live music started and lasted a couple of hours
The stragglers were finally ejected in the small hours of the morning
All in all a fine evenings 'craic' :)
Here are a few photographs (Esther may recognise the towels embroidered 'Follow me to McCoubrey's) .....

Offline whis4ey

• Members
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
    • View Profile
Re: McCoubrey's is open
« Reply #1 on: September 10, 2007, 05:44:10 AM »
and

Offline Esther

• Trade Count: (9)
  • Members
  • With us since: 05/01/2006
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 10, 2007, 07:16:40 AM »
You are just a "hoot". I cannot believe what you have done on your property.

Folks, Sam has had a book published about his efforts in turning his property, some of which was rather wet and swampy, into a wonderful place of paths and special garden nooks.It has a Japanese theme.  He even has a tea house there. It also has a wonderful mud bottom pond where the herons love to visit. I'm not sure how his latest addition fits the Japanese theme but it sure will be fun for him and his wife and "what few friends he has left". They started dissappearing when he would snag them to help with his projects. LOL.

I remember you posting pictures a long time ago on AWGS but have you given us any lately? There are a lot of people here who would love to see them. They will be in awe when they learn what you have done with your land.

I thought you had a website link but didn't see it this time.

Do you mind if I copied the picture that shows the towels? I would like to put it in my collection of my projects. Also I would like to show it to my friends on JBs if you don't mind. If you do, I'll understand. I bet your friends were surprised to see the towels coming from a total stranger in the US.

Offline whis4ey

• Members
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 10, 2007, 08:46:47 AM »
Esther ...  I have added the url to my garden to my signature
Wonderwoman posed especially for you with the towels before the guests arrived, so please feel free to use the pic :)
I had also made some drinks mats with 'Welcome to McCoubreys' and added special transfers to the drinks glasses which showed a little drunk/sleeping Leprachaun and the words 'I was drinking at McCoubrey's'
The whole lot went down well .  Everyone was especially thrilled by your bar towels ...  great talking point :)

Offline MikeW

• Trade Count: (1)
  • Members
  • With us since: 09/08/2006
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 10, 2007, 09:27:59 AM »
Gosh, am I suddenly ever so thirsty - and have this wanderlust to visit Northern Ireland.
Wonder what could have brought this on?

I just love a developed garden!

Cheers,

Mike

Los Angeles California Zone 10

Anytime I see something screech across a room and latch onto someone's neck, and the guy screams and tries to get it off, I have to laugh, because what is that thing?

Offline miguynmkoi

• Trade Count: (14)
  • Members
  • Smile!
  • With us since: 23/08/2006
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 10, 2007, 11:13:40 AM »
That is one fabulous hang out!  Looks like a great deal for your friends! ;D  You did a great job for sure!

Offline Sandye

• Members
  • With us since: 17/03/2007
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 10, 2007, 11:00:52 PM »
Sam, I love your Pub!!!  @O@

It makes me wish I could visit Northern Ireland, too.   8)

P.S.  Please translate "craic."

Offline whis4ey

• Members
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 11, 2007, 01:52:03 AM »
'craic' (Gaelic) or 'crack' (English) simply means good fun ... a night of humour music good friends good food and good drink :)

Sitemap 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 
All photo's & content within copyright © 2006-2017 WorldWide WaterGardeners and it's membership "All Rights Reserved"