Author Topic: New waterfall on not so new pond  (Read 1192 times)

Offline Holldoll

• Trade Count: (8)
  • Members
  • With us since: 11/09/2006
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
    • View Profile
New waterfall on not so new pond
« on: August 21, 2007, 08:22:13 AM »
So my husband and I spent the last two weekends getting the waterfall put together.  It took us two weekends because this was our first skippy/waterfall we've ever attempted and also he is a perfection and we had it all together and he didn't like it so we had to take it all down and dig it up and redo it all (I let him do the taking apart, I wasn't happy about it!).  Anyway, it's done.  I think we decided we are going to turn off the top waterfall completely and he might make it into a planter box for me. 

I'm going to put a planter box on the rocks along the retaining wall as well because it's MUCH too stark!  Any suggestions?  I would like something that can trail over, but also grow up the wall. I don't know if the box will be big enough for both though the rocks only stick out about 12".

Any suggestions on making it better would be GREATLY appreciated!

The first one is before.

Offline Ky Kim

• Trade Count: (16)
  • Members
  • location: Louisville, Ky.....6 A/B ish, depends on which way the wind blows I think.
  • Kimberly
  • With us since: 10/08/2006
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
    • View Profile
Re: New waterfall on not so new pond
« Reply #1 on: August 24, 2007, 11:06:51 AM »
Looks good, I like it.  I bet the old way with that wall staying wet, it would have turned green and slimy.  I would have had to change that too.  Is the spill was sturdy enough for a cascading planter.

Kim

Ponds are like patato chips, ya just can't have one.

Offline Holldoll

• Trade Count: (8)
  • Members
  • With us since: 11/09/2006
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 24, 2007, 02:33:52 PM »
Thanks. I'm really anxious to get some plants planted around it so it doesn't look so desolate.  I don't like it a whole lot right now, but I think once it's planted it will look a lot better. I ordered a bunch from Lawanna so in the next week it should look like it has life!

I think that the spill will be strong enough, it's cemented into the wall.  It definitely would have gotten green, it's been shut off for almost two weeks and the wall is still wet!

Offline Ky Kim

• Trade Count: (16)
  • Members
  • location: Louisville, Ky.....6 A/B ish, depends on which way the wind blows I think.
  • Kimberly
  • With us since: 10/08/2006
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 25, 2007, 10:51:18 AM »
I've got a bunch of tropicals coming from Lawanna. She has excellent plants.

Kim

Ponds are like patato chips, ya just can't have one.

Sitemap 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 
All photo's & content within copyright © 2006-2017 WorldWide WaterGardeners and it's membership "All Rights Reserved"