Author Topic: Will this crazy weather...............  (Read 932 times)

Offline aravenschild

• Trade Count: (2)
  • Members
  • With us since: 28/12/2007
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
    • View Profile
Will this crazy weather...............
« on: February 13, 2008, 05:09:41 PM »
ever settle down? ;D ;D

Last week, 70 degrees, then thunder, lightening, heavy rain, high winds, and tornados!!!!!! :o All in one day!!!!!!!

This week.......... ICE STORM, everything is covered in ice,...the grass, the road, the trees , the power lines, everything!!!!!!!! covered in up to a 1/2 inch of ICE!!!!!

Between last weeks weather and this weeks weather, half of my old redbud tree is on the ground :( :( :(
and 2 Great Danes and 2 pit puppies are sitting next to it, discussing the best way to sneak it inside past me! lol lol

I guess its true what they say about Missouri,........... If you don't like the weather, then give it a couple minutes, it'll change.............

Vicky

Offline marla

• Trade Count: (13)
  • Members
  • With us since: 14/02/2007
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
    • View Profile
Re: Will this crazy weather...............
« Reply #1 on: February 13, 2008, 05:58:31 PM »
I think it's the same all over.  My son lives in S-SW Missouri, he loves to call when weather is warm, then when it's cold he calls to complain, till I tell him it's -35*F with the wind chill here......he replies yep, that's why I left. ;)
Adopt the pace of nature;
Her secret is patience.
Town of Genesee, WI  zone 4

Offline bunny56lbc

• Trade Count: (38)
  • Members
  • With us since: 06/09/2006
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 13, 2008, 07:40:19 PM »
Our weather is the same here , Vicky ....hot cold hot cold . I've alway's heard if ya can live in Ohio U can live anywhere ...

bonnie
« Last Edit: February 14, 2008, 06:40:09 PM by bunny56lbc »

Offline tinkster

• Trade Count: (46)
  • Members
  • With us since: 09/08/2006
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 13, 2008, 07:44:43 PM »
wonder if they are gonna have to develope new plants that can stand these flucs! I lost so much last year that bloomed out then got killed.. now I have some with buds and they are gonna die also :(

tinkster

Offline Julles

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Members
  • With us since: 06/06/2007
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 14, 2008, 04:50:43 PM »
Could we blame all this on .... the hole in the Ozone Layer?   ??     ::)

Offline miguynmkoi

• Trade Count: (14)
  • Members
  • Smile!
  • With us since: 23/08/2006
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 14, 2008, 05:03:03 PM »
I don't think I remember when the weather here has been so quick to change.  Last weekend it was in the 80's.  Before that it was a week in the 60's.  Yesterday went back to cold and foggy.  Today freezing (SoCal freezing means pulling out the heavy scarves  ;D) and rainy.  There was a light frost on the backyard mountains too!

My blossoms are out early this year too!  And lasting longer than the usual 2 to 3 days!  Which is a good thing as long as it doesn't heat up again.

Offline Ky Kim

• Trade Count: (16)
  • Members
  • location: Louisville, Ky.....6 A/B ish, depends on which way the wind blows I think.
  • Kimberly
  • With us since: 10/08/2006
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 14, 2008, 08:08:07 PM »
Ditto here in Louisville!  Crazy weather.  No wonder everyone stays sick.  I've seen people running around in short sleeves early in the day, then at night have on heavy winter coats.

Kim

Ponds are like patato chips, ya just can't have one.

Sitemap 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 
All photo's & content within copyright © 2006-2017 WorldWide WaterGardeners and it's membership "All Rights Reserved"