Author Topic: Need a skimmer design  (Read 774 times)

Offline El Jefe

• Trade Count: (1)
  • Members
  • Senior Chief USN Ret
  • With us since: 09/11/2006
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
    • View Profile
Need a skimmer design
« on: September 28, 2007, 07:21:10 AM »
Remember my pond is clay bottom and alot of water to move anyone come up with an innovative idea and care to share??
… The soul is dyed the color of it’s thoughts. Think only on those things that are in line with your principles and can bear the light of day. The content of your character is your choice, Day by day, what you choose, what you think and what you do is WHO you become. Your integrity is your destiny, it is the light that guides your way……

Offline Johns

• Trade Count: (11)
  • Members
  • With us since: 10/08/2006
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
    • View Profile
    • Garden Endeavors
Re: Need a skimmer design
« Reply #1 on: September 28, 2007, 09:48:37 AM »
Greg Bickal charges $10 for his CD on pond stuff, which includes instructions on a DIY skimmer (Much cheaper than anything you have seen so far).

I reccomend it

See http://bickal.home.mchsi.com/diycd.htm

Offline El Jefe

• Trade Count: (1)
  • Members
  • Senior Chief USN Ret
  • With us since: 09/11/2006
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 28, 2007, 12:38:18 PM »
Well now that is interesting, I just ordered it, we will see what he has up his sleeve  O0 Thanks Johns!!
… The soul is dyed the color of it’s thoughts. Think only on those things that are in line with your principles and can bear the light of day. The content of your character is your choice, Day by day, what you choose, what you think and what you do is WHO you become. Your integrity is your destiny, it is the light that guides your way……

Offline Esther

• Trade Count: (9)
  • Members
  • With us since: 05/01/2006
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 28, 2007, 05:26:08 PM »
Yup, Greg has some cool DIY.

Here's mine. DH is a plumber and I was with him at the supply house a while back. I asked them for a fiberglass laundry tub that had a crack or leaked. They gave me one. And here's what I did with it.    I have since removed the little skimmer basket and installed Black Knight brushes instead. I like them much better.

Here's my first one   
« Last Edit: September 28, 2007, 05:37:58 PM by Esther »

Sitemap 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 
All photo's & content within copyright © 2006-2017 WorldWide WaterGardeners and it's membership "All Rights Reserved"