Author Topic: Is the water in your pond crystal-china clear?  (Read 1190 times)

Offline miguynmkoi

• Trade Count: (14)
  • Members
  • Smile!
  • With us since: 23/08/2006
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
    • View Profile
Is the water in your pond crystal-china clear?
« on: December 01, 2007, 11:36:20 PM »
My DH and I traveled to the southwest corner of China this past month (November) to the province of Yunnan.  Everything is so natural/basic.  Beautiful green scenery and snow/glacier-capped mountains (Jade Dragon Snow Mountain).  We encountered fingers of natural and lined streams of melt snow and glacier water, so clear it looked like crystal, running through many towns, villages, and irrigating fields. 

Breathe taking scenery accented by lots of ooohs and ahhhs from a wide and colorful palette tickling our eyes made us fall in love with the life-style the people have adapted for the past few centuries.

These pictures really do not show how crystal clear the water in the ponds and streams are in real life.  Many of the red goldfish in these ponds and streams are fish purchased by visitors, as an offering to make a wish to a water goddess, and then set free (only to be caught back later by entrepreneurs for more wishes -  ;)

Seeing these fish made me miss my brood at home  :'(   "If only I could have water half as clear in my pond" was the other thought!

Offline Jonna

• Trade Count: (2)
  • Members
  • With us since: 03/09/2006
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
    • View Profile
    • Blah... blah... blah... Ginger!
Re: Is the water in your pond crystal-china clear?
« Reply #1 on: December 01, 2007, 11:50:42 PM »
OMG! That is beautiful water.  Really nice pictures, it sounds lovely there.

Offline miguynmkoi

• Members
  • Smile!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 01, 2007, 11:51:52 PM »
Here is a shot of the breathe-taking Jade Dragon Snow Mountain just north of the city of Lijiang.  The Old Town is lined with streams, running through pedestrian alley ways and homes and shops, from the melting snow and glacier, north to south.  For directions to the head of town, should you get lost in the maze of alleys and buildings (and too much shopping  ;) ), is to walk up stream - against the flow, bingo.

Offline miguynmkoi

• Members
  • Smile!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 01, 2007, 11:54:35 PM »
Thanks Jonna!

In Hong Kong where my In-Laws live there is a restaurant nearby their home which serves very very delicious food.  They specialize in many seafoods and you can choose a delicacy yourself in the cleanest water tanks I've ever seen in a restaurant or most other shops or homes.  I have eaten at this place, breakfast, lunch and dinner, many many times over the past 10 years and the water always looks this great.  Yummmmmmeeeee!

It's guaranteed that I gain 10 pounds for every month I spend in Hong Kong.  To save ourselves we limit the time in HK to about a week per visit.  :P

Offline Mikey

• Trade Count: (4)
  • Members
  • With us since: 05/01/2006
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 02, 2007, 07:25:59 AM »
More!  More!

American Ponders Watergardening
American Ponders Pond and Koi Forum

-Mike- Husband of one, father of two, friend of many-

Cypress, CA Z-10b  NWF Certified Backyard Wildlife Habitat #24958

Offline mascot

• Trade Count: (3)
  • Members
  • With us since: 16/06/2007
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 02, 2007, 07:54:19 AM »
amazing pics!   It's nice to see that someone takes the time to keep them maintained.  I went to an amusement park this summer and they had a huge pond and it was nasty.  They had some huge koi and catfish, but if they were more than a half a foot down you couldn't see them.  Plus there was all kinds of trash in the water, too. 

great photos! O0
I'm broke and can't afford to pay attention, so you might have to lend me an ear.

Offline LeeAnne151

• Trade Count: (24)
  • Members
  • With us since: 09/08/2006
    • View Profile
    • My Photo Galleries
« Reply #6 on: December 17, 2007, 06:12:25 AM »
Great photos. I love to see travel photos because I know I'll never get to see all the places I want to see.

~LeeAnne~

“Women and cats will do as they please, and men and dogs should relax and get used to the idea.”

Robert A. Heinlein

Portland, Oregon. USDA Zone 8~Sunset Zone 6

Offline Indiana Karen

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Members
  • With us since: 09/08/2006
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 17, 2007, 01:51:51 PM »
You are so fortunate to get to travel to such an amazing place.  I can only sit at home and watch Survivor-China and dream. ::)
On a much smaller scale...........we often comment on how clean the aquariums are in the local Chinese restaurants.  Most are 55 gallons with very large fish and always sparkling clean!

Karen

Offline bunny56lbc

• Trade Count: (38)
  • Members
  • With us since: 06/09/2006
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: December 17, 2007, 07:25:02 PM »
Great photos ! They're all beautiful  O0 . Thank you for shareing them with us & tell us all about you're
travels .

bonnie

Sitemap 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 
All photo's & content within copyright © 2006-2017 WorldWide WaterGardeners and it's membership "All Rights Reserved"