Author Topic: Tink, Kim, Bonnie, Christy and others.. Weather conditions?  (Read 903 times)

Offline Bonnie

• Trade Count: (43)
  • Members
  • With us since: 09/08/2006
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
    • View Profile
Tink, Kim, Bonnie, Christy and others.. Weather conditions?
« on: February 21, 2008, 12:58:01 PM »
I heard that Louisville and other areas have already got ice.. right now we're just getting snow until later.

Everyone stay safe!

Offline bunny56lbc

• Trade Count: (38)
  • Members
  • With us since: 06/09/2006
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
    • View Profile
Re: Tink, Kim, Bonnie, Christy and others.. Weather conditions?
« Reply #1 on: February 21, 2008, 01:26:15 PM »
We're just getting the snow now , but they say the ice will be here by morning....( I hope they are wrong)

bonnie

Offline Bonnie

• Trade Count: (43)
  • Members
  • With us since: 09/08/2006
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 21, 2008, 01:33:34 PM »
Bonnie, we've started getting freezing rain now... we're east of you so you know what that means. :(

Offline Christy

• Trade Count: (1)
  • Members
  • With us since: 26/11/2006
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 21, 2008, 06:07:40 PM »
Bonnie, we have all freezing rain right now.

Christy

Offline Ky Kim

• Trade Count: (16)
  • Members
  • location: Louisville, Ky.....6 A/B ish, depends on which way the wind blows I think.
  • Kimberly
  • With us since: 10/08/2006
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 21, 2008, 08:40:23 PM »
Everything is covered in ice.  Looks like a winter wonderland.

hey let our high/middle schools out at 10am and the elementry at 11:20.  My dh picks up my daughter in the afternoons.  I was needing to get ready to leave for work.  I hadnt' had a shower or anything yet, and her schools is kind of far off.  If she rode the bus she would be on there a little over an hour because of the depot exchange.  When we drive straight there its only a little over 30 minutes on a dry day.  When the bus reaches this meeting place with other buses, so it takes time for the other buses to all meet.  Then she gets off one bus and on to another one.   I didn't want her sitting on a cold bus, and the weather getting worse.

(I wish the school she was suppose to go to was a better school.  I yanked her out of there in the middle of 3rd grade.  Its the lowest on the grading scale in Jefferson County Public Schools.  So we have to take the bad with the good.)

DH called and said he would call school and have her ride the bus and have the boys meet her at the corner.  I said I don't think so.  The deal was, with me starting a new job that if something happened that he would take off work.  He said OKAY, and went and asked his boss.  They let him, he hasn't been off since I met you for the Wakins (Bonnie) he hardly ever misses or leaves early.  He's been there 15 years.  So, he went and picked her up at 11:00 and said it was already getting slick. 

I went to work, and at 5 for my lunch I decided to go out and see if I could get into my truck.  Barely, I had 1/4 inch of ice all over it.  Normally my door handles freeze, not the locks.  It stuck a bit but managed to get it open.  So, I started it and just sat in there with the defroster running.  I had my my front and side windows clear by the time I went back into work.  I thought it would be better to do it then, than to have even more built up by the time I got off from work at 10.  It worked.  The main roads are in so/so shape here.  Lots of salt has been put down.  A few power outages....not us for once. 

I was so shocked that they sent the kids home before lunch.  I feel sorry for some of the kids, that would have been the only meal they got today.  I don't ever remember them calling school off before lunch since I've had kids or when I went to school.  The weather service was telling them to get the kids home as soon as possible or they might not get them home at all. 

Well, enough.......tomorrow suppose to be warmer and melting it away.

Kim

Ponds are like patato chips, ya just can't have one.

Sitemap 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 
All photo's & content within copyright © 2006-2017 WorldWide WaterGardeners and it's membership "All Rights Reserved"