Author Topic: This makes me so mad  (Read 2332 times)

Offline Ky Kim

• Trade Count: (16)
  • Members
  • location: Louisville, Ky.....6 A/B ish, depends on which way the wind blows I think.
  • Kimberly
  • With us since: 10/08/2006
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
    • View Profile
This makes me so mad
« on: August 06, 2007, 10:28:32 AM »
You have probably read my post about how hot and humid it is here in KY.  Friday while working at Bingo, this was about 7 pm.  Still very hot, humid and very sunny and right next to a Highway, had the heat off that as well.  Temps then were still like 94 with a heat index of 100 at least.

A customer told me someone had left their dog out in a car.  I said WHAT!, so I went and told security.  He ran the plates and called the people up front and  he told them they had 1 hour to take the dog home.  I was thinking 1 hour to take the dog home, the dog could be dead by then.  NO, NO, NO, that just didn't do in my books.  He made them roll down the windows a little more.  They only had 1 of them down about a half inch, and had a cup of water sitting in the console.  I couldn't get to a phone, and didn't want the bingo hall to know that I was behind calling animal services.  So I went back to the customers that had noticed it, they were still irate too.  They asked me if they had a phone book, I wasn't sure if they do or not, but I said if your wanting the pound number its 363-6609.  They looked at me like, how did you know that.  So, I told them I had to call it once and I just memorize numbers very easy they laughed.  Well, they called from their cell phone.  Animal Services came, they customer took charge and went outside when she saw them.  Pointed out the car, they came inside called the owner up.  Gave them a FINE, and made one of them take the dog home.  I heard them saying they would like to know who turned them it, they would knock them out.  I didn't say a word, so I couldn't cause any problems working there. 

But in many ways, since I knew the number I had a big part of it.   How stupid they were to leave their dog in the car anyway.  If the customers wouldn't have called, I would have snuck my cell phone somehow, into the restroom and called myself.  I would have like to had the customer sit in the car until Animal Services arrived and see how he liked sitting in a steaming hot car with no air.

It was a team effort that paid off.

Don't get me wrong, I wouldn't care if they knew it was me calling or not.  Its just that bunch I workED for on Friday nights are so odd and weird.  Sometimes when people are close they will say, here put your finger on this number for luck, or rub your money across the card.  We were told we couldn't do that anymore.  It took too much time from us selling tabs.  Geeez, you have got to be friendly with the people.

It was my last Friday anyhow, I start on Monday nights, tonight!  Very happy to do that.  Well, I'll get off my soap box now.

Kim
« Last Edit: August 06, 2007, 01:05:40 PM by Ky Kim »

Ponds are like patato chips, ya just can't have one.

Offline MikeW

• Trade Count: (1)
  • Members
  • With us since: 09/08/2006
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
    • View Profile
Re: This makes me so mad
« Reply #1 on: August 06, 2007, 11:21:29 AM »
Atta girl Kim.

The more I get to know people, the more I prefer dogs.

Cheers,

Mike

Los Angeles California Zone 10

Anytime I see something screech across a room and latch onto someone's neck, and the guy screams and tries to get it off, I have to laugh, because what is that thing?

Offline Sandye

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Members
  • With us since: 17/03/2007
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 06, 2007, 11:43:06 AM »
You did good, Kim!   O0

That dog would have probably been dead if they had waited another hour.   :'(

Offline Esther

• Trade Count: (9)
  • Members
  • With us since: 05/01/2006
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 06, 2007, 12:45:49 PM »
Good job Kim. I wouldn't have wanted them to know I had called either. You never know what they would do if they are stupid enough to leave the dog in the car like that.

Offline Ky Kim

• Members
  • location: Louisville, Ky.....6 A/B ish, depends on which way the wind blows I think.
  • Kimberly
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 06, 2007, 01:01:45 PM »
You've got that right Esther!

They're not the brightest crayon in the box.

