Author Topic: Streaming Radio?  (Read 1103 times)

Offline MikeW

• Trade Count: (1)
  • Members
  • With us since: 09/08/2006
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
    • View Profile
Streaming Radio?
« on: October 21, 2006, 05:39:00 PM »
Does anybody else listen to the outside world through their computers? I'd love to say it was for a balanced view of world news (and of course, by the time you listen to four countries, you are forced to start thinking for yourself ), but, oops, selfishly, in my case, it is for the music.

I love college radio stations - the music is great, and they are all so uniformly irreverant - the luxury of not paying taxes yet - a recapture of one's youth maybe.

I am currently hooked on the University of Pretoria's "Tuksfm". My home town yes, but when I was there, UP was totally Afrikaans speaking and ultra conservative. This college radio station today is beyond Los Angeles in forward looking music, commercial free, and just plain fun. (OK it is still 25% in Dutch, which I was forced to learn - but Anglo listeners who enjoy rock 'n roll will still enjoy).

Or just the BBC World News? Canal Plus from Paris? Anybody?

Mike (Enquiring minds want to know)

Los Angeles California Zone 10

Anytime I see something screech across a room and latch onto someone's neck, and the guy screams and tries to get it off, I have to laugh, because what is that thing?

Offline Mikey

• Trade Count: (4)
  • Members
  • With us since: 05/01/2006
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
    • View Profile
Re: Streaming Radio?
« Reply #1 on: October 21, 2006, 09:23:09 PM »
I occassionally read on-line news from several other countries but as far as listening to streaming radio I only listen to local talk radio stations.  I have never tried locating streaming radio from other countries.
American Ponders Watergardening
American Ponders Pond and Koi Forum

-Mike- Husband of one, father of two, friend of many-

Cypress, CA Z-10b  NWF Certified Backyard Wildlife Habitat #24958

Offline nartas

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Members
  • With us since: 13/12/2022
    YearsYears
    • View Profile
Re: Streaming Radio?
« Reply #2 on: July 03, 2023, 09:02:11 PM »
Practice different strokes, such as forward, reverse, sweep, and draw, to navigate your kayak effectively. kayak light weight

Sitemap 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 
All photo's & content within copyright © 2006-2017 WorldWide WaterGardeners and it's membership "All Rights Reserved"