Author Topic: Happy Halloween/Live Ghost Hunt/I live very close to it  (Read 1198 times)

Offline Ky Kim

• Trade Count: (16)
  • Members
  • location: Louisville, Ky.....6 A/B ish, depends on which way the wind blows I think.
  • Kimberly
  • With us since: 10/08/2006
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
    • View Profile
Happy Halloween/Live Ghost Hunt/I live very close to it
« on: October 31, 2007, 08:02:24 PM »
Waverly Hills Sanatorium, it really has alot of history.  Check out the 2nd link to this OLD place.

I grew up with in a mile of this place.  They say its the scariest place on earth.  They make it a haunted house on the first floor for Halloween.  But during the warmer months they give tours for 2 hour tour is 20.00 a person, 50.00 a person for 4 hours, over night stays are 100.00.  Some day I will make it up there. 

Years ago it use to be a TB hospital, where many people died each day.  They had a body chute where they sent the dead bodies down, at least 60 a day.  That's what they said on TV, but I don't see that in the article yet.  I haven't read it all thought.  This sent them straight down to the insinerator.  Then lead out to the railroad tracks. 

There has been many stories told, that there are ghost.  One floor a nurse hung herself, and a little girl image that sits in a window. 

These people are doing a ghost hunt tonight from 9pm till 3am.  I don't believe in all that stuff, but thought its still interesting.  There are two links below, the first one is what they're doing on Halloween, the second is the History of the Place.  That's what you might find interesting.

http://www.scifi.com/ghosthunters/

http://www.whshistory.com/

Kim
« Last Edit: October 31, 2007, 09:16:29 PM by Ky Kim »

Ponds are like patato chips, ya just can't have one.

Offline Indiana Karen

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Members
  • With us since: 09/08/2006
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
    • View Profile
Re: Happy Halloween/Live Ghost Hunt/I live very close to it
« Reply #1 on: November 01, 2007, 05:55:45 AM »
Very interesting history of the Place.  It definately would make the ultimate Haunted House. 

Offline Bonnie

• Trade Count: (43)
  • Members
  • With us since: 09/08/2006
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 01, 2007, 07:40:06 AM »
I watched about 5 minutes of that last night on TV.

I have mixed feelings about Spirits but want to keep it that way, never want to find out for sure if they exist! {:-P;;

Offline Cindi

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Members
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 02, 2007, 07:21:06 AM »
I love TAPS, but unfortunately I didn't stay up to watch the live show.  I don't so much believe in ghosts, but I still like watching the stuff. 
Cindi
Cedar Springs, MI , Zone 5

Offline barb

• Trade Count: (1)
  • Members
  • Connecticut
  • With us since: 11/08/2006
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 02, 2007, 09:52:00 AM »
I find those kinds of stories really interesting.

I live in the same town as Lorraine Warren, one of the investigators of the Amityville haunting, among many others.  Her husband died a few years ago.  Anyway, she gives talks around here every year, and has a museum at her home, one of these days I want to check it out.  I'm a sucker for ghost stories.

Offline Ky Kim

• Trade Count: (16)
  • Members
  • location: Louisville, Ky.....6 A/B ish, depends on which way the wind blows I think.
  • Kimberly
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 02, 2007, 01:30:24 PM »
I ended up watching it until 3am.  Yup, all of it.  This week they suppose to talk about what they found, and what viewers saw.  Personally I didn't see a thing...lol, but curious to what they will say about it.  My son wants to go there so bad, maybe when the warmer months come I might.  But that place doesn't have any windows in the part that has not been redone, it would be very cold, but that could add to the mystery of it.

Kim

Ponds are like patato chips, ya just can't have one.

Offline Vickie

• Trade Count: (8)
  • Members
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 04, 2007, 06:29:24 AM »
I watched part of it. But no way would I go there, not with my luck. LOL

Sitemap 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 
All photo's & content within copyright © 2006-2017 WorldWide WaterGardeners and it's membership "All Rights Reserved"