Kim

Offline livetogarden

• Trade Count: (14)
  • Members
  • With us since: 11/08/2006
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 06, 2007, 03:43:22 PM »
Good job, Kim. I love pets and would never endanger mine. I always wonder why anyone would take one with if they're going someplace where they'll (person) will be out of the car for ANY length of time. If you're going through a drive-through or something like that I understand letting it ride along, but any time you'll be getting out of the car should send you a clue that this isn't the time for your pet to tag along.
zone 5b

Offline miguynmkoi

• Trade Count: (14)
  • Members
  • Smile!
  • With us since: 23/08/2006
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 06, 2007, 04:26:29 PM »
You did Right Kim for such an ugly situation.   ;)

Offline Desertponder

• Trade Count: (12)
  • Members
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 06, 2007, 04:58:45 PM »
You go girl!! O0
People who leave their dogs in hot cars really tick me off in a big way. I would have no problem with someone knowing that I had turned them in. >:(
Animal control here jumps all over these situations in a hurry.
A few weeks ago there was an incident here where someone left their dog in the car at the mall. Mall security happened to notice and called animal control. People are just incredibly stupid sometimes.
Did you hear on the news last week about the incident where someone left a dog in a parked car and people reported it and couldn't get animal control to do anything?? Someone finally broke the window of the car out to get the dog but it was too late. The dog died. Very sad. :( Made me sick to think of how the dog suffered. >:(
Shanna
A true-blue kiddie pool, whiskey barrel & stock tank  ponder! :yes:
If it can hold water.....it's a watergarden!

Offline milliemax

• Members
  • With us since: 02/09/2006
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 06, 2007, 06:19:07 PM »
  I got the closest ever to calling the cops last summer when this poor pup had a bloody nose from trying to get to fresh air!
  I had the phone out and was scrolling down to the police # when the people showed up!
  They got pissed at ME for giving them a hard time! I jumped in my car, rolled up the windows and locked the doors! I also held up my cell phone, indicating I still had the PD ready to dial! Whew!
  I have written a letter to the editor stating that I WILL call the police if I see an animal in distress in a car in temps above 75*. And I WILL call!
  Nancy
Nancy-going crazy! Want to come?
USDA zone 8, No CA

Offline Ruthie

• Trade Count: (8)
  • Members
  • Monique
  • With us since: 08/07/2007
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: August 06, 2007, 07:39:30 PM »
You did the right thing.  The dog would have been dead.  I worked in animal control for several years and it is one of those things that really makes me furious.  Leave the dog home. 

My children and I were leaving Wal-Mart not long ago and heard yelping from a black SUV parked near us.  I peeked in the windows and there was a puppy collapsed on the floor of the vehicle.  We called the police.  The puppy survived, but I didn't hang around to see if they were fined or charged or anything.  I really didn't care if they were angry at me or not though.  Leaving a dog in a vehicle in this heat is criminal...it's not like it is just me who says so, it's the law.

Offline Pa Nancy

• Members
  • With us since: 13/08/2006
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: August 06, 2007, 08:23:22 PM »
I"m with Mike.

Some people are so STUPID they shouldn't have dogs let alone kids. I don't know WHY some people think they are being good to their pet to do that?  >:(-  >:(-   Glad you were there for him Kim. YAY for you!!!!  @O@

Offline karen J

• Trade Count: (7)
  • Members
    • View Profile
    • Karen's Frog Pond
« Reply #11 on: August 06, 2007, 09:29:14 PM »
Leaving a dog in a vehicle in this heat is criminal...it's not like it is just me who says so, it's the law

True. Honestly, if I ever saw an animal in distress like that, because of the carelessness and neglect of the owner, I'd feel like busting the window and rescuing the animal myself. Yup, theft. Cuz those nonhuman owners DO get their animals back after they pay their little fine. Shame. Shame on me for thinking that way... but what in the world are those "people" thinking? They aren't.
Karen
Northern Illinois, zone 5

http://www.pbase.com/karenfrogpond

Offline LeeAnne151

• Trade Count: (24)
  • Members
    • View Profile
    • My Photo Galleries
« Reply #12 on: August 07, 2007, 08:53:30 AM »
It is bad enough that people leave their dogs in the car to die in summer heat but children die in cars every single year in Las Vegas, Phoenix and other really hot places. People are so stupid.

