Author Topic: LeeAnne, others.. snow?  (Read 2342 times)

Offline Bonnie

• Trade Count: (43)
  • Members
  • With us since: 09/08/2006
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
    • View Profile
LeeAnne, others.. snow?
« on: January 04, 2008, 07:40:15 PM »
Northern CA  and other areas are getting alot of snow..... LeeAnne, you okay?

Offline frloplady

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Members
  • With us since: 10/08/2006
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
    • View Profile
Re: LeeAnne, others.. snow?
« Reply #1 on: January 04, 2008, 11:38:15 PM »
Isn't LeeAnne in Portland??
Mary

Offline marla

• Trade Count: (13)
  • Members
  • With us since: 14/02/2007
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 05, 2008, 06:58:59 AM »
But they also are getting lots of rain and snow in the mountains, the whole coast is getting slammed.  I heard winds today at gusts of 100mph, that's like hurricane force.  Do hope all on the whole west coast are fine.
Adopt the pace of nature;
Her secret is patience.
Town of Genesee, WI  zone 4

Offline happyoutsidegirl

• Trade Count: (3)
  • Members
  • Be An Organ Doner
  • With us since: 23/01/2007
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 05, 2008, 08:01:56 AM »
I'm sure it's snowing at my house? and here's a link to the pass I'm going to be crossing.  http://www.wsdot.wa.gov/traffic/nccam.aspx?cam=1132 So far still lots of rain here in Seattle area?
I'm just happier outside!
 Debbie
SunnyEastern Wa.
zone 5-6

Offline miguynmkoi

• Trade Count: (14)
  • Members
  • Smile!
  • With us since: 23/08/2006
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 05, 2008, 09:41:12 AM »
In Orange County, SoCal it rained big time for the first time in a very long time.  Thankfully the weather forecasters were not on the mark for our area when they predicted 10" of hurricane wind-forced rain.  My ponds water level is 2" higher than before the rain.  But it was windy rain, just not hurricane force.

The areas nearby that were devastated by the fires in October were in danger of mudslides.  The residents in these canyon areas were told to evacuate their homes but many stayed put.  Luckily there were no great slides but the hillsides are saturated and could cause problems with more rain in the forecast.  There is another front coming at us later.....

Everyone be safe and careful  o(

Offline LeeAnne151

• Trade Count: (24)
  • Members
    • View Profile
    • My Photo Galleries
« Reply #5 on: January 05, 2008, 03:27:33 PM »
It is wet and windy here. No snow. We have had a couple of light snowfalls but nothing stuck on the ground. Very rainy.

~LeeAnne~

“Women and cats will do as they please, and men and dogs should relax and get used to the idea.”

Robert A. Heinlein

Portland, Oregon. USDA Zone 8~Sunset Zone 6

Offline Bonnie

• Trade Count: (43)
  • Members
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 05, 2008, 06:05:40 PM »
Glad to hear that LeeAnne!  Some areas are really getting dumped on between the rain and snow.....

Offline frloplady

• Members
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 06, 2008, 07:40:29 AM »
Most of the snow in Wa and OR was in the upper elevations... I am one and we got a little bit..but the passes were suppsoed to get 10-18" of snow yesterday... Some of them may have but the one I went over in the am and back in pm didn't.  Road was bare and drying out when I came home!

Lots of wind in places...but only in places.  Small town here in E Washington got hit very hard..while surrounding areas barely had wind at all.
Mary

Offline happyoutsidegirl

• Members
  • Be An Organ Doner
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 06, 2008, 08:28:11 PM »
Hay froplady hope ya made your trip ok? My was a breeze compared to when I went over! I guess I made it inbetween the snow storms, TG. While I was gone we got another 5" or so of snow, but I guess it rained the day before and everthing turned into a solid sheet of ice. TG for 4 wheel drive. My driveway and been plowed out but was an ice arena.I hope everyone elde is safe from rain and snow damage.
 Debbie
SunnyEastern Wa.
zone 5-6

Offline LeeAnne151

• Members
    • View Profile
    • My Photo Galleries
« Reply #9 on: January 07, 2008, 10:07:43 AM »
supposed to snow here today, not worried about it. We do not get much snow. Wind and ice are more troublesome. Have had bad ice storms before.

Severe rain and wind on Oregon Coast in Dec, severe flooding in parts of Washington too. :(

There are two huge branches from the neighbor's fir trees hanging down broken, one is laying on our fence  >:(-
they never should have planted Douglas Firs as a hedge. They never sheared them either. Now they are 60' + tall and dangerous.
~LeeAnne~

“Women and cats will do as they please, and men and dogs should relax and get used to the idea.”

Robert A. Heinlein

Offline frloplady

• Members
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: January 07, 2008, 10:12:05 AM »
It's beautiful sunny "partly cloudy" here today.  Maybe fog down in town, but it's gorgeous up here..though not very warm.  We might get to freezing today.

Supposed to be a "storm warning" for snow tonight into tomorrow..Like I'm really scared..this year they have been terrible on our forecasts for over here.  The last storm we were supposed to get a total of almost 12" and I think we got 2 total.

