Author Topic: Bamboo ??  (Read 845 times)

Offline small fish

• Trade Count: (13)
  • Members
  • With us since: 11/08/2006
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
    • View Profile
Bamboo ??
« on: January 16, 2008, 08:54:36 PM »
Ok, ya'll have me worried now... I have not posted in a while as life is busy.... but this bamboo thing... I read the post about problems with the bamboo being invasive... I bought and put some bamboo in my pond last year... it that going to be a problem with the liner??? ... I hope not as it is very pretty in the pond. ..... help, please....

Myra
Myra Shreveport, LaZone 8A

Offline frloplady

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Members
  • With us since: 10/08/2006
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
    • View Profile
Re: Bamboo ??
« Reply #1 on: January 17, 2008, 07:57:23 AM »
I wouldn't plant it in the pond? ... do you know what variety it is?  Hopefully someone with bamboo knowledge will know what it's habits are.

The problem bamboo was OUTSIDE of the pond and growing through the liner into the pond.  But if it can do that it may either take over or try to escape
Mary

Offline Mikey

• Trade Count: (4)
  • Members
  • With us since: 05/01/2006
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 17, 2008, 08:37:43 AM »
Myra:  I am not aware of any true Bamboo that will survive in a pond.  I'm wondering if you have Dracaena sanderiana a plant commonly sold as "Lucky Bamboo".  Lucky Bamboo looks somewhat like bamboo and loves water.  Lucky Bamboo will not damage your liner because it is not a bamboo and it does not have aggressive and sharp rhizomes that could poke through a liner.  Do a Google search on Lucky Bamboo to determine if that is what you have in the pond and/or show us a photo of what you have in the pond.
American Ponders Watergardening
American Ponders Pond and Koi Forum

-Mike- Husband of one, father of two, friend of many-

Cypress, CA Z-10b  NWF Certified Backyard Wildlife Habitat #24958

Offline Jerry

• Trade Count: (7)
  • Members
  • "An analog guy trapped in a digital world."
  • With us since: 05/01/2006
    • View Profile
    • American Ponders!!!!!!!!!
« Reply #3 on: January 17, 2008, 02:31:05 PM »
Betcha a buck Mike has it nailed! O0
Jerry
Northridge, California  
Zone 10

"Any women that tries to be the equal of a man, lacks ambition!"

American Ponders Watergardening
American Ponders Pond and Koi Forum

Sitemap 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 
All photo's & content within copyright © 2006-2017 WorldWide WaterGardeners and it's membership "All Rights Reserved"