It isn't just heat that is a problem for those who take their dogs everywhere, when I worked at grocery stores there were tons of loose dogs every year. They jump out and don't always stay by the car. They can wiggle out of windows that are down too far. They get hurt if they are tied and they try to jump out of pick ups too.
~LeeAnne~

“Women and cats will do as they please, and men and dogs should relax and get used to the idea.”

Robert A. Heinlein

Portland, Oregon. USDA Zone 8~Sunset Zone 6

Offline Ky Kim

• Members
  • Kimberly
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: August 07, 2007, 04:36:48 PM »
I have worked two more days there since this happened, and I haven't seen those customers in there since.   :teehee:.  I still feel good about the results. 

When  people leave babies in there car seats and say they forgot they were there.  Duh, do you remember giving birth....that is such a lame excuse. 

I think if America punished people for their actions it wouldn't be as bad as it is, and getting worse everyday.  But no, criminal rights....that's BS. 

Just like my nephew and his girlfriend.  One of them abused that baby.  All the fractors happened at different times and the worse when he was 4 weeks old.  How, Why I just don't understand and probably never will.  My sister still has custody of him, and its still in courts.  At the start they blamed it on the car wreck.  Then more and more came out, its embarassing to admit that someone in my family is a child abuser.  I know I didn't do it, and would take that baby and raise him as my own.  I can't even look at either one of them.  I just refer to my nephew as a low life, non-working thug, oh btw he has one 2 weeks older than this one.  He wasn't raised like this at all.  His girlfriend has gotten away with so much.  Like killing their dog, there is no proof and she got away with that too.  I keep saying I need to write a book about it, sounds like a live lifetime movie.  The title would be the boyfriend of the devils daughter .  I haven't said much about this since it happened last OCT, guess because I was afraid of being judged. 

Kim

Offline Sandye

• Members
  • With us since: 17/03/2007
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: August 07, 2007, 09:35:30 PM »
Kim, we wouldn't judge you for something your nephew and his girlfriend did.  :(   It's not like you can control their lives 24/7. I'm glad your sister has custody of the poor baby, now.  I pray that she gets to keep it. 

Offline Jonna

• Trade Count: (2)
  • Members
  • With us since: 03/09/2006
    • View Profile
    • Blah... blah... blah... Ginger!
« Reply #15 on: August 07, 2007, 11:42:30 PM »
Kym, you are not responsible for your nephew. I know you know that but anyone that would judge someone for the deeds of a relative are just beyond stupid.  Even cops, everyone knows someone who is on the wrong side of the law and many have relatives who are there.  I have a niece who spent years as a crack monster.  She's clean now, which is good since she has a kid, but for many, many years the only way her dad knew she was alive was when I would get a call from the narcs or vice saying they had picked her up.  I was by no means the only cop who had a relative just like her.  In fact, cops are pretty understanding about problem family.  They know that it can happen to anyone and that we are not tainted by the people we happen to be related to, we are tainted by how we deal with them but that's another issue.

There is a saying in police work, "bad things happen to good people", and bad people are related to good people too. 

Offline happyoutsidegirl

• Trade Count: (3)
  • Members
  • Be An Organ Doner
  • With us since: 23/01/2007
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: August 08, 2007, 09:14:22 AM »
Kym, we realy arent here to judge anyone. I think you made good choises. To make you feel better I'll tell ya about my Dh's cousion. He is in jail for muder.  :redface:They even did a real documentery of this and then a movie and the main star won an award for it. It's called Boys don't cry, and it's about a girl trying so hard to be a boy. It's a fairly good movie but Tommy the real killer, is related. I never used to tell people this, as We were to imbarrased, but ya know ! it wasent us. So ya gotta feel better now!!!!!
I'm just happier outside!
 Debbie
SunnyEastern Wa.
zone 5-6

Offline Ky Kim

• Members
  • Kimberly
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: August 08, 2007, 01:10:24 PM »
Just got home from going and seeing him.  He's such a good baby.  Just smiles and giggles about the smallest things. 

