Author Topic: Christmas Lights....up they go! Got photos? I do!  (Read 2027 times)

Offline miguynmkoi

• Trade Count: (14)
  • Members
  • Smile!
  • With us since: 23/08/2006
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
    • View Profile
Christmas Lights....up they go! Got photos? I do!
« on: December 09, 2007, 10:55:33 AM »
Well I'm late putting up my Christmas decor this year.  Normally, if there is such a thing, I try to get the outdoor lights up during Thanksgiving Sunday.  You know, gotta keep up with the Jones!  This year since we will be and have been away a lot so I'm putting up less stuff.  Extra pond work also pushed the decor to the side burner AND yeah I put up the stuff.  If it were up to DH no lights outside, only inside.

If you're still planning to set up your lights be careful and use safety precautions.  The show us your pics.  I'll try to get something going  :)
« Last Edit: December 11, 2007, 08:06:11 PM by miguynmkoi »

Offline mascot

• Trade Count: (3)
  • Members
  • With us since: 16/06/2007
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
    • View Profile
Re: Christmas Lights....up they go! Got photos?
« Reply #1 on: December 09, 2007, 12:03:37 PM »
Great Idea...I was going to post mine the other day but I didn't like the picture, so I took a couple tonight.  Nothing fancy, but since almost everyone on my block has white "icicle" lights, this kinda stands out a little.

« Last Edit: December 09, 2007, 06:32:53 PM by Blind 'Too »
I'm broke and can't afford to pay attention, so you might have to lend me an ear.

Offline happyoutsidegirl

• Members
  • Be An Organ Doner
  • With us since: 23/01/2007
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 10, 2007, 08:07:03 PM »
Hay BT that looks great!!!!! @O@ So Annette so where's the pix??? :-\ I'm not doing any decorations this year, trying to avoid the hollidays altogether, but I still want to see everyone elses! I don't even like going in the grocrie stores but can't avoid it altogether. Hopefully when I get to NYC I'll change my mind? MORE LIGHT PIX please :hug:
I'm just happier outside!
 Debbie
SunnyEastern Wa.
zone 5-6

Offline miguynmkoi

• Members
  • Smile!
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 10, 2007, 10:17:50 PM »
I was hoping to get inspiration here  :D   

Why is it so difficult to get all the plugs to fit on different strands of lights?  And it's cold outside at night!!!  But tomorrow after a visit to HD for electrical stuff I will brave the cold and get some pics.....mind you, nothing fancy.  Just enough to keep the neighborhood happy  ;)

Offline miguynmkoi

• Members
  • Smile!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 10, 2007, 10:20:16 PM »
Nice work Blind'Too!  I'm over icicles.  {:-P;;

Are you climbing your roof to set the lights up on your eaves?  I dare not anymore.  Can't afford to get hurt.

Offline mascot

• Members
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 10, 2007, 11:05:20 PM »
thanks, Annette...

a couple years ago when I decided to put lights up (for the first time in my life), I noticed that although I really did like the icicles they were on just about every house.  I'm partial to blue lights, so I decided to get the regular lights and only put them up on the lower part.  After two years they almost looked yellowish-white because the color was gone, so I spent a little more and got the LED lights and they're really bright.  I like the LED so much more and they should last a few years, too.

Last year I went up on the upper roof for the first time.  It's not so bad, just have to watch my footing.  Even though it's a one stroy house, the center is about 25 feet up...so it's up there!

I keep seeing my neighbors out there with staple guns every year and I don't want to take that long putting them up or down, so I went around the house the first year and put nails on the inside of the eaves.  Now it's so much easier to hang lights each year.  My 'hood gets pretty festive and it looks great at night.

So if you can get your hubby to climb up there and do the lights by himself, then he can tell everyone he did that trick without Annette...get it?  without A~nnette?  without  um, a ~ ne....   This thing on?...
I'm broke and can't afford to pay attention, so you might have to lend me an ear.

