Author Topic: Lowes huge plant sale starting in most areas......  (Read 766 times)

Offline tinkster

• Trade Count: (46)
  • Members
  • With us since: 09/08/2006
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
    • View Profile
Lowes huge plant sale starting in most areas......
« on: November 05, 2007, 05:21:09 AM »
One of my lowes is down to 75% off all remaining plants and they will bargain even more.  Last year I got huge 5 gallon shrubs, trees etc for .25.  Find ya a store with lots of stock left and keep an eye out.

tinkster

Offline bunny56lbc

• Trade Count: (38)
  • Members
  • With us since: 06/09/2006
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
    • View Profile
Re: Lowes huge plant sale starting in most areas......
« Reply #1 on: November 05, 2007, 10:30:02 AM »
OH dang ! I was just over at Lowe's yesterday . In the lumber dept. I never even thought about looking
at their plants . :(

bonnie

Offline Bonnie

• Trade Count: (43)
  • Members
  • With us since: 09/08/2006
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 05, 2007, 11:29:25 AM »
25 cents Tink!  Never ran into anything like that when it comes to shrubs and trees! WOW

Bonnie.. that is a sin to go to Lowes without peeking in the lawn & garden!

Over the weekend I just finished planting.
The week before  I borrowed my Dad's pickup truck and got a nice assortment of plants and trees!
Perennials were $2.00 for gallon size which were still nice looking plants so I went ahead and bought some.
The trees that I planted were:
 Magnolia 'Jane', Cherry Tree 'Kwanzan', Flowering Crabapple and Red flowering Dogwood which were all 1/2 off.

Oh and I FINALLY got me a Contorted Filbert/ Harry Lauder's Walking Stick,  a 4' one for $24.99!!
Walmart had these a few years ago for a similar price and they were gone when I went back! :(

Went this morning after seeing this post and they're down to the bare minimum but I did pick up a decent 3' Japanese Maple for only $27!  One side of it is alittle bare but it looks very healthy and for that price I will take a chance on it!

Offline bunny56lbc

• Trade Count: (38)
  • Members
  • With us since: 06/09/2006
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 11, 2007, 01:06:13 PM »
One of my lowes is down to 75% off all remaining plants and they will bargain even more.  Last year I got huge 5 gallon shrubs, trees etc for .25.  Find ya a store with lots of stock left and keep an eye out.

tinkster

Hey Tink , I went to town today & stopped at Lowe's . I did find a few sale's tho not as good as u found.
I got several nice small grasses for 1.25 ea....gal. container's. I think my friend called them " Monkey grasses " .

Everything else was only 50% off . Not much of a sale here.

bonnie

Sitemap 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 
All photo's & content within copyright © 2006-2017 WorldWide WaterGardeners and it's membership "All Rights Reserved"