From what all happened to him, He had 4 skull fractures, (spelling) subduermel hematoma's, fractured tibia and femur, coded at the hospital.  All of which had occured at different times.  Some of the fractures were healed more than the others.  But he's doing really, really well.

When my sister took him back for his last eye appointment, the doc said he was very fortunate to have vision in his one eye.  My sister said why, he said with all the blood and the injuries.  The doc's have all said there will be brain damage, but won't be able to tell until he gets older.  Right now he seems to be pretty much on target.  He did just start crawling, he army crawls.  Like a soldier staying low to the ground.  He pushes off with one leg and the other kind of just comes along.  But, then if you hold his hands he walks everywhere.  They said that the good side of the brain will compensate for the injured side in time. 

The couple says they aren't together anymore, its just a decoy for the social workers.  My sister never cut off his cell phone and has the bills from where calls were received from her, as well has calls he made to her.  His MySpace.com....ooooh, its horrible.  I can't even repeat what I read on there.  They also printed that out and gave it to the social worker and lawyers.  He point blank calls his a:  Gnarly little m*********, and said he's so cool.  Who could call their child that?  They also had Jaden's court papers sealed.  His mother works at a lawyers office and was getting into them. 

The Grandfather on the Mothers side of the baby has also been in prison for murder.  Her uncle for slicing someone one with a box cutter over a pack of smokes.  My nephew somehow drifted into the wrong type of people I guess. 

They said she's been wearing the same clothes that she was wearing when she was pregnant with Jaden.  My nephew told his mom that she's just fat, then he said what would they do if she was.  The social worker already told my sister that they would take that baby too.  So, I may end up with a baby before its all said and done.  I pray that she isn't.

My sister is so wore out.  She's broke out everywhere, they said it is from stress and nerves.  She works at a doc's office, so they're treating her.  I can't put myself in her place but I can only imagine how torn she is.  After all it is her son, it really is a sad situation.  Right now he has no job, (that's his own fault) no GED (again, he's 20 he could get that) no place to live, except his car.  They pretend their not together, just another scheme.  The baby's mother has already been caught changing her story.

They had them both sign a paper that it could have been one or both that hurt him.  But neither one knew who did it.  It was either that or they would have gone to jury trial.  I would love to see them take off which ever one is guilty in an orange jumpsuit.  The baby's mother has tried to turn it around to make the grandparents sound guilty.  The grandparents had to go give a depisition a few weeks ago, and the baby's mom said some things out of context.  Her lawyer had his arms folded and patting his elbows like saying Shut-up.  Maybe she will end up commenting perjury, and they'll at least get her for that.

Sooner or later she's going to do something and she won't get away with it.  I hope which ever one hurt him pays dearly.

Kim
« Last Edit: August 08, 2007, 01:20:33 PM by Ky Kim »

Offline Brian

• Trade Count: (2)
  • Members
  • With us since: 17/08/2006
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: August 10, 2007, 02:33:12 PM »
My brother used to live in a rural town, and the owners down the street had a young Rottweiler dog chained outside, with no water, no shade etc.  My brother saw this happening day after day.  He finally snuck over there one night and stole the dog and gave it to some friends he knew would take good care of the dog.
Greenwood, Indiana Zone 5-6
"umop ap!sdn w,I aw dlaH"

American Ponders Watergardening
American Ponders Pond and Koi Forum

Offline Ky Kim

• Members
  • Kimberly
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: August 10, 2007, 10:06:37 PM »
Tee hee, bet the dog was better off.

Kim

Sitemap 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 
All photo's & content within copyright © 2006-2017 WorldWide WaterGardeners and it's membership "All Rights Reserved"