Author Topic: My rescue kitties  (Read 2245 times)

Offline louis

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Members
  • With us since: 10/08/2006
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
    • View Profile
    • Lou's Views
My rescue kitties
« on: August 13, 2007, 06:09:02 PM »
Hi everyone,

i lost two of my old cats within a year of each other and found my Himalayan last year and the orange and white persian just about 3 weeks ago.

i rescued "Leo" the larger cat from a rescue clinic in springfield, mass and found "Sam" the smaller persian at a cattery in eastern massachusetts. i am not sure what she was going to do with him. but they are mine now and spoiled rotten, how rotten, i have a medical insurance policy on each of them as i did with my previous cats. when i first brought the smaller persian into the house, he fought with the bigger guy for a long time. i had to keep them separated. now the big guy wants to eat the smaller one. i keep peace with a water gun :)

lou

Offline Kittyzee

• Members
  • With us since: 09/08/2006
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
    • View Profile
Re: My rescue kitties
« Reply #1 on: August 13, 2007, 06:25:56 PM »
OMG, how darling are they!!!!!  Being both boys, I imagine they are vying for territory, I've even had females do that.  They are precious, enjoy yourself spoiling them to pieces! :D
LuAnn

There are things you do because they feel right & they may make no sense & they may make no money & it may be the real reason we are here:  to love each other & to eat each other's cooking & say it was good.  ~  Brian Andreas 

American Ponders Watergardening
American Ponders Pond and Koi Forum

Offline Marie Fisher

• Trade Count: (10)
  • Members
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 13, 2007, 07:02:33 PM »
Lou, somehow I can see you with water pistol.  You tell them be good children, you'll
be sorry, they ignore you, and you shoot them.  Lovely kitties.   Marie

Offline louis

• Members
    • View Profile
    • Lou's Views
« Reply #3 on: August 13, 2007, 07:37:30 PM »
OMG, how darling are they!!!!!  Being both boys, I imagine they are vying for territory, I've even had females do that.  They are precious, enjoy yourself spoiling them to pieces! :D

hi luann, yes they both want to lay claim to the house. but they have to realize that I am the aplha kitty  {:-P;;

lou

Offline louis

• Members
    • View Profile
    • Lou's Views
« Reply #4 on: August 13, 2007, 07:38:44 PM »
Lou, somehow I can see you with water pistol.  You tell them be good children, you'll
be sorry, they ignore you, and you shoot them.  Lovely kitties.   Marie

hi marie, i am da bossman, so i think  ::)

how was your summer?

lou

Offline Esther

• Trade Count: (9)
  • Members
  • With us since: 05/01/2006
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 13, 2007, 07:40:45 PM »
You are one smart guy. I was neglectful in teaching my poodle that we are the top dogs and now are paying for it. So I recently put squirt bottles around the house and when he ignores us, I "SSSSST" real loud as I squirt him. We started this about a week ago and already the "SSSST" is usually enough.

Those kitties are real special people. I mean cats. You'd think I was thinking like a cat, huh?

Offline Sandye

• Members
  • With us since: 17/03/2007
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 13, 2007, 09:26:15 PM »
They're both beautiful, Louis!   o(:-)  Of course I'm partial to the Himalayan because I have a blue point Siamese and have had several Siamese in the past.

That's funny (and probably quite effective) that you are teaching them their manners with a squirt gun.   ;D

Offline louis

• Members
    • View Profile
    • Lou's Views
« Reply #7 on: August 14, 2007, 05:14:52 AM »
They're both beautiful, Louis!   o(:-)  Of course I'm partial to the Himalayan because I have a blue point Siamese and have had several Siamese in the past.

That's funny (and probably quite effective) that you are teaching them their manners with a squirt gun.   ;D

hi sandye, the himalayan, as you know, is a cross between a persian and a Siamese. they now have been classified as a persian. its strange, both persians and Siamese are small cats, but put them together and you get a larger cat. my leo is huge, big boned and putting on weight. he is on steroids because of asthma and i assume the weight gain is from that.

he will be off the meds as soon as it gets cool

lou

Offline Cindi

• Members
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 14, 2007, 07:00:37 AM »
They are absolutely gorgeous!!  I'm so jealous!!   o(:-)   o(:-)   o(:-)
Cindi
Cedar Springs, MI , Zone 5

Offline Pa Nancy

• Members
  • With us since: 13/08/2006
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: August 14, 2007, 09:24:40 AM »
What a beautiful shot Lou. How did you get them to sit still like that? LOL That Persian looks like he has some "attitude"   lol

Offline Desertponder

• Trade Count: (12)
  • Members
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: August 14, 2007, 12:56:07 PM »
OMG!! They are beautiful!! I love the Himalayan. o(:-) His face is really something. :)
Shanna
A true-blue kiddie pool, whiskey barrel & stock tank  ponder! :yes:
If it can hold water.....it's a watergarden!

