Author Topic: Dinner with friends  (Read 1542 times)

Offline Mikey

• Trade Count: (4)
  • Members
  • With us since: 05/01/2006
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
    • View Profile
Dinner with friends
« on: March 01, 2008, 11:50:09 AM »
The fetching Mrs. Mikey and I are presently up here in the Portland Oregon area visiting family.  Tonight we will be getting together with LeeAnne and DH.  I'll try to remember to bring the camera.  Hopefully it won't be too dark.  It's probably been three years since I've seen LeeAnne.  It will be fun. 
American Ponders Watergardening
American Ponders Pond and Koi Forum

-Mike- Husband of one, father of two, friend of many-

Cypress, CA Z-10b  NWF Certified Backyard Wildlife Habitat #24958

Offline Krista

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Members
  • With us since: 09/08/2006
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
    • View Profile
Re: Dinner with friends
« Reply #1 on: March 01, 2008, 11:54:40 AM »
oh lucky you!!!!!!!!! LeeAnne and Bob are both great people who I have spent some of the most enjoyable hours of my life with. Yes LeeAnne, even weeding feverishly prior to the bbq....lol

Mom of twins, knitting nut, and want to get back into water gardening.

Offline Sean

• Tropical Waterlily Guru
  • Administrator
  • Trade Count: (3)
  • Members
    • View Profile
    • Sean's Ponds & Patio Garden
« Reply #2 on: March 01, 2008, 01:41:55 PM »
Say hi for us, LeeAnne and Bob are great friends.

Cheers,
Sean
Vancouver BC Zone 8B
...........Click my Gif's............

Offline Mikey

• Members
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 01, 2008, 02:52:52 PM »
When I spoke to her earlier she said that she had been away from home for several days and the ponds were a mess with dead leaves and stuff that has blown in from neighbors trees.  I hope she's not out there trying to clean it for our benefit..........because that would mean that when they visit us I will have to do the same........  :P

Offline Bonnie

• Trade Count: (43)
  • Members
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 01, 2008, 07:34:00 PM »
Sounds like an awesome time! 
Be sure to post some pix.

LeeAnne hasn't been posting much lately, I miss her. :(

Offline Mikey

• Members
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 01, 2008, 09:56:43 PM »
We had a nice visit with LeeAnne and Bob along with several of their cats plus their neighbors cats that came over to visit.  The fetching one loved hearing the the tiny tree frogs croaking in the ponds out in the front yard.  They were so LOUD.  But everytime she would try to see one they would suddenly become quiet, not a peep. It looked like the lilies were starting to wake up from their winter snooze as I saw new pads appearing. 

LeeAnne and Bob treated us to dinner at the Chick-dump, a popular restaurant right on the bank of a large river.  The food was great but the company was even better.  The fetching one took a photo of LeeAnne and me but I'm not sure how to download onto this pc.  I may have to wait until we get home.....

It's always special to visit with Internet friends.  Thanks LeeAnne & Bob!

Offline LeeAnne151

• Trade Count: (24)
  • Members
    • View Profile
    • My Photo Galleries
« Reply #6 on: March 02, 2008, 08:27:56 AM »
Thanks for visiting. It was very nice to see you two.  @O@   :) The Fetching Mrs. looks wonderful but I'm not sure about that braid, Mike.  ;D   

Nope, didn't spend any time trying to clean out the ponds as you could see. Was too busy cleaning the house. It was bad.  ::)  I did spend about four hours weeding the previous Sunday but I didn't remember you were coming then, was just sick of looking at them. Now must get out and prune the Clematis all down.

We took Jerry and Krista to Tad's Chicken and Dumplins too. It is such a local institution, we always take visitors there. There just aren't many restaurants left that aren't national chains..

I took on a second job doing the same thing and have been very, very busy. The new boss is much more "in my face" than the old one but doesn't know the mess the previous rep left me. I'm having to fix things for people right and left without getting many orders.  :-\  I have not had much time to be online at all other than working.

~LeeAnne~

“Women and cats will do as they please, and men and dogs should relax and get used to the idea.”

