Author Topic: Where are the New Year resolution(s)?  (Read 1797 times)

Offline miguynmkoi

• Trade Count: (14)
  • Members
  • Smile!
  • With us since: 23/08/2006
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
    • View Profile
Where are the New Year resolution(s)?
« on: January 10, 2008, 04:19:12 PM »
I try to make two.  One, something that should be easy and secondly, something more challenging. 

My New Year Resolution is to put things away as soon as I can instead of putting it down for later.  Even if it requires running upstairs for one thing (I mean what could I loose besides weight?  :D ).

My Challenging Resolution is to let my mother walk all over me….wait did I just say that?  :o  This is an ongoing resolution and everyone who knows my mother know the rules.  I will try to call her more than she calls me to make the calls she makes less dire than they really are.  I am her ventee of everything under the sun.  Great thing is she taught me to be a great listener.

So far, my house is looking cleaner which makes me happier but my answering machine is doing all the work  {:-P;;  {nono}.

What's your resolution for the Near Year?

Offline Mikey

• Trade Count: (4)
  • Members
  • With us since: 05/01/2006
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
    • View Profile
Re: Where are the New Year resolution(s)?
« Reply #1 on: January 10, 2008, 04:52:04 PM »
I try to be a man of my word......therefore I don't make New Year resolutions....  ;D
American Ponders Watergardening
American Ponders Pond and Koi Forum

-Mike- Husband of one, father of two, friend of many-

Cypress, CA Z-10b  NWF Certified Backyard Wildlife Habitat #24958

Offline mascot

• Trade Count: (3)
  • Members
  • With us since: 16/06/2007
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 10, 2008, 06:46:57 PM »
My resolution was to stop procrastinating.  But I'm going to do it next year because I waited too long this year.
I'm broke and can't afford to pay attention, so you might have to lend me an ear.

Offline Jonna

• Trade Count: (2)
  • Members
  • With us since: 03/09/2006
    • View Profile
    • Blah... blah... blah... Ginger!
« Reply #3 on: January 10, 2008, 08:31:58 PM »
Well, I haven't had a cigarette in 2008.  I can't say I'm happy about it but I am doing it.  I'm chewing a lot of nicorette gum and wearing a patch and I've been sleeping more than normal, on purpose since I'm taking benedryl before going to bed.  I'm ok though, not happy, but ok.  I wish I could say I felt better but my allergies are much worse, I seem to spend my waking hours sneezing.

Offline miguynmkoi

• Members
  • Smile!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 11, 2008, 09:10:46 AM »
Jonna, this may sound weird but it works for most nasal allergies. 

Use half a cup of warm saline water in a squirt bottle (or any container with a spout that will fit into your nostril).  Over a sink - head to side, pour slowly into top nostril.  Hold your breath!  The water should come out the other side of your nose.    When you're done blow your nose dry.  Do this a few times a day and hopefully your allergies will go away without all the drugs!  Sounds gross and feels weird but it works!

You've just rinsed the cavity in your nose where all the gunk we breathe in stays.  Works for this former allergy drug user.

Offline Mikey

• Trade Count: (4)
  • Members
  • With us since: 05/01/2006
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 11, 2008, 09:21:16 AM »
Over a sink - head to side, pour slowly into top nostril.
  I've heard of that method before.  I think they call it "water boarding".  lol 
American Ponders Watergardening
American Ponders Pond and Koi Forum

-Mike- Husband of one, father of two, friend of many-

Cypress, CA Z-10b  NWF Certified Backyard Wildlife Habitat #24958

Offline miguynmkoi

• Members
  • Smile!
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 11, 2008, 11:31:45 AM »
I've heard of that method before.  I think they call it "water boarding"

Works better in the ocean  lol lol lol

Offline Jonna

• Members
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 11, 2008, 03:42:16 PM »
No thanks to the water boarding! 

But, you reminded me that I have a Neti Pot which is designed for just this.  I got it last summer when my allergies were really bad, used it a couple times and then forgot about it.  I'll have to find it and give it a try.  It's just a small pot with a pour spout that fits in your nose.  It is weird, but friends swore by it for allergies and as I recall it did help last summer. It was not the most pleasant thing so I think that is why I promptly put it out of sight and forgot about it. 

Offline happyoutsidegirl

• Members
  • Be An Organ Doner
  • With us since: 23/01/2007
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 11, 2008, 07:05:33 PM »
Jonna, congratts on the not smoking. If I'd of thought about it I should of gotton on the patch while in NY as I only smoked like 6 a day. It would of been so much easier being bussy all the time. but I'm bad now I'm back up to 10 to 12 a day :'(
I don't do resalutions either Mikey, Haven't for years as I just think it's stupid to make them and never keep them.  :-\ {:-P;;
I'm just happier outside!
 Debbie
SunnyEastern Wa.
zone 5-6

Offline happyoutsidegirl

• Members
  • Be An Organ Doner
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: January 16, 2008, 04:18:54 PM »
I know I said I don't make resalutions but yesterday I made a short term one that I'm going to try my best to keep! I'm not going to drink one drop of booz untill my b-day in 3 weeks! I know that sounds dumb to most but I need to dry out :D By the way Jonna, how's the quitting comming? I just started a book called The Easy Way To Stop Smoking, by Allen Carr.
 Debbie
SunnyEastern Wa.
zone 5-6

Offline miguynmkoi

• Members
  • Smile!
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: January 16, 2008, 04:25:15 PM »
Good luck on your resolution Debbie.  Long or short resolutions count every bit  @O@

Jonna, still kicking the c-butt?

Offline Jonna

• Members
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: January 23, 2008, 10:55:16 PM »
Yup! Still not smoking  @O@   I've been off in the boondocks down here volunteering at vet clinics and not online.  I tell ya, I don't know which was harder, no internet or no cigarette.  I think the internet was actually harder.  Guess I've got another addiction  {:-P;;  but I'm not quitting this one.

I am still chewing nicorette gum, some days my jaw hurts I chew so much of it.  But, other days not so much.  I'm not giving myself any deadlines to quit the gum.  I think even if I never quit it I will be better off without the smoke in my lungs and all the other stuff.

Oh, and I can breathe easier too!!  I'm not as out of breathe doing simple things.  I actually think my allergies are a little bit better as well but that could be the weather, it's been raining.  It's also been quite cool here - remember it is all relative ::)  There were a few days when the high was only in the mid 70s and the low was in the low 60s - we were all bundled up and freezing!  It's better now, the norte has passed and the temps are more normal - mid 80s for a high and mid 70s for a low. 

I didn't give up my nightly rum and coke though, hope you're doing well on that one Debbie.

Offline happyoutsidegirl

• Members
  • Be An Organ Doner
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: January 24, 2008, 04:16:35 AM »
Well I have already fudged it! >:(- I'v had a beer here and there. Saving up for the 8th.
 Debbie
SunnyEastern Wa.
zone 5-6

Sitemap 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 
All photo's & content within copyright © 2006-2017 WorldWide WaterGardeners and it's membership "All Rights Reserved"