Offline Kittyzee

• Members
  • With us since: 09/08/2006
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: August 14, 2007, 06:34:00 PM »
 :teehee:  Louis, as I look at the pics of the boys, and their ornery faces, I almost have to feel sorry for you--they've only let you believe you're the alpha male.... lol    No seriously, the squirt bottle works, I've used it for years on my misbehavin' kitties, but you have to have one that shoots a straight stream and not just a mist (which I did at first cuz I used a plant mister  ::) )  They just HATE that burst of cold water!  :P
LuAnn

There are things you do because they feel right & they may make no sense & they may make no money & it may be the real reason we are here:  to love each other & to eat each other's cooking & say it was good.  ~  Brian Andreas 

American Ponders Watergardening
American Ponders Pond and Koi Forum

Offline louis

• Members
    • View Profile
    • Lou's Views
« Reply #12 on: August 14, 2007, 07:35:20 PM »
:teehee:  Louis, as I look at the pics of the boys, and their ornery faces, I almost have to feel sorry for you--they've only let you believe you're the alpha male.... lol    No seriously, the squirt bottle works, I've used it for years on my misbehavin' kitties, but you have to have one that shoots a straight stream and not just a mist (which I did at first cuz I used a plant mister  ::) )  They just HATE that burst of cold water!  :P

hi luann,
i have a good water bottle, i can hit either one from 20 feet. they go nuts, they have no idea where it came from.

lou

Offline louis

• Members
    • View Profile
    • Lou's Views
« Reply #13 on: August 14, 2007, 07:35:53 PM »
OMG!! They are beautiful!! I love the Himalayan. o(:-) His face is really something. :)

thanks shanna

lou

Offline louis

• Members
    • View Profile
    • Lou's Views
« Reply #14 on: August 14, 2007, 07:36:48 PM »
What a beautiful shot Lou. How did you get them to sit still like that? LOL That Persian looks like he has some "attitude"   lol

hi nancy,

i keep a camera at the ready and i had only a few seconds to catch them before they jumped off.

lou

Offline louis

• Members
    • View Profile
    • Lou's Views
« Reply #15 on: August 14, 2007, 07:38:01 PM »

hi cindi, its amazing how many really nice animals are at the shelters. both of these guys came to me when i visited the shelters.

lou

Offline Sandye

• Members
  • With us since: 17/03/2007
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: August 14, 2007, 10:03:45 PM »

hi cindi, its amazing how many really nice animals are at the shelters. both of these guys came to me when i visited the shelters.

lou

I think that's amazing, too!  I can't imagine why anyone would abandon a Himalayan or a Persian.  Although, we did have to give away a Persian that went psycho on us.  After we had him neutered and declawed at the same time, he wouldn't use a litter box at all.  Believe me, I tried everything in the world to get him to use it again (shredded paper, different litter, etc.).   He was mad at us and wouldn't go to the bathroom anywhere but on the floor...sometimes just inches from the litter box.  I finally gave up and gave him to a little old lady who could sit around and pet him all day and he behaved for her.  (It was when we were both still working and couldn't be with him all day.)   It was a shame we had to give him away...he was a beautiful silver Persian.  :(

I didn't know Siamese were considered a small cat.   My Mr. Blue weighs 13 lb. and I think he is a large cat.  He's not overweight at all.  He can stand on the floor and stretch up to reach the top of my bathroom cabinet.   :o 

Offline Cindi

• Members
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: August 15, 2007, 05:12:33 AM »

lou

I'm a fellow rescuer Lou.  Two of my three dogs as well as my kitty all came from the Humane Society.  I kinda consider my 3rd dog a rescue too because she pretty much came from a back yard breeder of sorts.  Right now I have my sites set on getting a Maine Coon and I'm regularly checking sites to find just the right one for me.   
Cindi
Cedar Springs, MI , Zone 5

Offline barb

• Trade Count: (1)
  • Members
  • Connecticut
  • With us since: 11/08/2006
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: August 15, 2007, 05:13:40 AM »
They are beautiful!!   o(:-)

One of our cats never minded the water bottle at all.  That's why he is an outdoor cat, he'd howl to go out, we'd squirt him, and he'd just blink and flinch, then howl again.   I could douse him in a bucket of water and it wouldn't faze that one.  ::)

A few of our cats are rescues too, two of them I found starving at only 3-4 weeks old.

Sitemap 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 
All photo's & content within copyright © 2006-2017 WorldWide WaterGardeners and it's membership "All Rights Reserved"