Robert A. Heinlein

Portland, Oregon. USDA Zone 8~Sunset Zone 6

Offline Krista

• Members
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 02, 2008, 10:54:53 AM »
glad to hear a wonderful time was had by all :) Can't wait to see the pictures!

And yup, been there... great food, stunning scenery, and of course fabulous company!

Offline LeeAnne151

• Members
    • View Profile
    • My Photo Galleries
« Reply #8 on: March 02, 2008, 04:02:16 PM »
Spent all day doing yard work. There are 5 32 gallon paper bags out next to the already full yard debris bin. Cleaned gunk out of the front ponds, sheared a bunch of shrubs, pruned the Clemmies, cleaned up ferns and hellebores. Raked leaves out of the flower beds.

Bev, I had one of the frogs in my hand but didn't have my camera handy. He was in the flowerbed under leaves I was raking by hand.
~LeeAnne~

“Women and cats will do as they please, and men and dogs should relax and get used to the idea.”

Robert A. Heinlein

Offline Mikey

• Members
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 02, 2008, 04:25:43 PM »
While driving to LeeAnne's we spotted a beautiful double rainbow.  I grabbed the camera, stuck it out the window and hoped I would get a shot of it and not some passing car.  The double came out real faint in the photo though....

After we parked at LeeAnne's and Bob's house we saw the other end of the rainbow but decided it was too far away to look for the pot of gold.....  That's the fetching one pointing.......

Here's LeeAnne and me standing in front of their pond.  You can tell by the hands in the pockets that is was a bit chilly out.  The water in the pond was clear and I saw a couple of goldfish darting in and out of cover. 

This is what greeted us upon returning from dinner.  They are sitting inside LeeAnne & Bob's living room looking out the front window.  The big fella on the left is Marmalade.  At least I think he's a he...  The fetching one fell in love with him and would have taken him home if LeeAnne would have let her...........  Just outside of this picture window are the four smaller ponds in the front yard.  A neighbor's cat was busy trying to find the frog that was teasing her with it's song.....

Offline maryvonne

• Trade Count: (2)
  • Members
    • View Profile
    • My photo albums
« Reply #10 on: March 02, 2008, 08:36:43 PM »
It's wonderful to hear you had a nice visit. We had the pleasure of meeting LeeAnn and Bob a couple years ago now too. Nice photos Mike.
Maryvonne
Surrey B.C.
Canada

zone 7-8

Offline happyoutsidegirl

• Trade Count: (3)
  • Members
  • Be An Organ Doner
  • With us since: 23/01/2007
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: March 03, 2008, 04:19:02 AM »
Glad to hear everyone had a great time. Did ya get pix of her ponds?
I'm just happier outside!
 Debbie
SunnyEastern Wa.
zone 5-6

Offline Krista

• Members
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: March 03, 2008, 09:11:49 AM »
LeeAnne! ya look great! (You too Mike ;))

what pretty rainbows too.

LeeAnne, I would love to see pictures of your front ponds too and your boulders!

Offline LeeAnne151

• Members
    • View Profile
    • My Photo Galleries
« Reply #13 on: March 03, 2008, 09:17:57 AM »
The ponds were full of gunk, not really picture worthy. Lilies are barely growing above the rhizomes, not close to the surface. The front ponds are still not finished, the drilled rock columns are still by the side of the house in a pile.

That is Bob's big work van to the left of the Fetching One and Steve the neighbor's house to the right. Ours is behind the van. At the end of the rainbow you can barely see the snow covered tip of Mt. Hood.

Our three cats are all neutered males. Simba is in the middle and Bobcat to the right. Marm is going to be twelve this summer, the other two are about three. They both just showed up in the yard. Marmalade is a real people cat. He loves everyone.

It was a nice evening, come again in summer and Bob will fry a turkey or bbq, he has gotten quite good since we've been watching BBQ University on PBS and bought the books. I highly recommend them. He used to burn everything on high.
~LeeAnne~

Robert A. Heinlein

Sitemap 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 
All photo's & content within copyright © 2006-2017 WorldWide WaterGardeners and it's membership "All Rights Reserved"