Offline happyoutsidegirl

• Members
  • Be An Organ Doner
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 11, 2007, 04:17:17 AM »
Very good BT, I used cup hooks. It makes it so easey.
 Debbie
SunnyEastern Wa.
zone 5-6

Offline mascot

• Members
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 11, 2007, 06:09:19 AM »
Very good BT, I used cup hooks. It makes it so easey.
I had thought about using cup hooks, but I didn't think I'd be patient enough to screw all of them in, so I did the nails at a bit of an angle and then bent them up.  I had to stand on the top of the ladder (8 feet at the very top) just to reach the upper points of the lower part of the roof and it was a little scary, so I definitely wanted something that would be quick! lol

I'm not afraid of heights, mind you, but the ground rushing towards me at a high rate of speed gets me every time! ;)

Offline miguynmkoi

• Members
  • Smile!
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: December 11, 2007, 04:23:46 PM »
Michael, in school, way back when, I was always the first one chosen to play hockey  lol

I don't know why I'm so popular at the lake....everyone always wants to take me fishing  :D

Like I never heard that one!!  ;D  Even though my DH has me around he still won't do the lights  :( ...he likes to use the bad back excuse  ::)

Hope I get a chance to take some pics tonight.  Been busy with DD, she fell down half a flight of stairs and sprained her ankle.  She got sick eating the meds for pain and inflammation.  So I've been doing double duty fetching and entertaining for her  >:(

Offline happyoutsidegirl

• Members
  • Be An Organ Doner
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: December 11, 2007, 06:04:33 PM »
Oh Dear, I hope she's ok Annette? Give her a big hug from me. How old is she?
BT, I'm not really afraid of hights either but the ground gets harder every year and my horse get taller every year. lol
 Debbie
SunnyEastern Wa.
zone 5-6

Offline miguynmkoi

• Members
  • Smile!
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: December 11, 2007, 07:31:12 PM »
Thanks Debbie for Giving my DD a hug.  But poor Mom needs it more.  She is running me ragged!  :o  For the past 2 days she has been adversely affect by the anti- inflammatory pill, pain med and the prilosec.  We found out the prilosec, which helps with upset stomach from the other 2 meds was making her very sick.  Today she's feeling much better and eating normally.  She's 21 yrs old and still needs Mummy.  :D

OKAY!  Here we go.  My lights, nothing fancy, and since we do not have snow I decided white lights and snowflakes would represent the snow.  Still very cold in the evenings so pictures are rushed.  Hopefully by this weekend I will get a few more strands of multi color strands around the lower front windows.  I gave up doing second story lights a few years ago.

I made the wreaths from ornaments I purchased after Christmas many years ago.  I like the fruit theme.

So I have my "lights" photos up!  Where are yours?!?!?
« Last Edit: December 11, 2007, 08:07:38 PM by miguynmkoi »

Offline happyoutsidegirl

• Members
  • Be An Organ Doner
    • View Profile
Re: Christmas Lights....up they go! Got photos? I do!
« Reply #11 on: December 12, 2007, 04:46:15 AM »
I just can't do decorations and lights this year, besides I'm leaving for Christmas, but here are the light on the pond this Am.
 Debbie
SunnyEastern Wa.
zone 5-6

Offline -Greg-

• Trade Count: (7)
  • Members
  • With us since: 27/09/2006
    • View Profile
    • Casa de Gunkel
« Reply #12 on: December 22, 2007, 11:52:57 PM »
A little late posting these as I put them up the weekend after Thanksgiving, however it is that busy time of year!! Merry Christmas everyone!

http://web.mac.com/gunkel04/Site1/Christmas_07_.html

Offline miguynmkoi

• Members
  • Smile!
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: December 23, 2007, 11:45:02 AM »
WOW!!  The view of your snow covered mountains and reflection is gorgeous!!  I'm also a push over for mini villages.  Love the ski lift!  Did I see a mini pond?  I'll have to go back and check  ;D

Offline Esther

• Trade Count: (9)
  • Members
  • With us since: 05/01/2006
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: December 24, 2007, 07:10:01 PM »
You guys are amazing. I didn't do any decorations this year. The older I get the less I do. I did go outside though and sprinkle white stuff all over. It'll probably be there until February or March.

Sitemap 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 
All photo's & content within copyright © 2006-2017 WorldWide WaterGardeners and it's membership "All Rights Reserved"