Author Topic: need to pick your collective brains...  (Read 1355 times)

Offline El Jefe

• Trade Count: (1)
  • Members
  • Senior Chief USN Ret
  • With us since: 09/11/2006
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
    • View Profile
need to pick your collective brains...
« on: December 26, 2007, 11:08:07 AM »
I am looking at adding some tropical/ tropical night bloomers to my pond. some intense reds and as blue, or deep violet as I can get.  I have n. Midnight and Queen of Siam so a variety other than those. I am also looking to find some of the large victoria's (as well as growing info, such as growing depth, spread, invasiveness, conditions etc.)

Which variety is this? Victoria cruziana? where can you get these?

I also would like to identify this blue below the site ( http://www.answers.com/topic/water-lily-purple-1024x768-jpg) wasn't forthcoming on the name:

« Last Edit: December 26, 2007, 11:32:44 AM by El Jefe »
… The soul is dyed the color of it’s thoughts. Think only on those things that are in line with your principles and can bear the light of day. The content of your character is your choice, Day by day, what you choose, what you think and what you do is WHO you become. Your integrity is your destiny, it is the light that guides your way……

Offline miguynmkoi

• Trade Count: (14)
  • Members
  • Smile!
  • With us since: 23/08/2006
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
    • View Profile
Re: need to pick your collective brains...
« Reply #1 on: December 26, 2007, 11:47:31 AM »
Greetings Andy, long time no read  :D 

You may have check with http://www.victoria-adventure.org/waterlilies/names/names_main.html , it's what I use.  I'm collecting blues and whites mainly.  I got many beautiful trops from Kat and if they survive this winter and the thrashing it got with the recent winds we've had I will be a very happy ponder.

Offline Cypress Point Pond

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Members
  • With us since: 04/11/2007
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 26, 2007, 02:14:25 PM »
I am looking at adding some tropical/ tropical night bloomers to my pond. some intense reds and as blue, or deep violet as I can get.  I have n. Midnight and Queen of Siam so a variety other than those. I am also looking to find some of the large victoria's (as well as growing info, such as growing depth, spread, invasiveness, conditions etc.)

Which variety is this? Victoria cruziana? where can you get these?

This site may help you.

http://www.victoria-adventure.org/victoria/cruziana_gallery_main.html

Louis
Louisp

Offline El Jefe

• Members
  • Senior Chief USN Ret
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 26, 2007, 02:36:56 PM »
Hey Annette.... your right been doing more reading than posting....

Cypress point.... Trying to locate a source as well as the info. Thanks for the link!

I have been all around the internet today and yesterday and I am finding lots of info. Hoping to find some members here with some persoanl info. Sean and Timgod have always been a wealth of knowledge as well as Craig and others.When I find out what kind of lily the blue is I will look for a source for it, in the mean time I am lookiing to find a source for the following:

Nymphaea 'Blue Aster'

Nymphaea 'red flare'

Nymphaea 'Jennifer Rebecca'

Thanks Andy
« Last Edit: December 26, 2007, 02:42:21 PM by El Jefe »
… The soul is dyed the color of it’s thoughts. Think only on those things that are in line with your principles and can bear the light of day. The content of your character is your choice, Day by day, what you choose, what you think and what you do is WHO you become. Your integrity is your destiny, it is the light that guides your way……

Offline El Jefe

• Members
  • Senior Chief USN Ret
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 26, 2007, 08:42:51 PM »
In the way of an update I am told that the blue is quite possibly n. 'Tina' and while I was in search of yet other candidates I discovered that I would like to add these two to my collection:

Charlies Pride

Midnight Serenade

May have to make my pond bigger just to accomodate them all  ;D

Andy

Offline miguynmkoi

• Trade Count: (14)
  • Members
  • Smile!
  • With us since: 23/08/2006
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 26, 2007, 08:49:10 PM »
Sounds like you got "Bitten" by the Lily Monster!  ;D  Bigger pond?  What will you do with your lake?  lol

Offline enzo

• Trade Count: (33)
  • Members
  • Entrepreneur, marketer, and more...
  • With us since: 15/08/2006
    • View Profile
    • Lorenzo Orlando Caum
« Reply #6 on: December 27, 2007, 01:39:19 AM »
I'm not sure what blue water lily is. However, the closest thing to it would likely be N. 'Tina'. What do you think?

Broken links

Visit http://www.flickr.com/photos/utopiaaquatic to see photos.

Midnight Serenade is a double purple--although I don't have a good photo.

I've never been keen of night bloomers. I've had a few and they never bloomed.

« Last Edit: March 29, 2011, 09:57:03 PM by enzo »
--
Lorenzo
Buy tropical water lilies — Utopia Aquatic
An Enzo12 LLC venture

Offline El Jefe

• Members
  • Senior Chief USN Ret
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 27, 2007, 11:50:55 AM »
Thanks Enzo, that makes two of you that think it is  n.'tina' so I think that is likely. I am hoping to get all of those you mentioned (except the director moore which I like but will wait on) for this spring/early summer. High on the list are the midnight serenade and the charlies pride. doing alot of planning. Thanks fo rthe feedback.

By the way the Lily I bought from you this past summer is thriving, can't remember if it was the QoS or the n.'midnight' but both are doining Awesome!

Thanks Andy

Offline Vickie

• Trade Count: (8)
  • Members
  • With us since: 10/08/2006
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: December 28, 2007, 06:38:54 AM »
My thought was Tina also.

Offline froglover

• Members
  • With us since: 14/09/2007
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: December 29, 2007, 07:26:59 AM »
I purchased a Tina on e-bay late this summer and it is still blooming in California.

Sitemap 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 
All photo's & content within copyright © 2006-2017 WorldWide WaterGardeners and it's membership "All Rights Reserved"