They say rain in the mountains..and it's 27 degrees up there... :shrug:  go figure it out by going out the door and seeing what the weather is doing.. I think my mom in law does a better forecast just by how her arthritis is acting up!

Mary
Mary

Offline frloplady

• Members
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: January 07, 2008, 10:14:00 AM »
Hay froplady hope ya made your trip ok? My was a breeze compared to when I went over! I guess I made it inbetween the snow storms, TG. While I was gone we got another 5" or so of snow, but I guess it rained the day before and everthing turned into a solid sheet of ice. TG for 4 wheel drive. My driveway and been plowed out but was an ice arena.I hope everyone elde is safe from rain and snow damage.

I have an AWD caravan..as long as the idiots on the road stay out of my way I am perfectly fine and happy driving in snow and ice.  As long as they don't require chains on AWD I'm perfectly happy.  Knowing how my van does in snow and ice..if they ever require chains on awd..I'm going back home..   
Usually the worst roads I have to drive on are outside of my driveway getting to town!

Mary
Mary

Offline Desertponder

• Trade Count: (12)
  • Members
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: January 07, 2008, 01:15:10 PM »
It sounds like some parts of the coast are really getting hammered.

We've had rain and snow since Saturday. It rained all day Saturday. Then it snowed about 5 inches Saturday night. Sunday was major meltdown but it left slush and standing water everywhere so now we have solid ice. It snowed some more last night and has been snowy all day today.
My yard and driveway is a solid sheet of ice probably about an inch thick. >:(
Shanna
A true-blue kiddie pool, whiskey barrel & stock tank  ponder! :yes:
If it can hold water.....it's a watergarden!

Offline frloplady

• Members
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: January 07, 2008, 04:53:40 PM »
Ucky Shanna.
It got "warm" here today.. at least in the sun it did.  I saw 35 on one thermometer..but it is in partial sun too.. but now it's clouded up, getting later and already down to 25.

Tonight
A slight chance of snow in the evening...then widespread snow overnight. Snow accumulation of 3 to 5 inches. Lows 22 to 27. Southwest wind 5 to 15 mph shifting to the southeast overnight. Chance of precipitation near 100 percent.
[snow]    
Tuesday
Widespread snow. Snow accumulation of 4 to 8 inches. Highs 31 to 36. Southeast wind 5 to 15 mph in the morning becoming light. Chance of precipitation near 100 percent.
» ZIP Code Detail

We will see....... hmm just checked infra-red radar...uh oh..maybe this time they really DO mean it...
http://weather.unisys.com/satellite/sat_ir_enh_west_loop-12.html
Mary

Offline happyoutsidegirl

• Members
  • Be An Organ Doner
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: January 08, 2008, 04:23:17 AM »
The forcast have been all wrong over here too. Yesterday we wee saposto get scattred snow showeres and it snowed all morning. then last light we were to get 3 to 5" and got just a skiff. So today it's calling for snow so well see what happen's? I don't mind driving in the snow either. I have a big old Dodge ram 4wd and 200 lbs in the back end for better traction.My driveway is a bit trickey tho. Sometimes like now I need the 4W just to get up it as it is a solid sheet of ice.
 Debbie
SunnyEastern Wa.
zone 5-6

Offline frloplady

• Members
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: January 08, 2008, 08:25:18 AM »
Got more last night..have to go out and check for new rabbit litters...might snap a pic or 2..
Mary

Offline LeeAnne151

• Members
    • View Profile
    • My Photo Galleries
« Reply #16 on: January 08, 2008, 10:23:10 AM »
Not a flake of snow here. Some sun poking through the clouds yesterday. Hope it is dry again today. Already sick to death of rain.
~LeeAnne~

Robert A. Heinlein

Offline Sean

• Tropical Waterlily Guru
  • Administrator
  • Members
  • With us since: 05/01/2006
    • View Profile
    • Sean's Ponds & Patio Garden
« Reply #17 on: January 08, 2008, 03:05:56 PM »
we had a dusting of snow over night and I had to wipe it off the car before leaving for work but it melted a couple hours after I got to work.

Cheers,
Sean
Vancouver BC Zone 8B
...........Click my Gif's............

Offline happyoutsidegirl

• Members
  • Be An Organ Doner
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: January 08, 2008, 07:02:21 PM »
 :D >:( >:(-It snowed the whole blessed day! light then heavy, and so on.  We only got about another 2" tho.
 Debbie
SunnyEastern Wa.
zone 5-6

Offline Desertponder

• Trade Count: (12)
  • Members
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: January 09, 2008, 09:46:09 AM »
We woke up to more snow this morning. About another inch and still snowing.
The drive to work was a headache. ::)
Shanna
A true-blue kiddie pool, whiskey barrel & stock tank  ponder! :yes:
If it can hold water.....it's a watergarden!

Offline LeeAnne151

• Members
    • View Profile
    • My Photo Galleries
« Reply #20 on: January 09, 2008, 09:54:26 AM »
I've got a tad bit of sun glowing through the clouds and no rain at the moment. Rained all day yesterday.
~LeeAnne~

Robert A. Heinlein

Sitemap 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 
All photo's & content within copyright © 2006-2017 WorldWide WaterGardeners and it's membership "All Rights Reserved"