Author Topic: 4 years ago today  (Read 1141 times)

Offline Krista

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Members
  • With us since: 09/08/2006
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
    • View Profile
4 years ago today
« on: March 06, 2008, 08:04:26 AM »
I was laying in a hospital bed trying to come out of a wild epidural that had me feeling like bugs were running up and down my legs inside my blood and my brand new baby boys were fighting for their life after arriving 13 weeks early.

this morning I'm laying in my bed playing on my laptop listening to my 4 year old boys trying to get all teh cat food back into the bag that they spilled an hour ago trying to feed the cat.

It sure feels great to have survived the wild first 4 years and to have 'normal' little boys. :)
Mom of twins, knitting nut, and want to get back into water gardening.

Offline Jerry

• Trade Count: (7)
  • Members
  • "An analog guy trapped in a digital world."
  • With us since: 05/01/2006
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
    • View Profile
    • American Ponders!!!!!!!!!
Re: 4 years ago today
« Reply #1 on: March 06, 2008, 08:10:19 AM »
It is great!  I am sure they will become fine men and good citizens.  They picked the right mom o(:-)
« Last Edit: March 07, 2008, 12:54:10 PM by Jerry »
Jerry
Northridge, California  
Zone 10

"Any women that tries to be the equal of a man, lacks ambition!"

American Ponders Watergardening
American Ponders Pond and Koi Forum

Offline marla

• Trade Count: (13)
  • Members
  • With us since: 14/02/2007
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 06, 2008, 08:29:54 AM »
I can here the joy and love you have for them in the post.  You are very lucky and hope you survive the competitive teenage years ahead.  Congratulations to the boys, soon they will be in shcool full time and the years will fly by.
Adopt the pace of nature;
Her secret is patience.
Town of Genesee, WI  zone 4

Offline mascot

• Trade Count: (3)
  • Members
  • With us since: 16/06/2007
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 06, 2008, 08:53:47 AM »
wow...13 weeks.  Isn't it great to see them playing now after all that?

A friend and his wife had a little boy that was 12 weeks premature....he wasn't in the best of shape, and in the first six months of his life his hospital bills reached over a million bucks, and were 1.9 million by the time he was 2 years old.  He pulled through and is doing well...and has the best parents he could possibly have.
I'm broke and can't afford to pay attention, so you might have to lend me an ear.

Offline Krista

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Members
  • With us since: 09/08/2006
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 06, 2008, 07:19:47 PM »
thanks guys :)

We are very lucky up here that we don't get 'billed' for things like NICU time. I'm sure our bill by the time they were 2 would be close but we don't have any clue as we aren't billed for it. I know comparing their care to friends Stateside that it would of been extremely high.

Well it was a good day... took them to an indoor play place and the three of them had so much fun. And i got a nice break too :) Now if they only had wifi there it would of been perfect...lol.

Mom of twins, knitting nut, and want to get back into water gardening.

Offline happyoutsidegirl

• Trade Count: (3)
  • Members
  • Be An Organ Doner
  • With us since: 23/01/2007
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 08, 2008, 03:46:38 PM »
Sorry I don't know how I missed this Krista. Please tell the boys belated happy b-day from old auntie Debbie. I'm looking forwared to meeting them this year, and YOU!
I'm just happier outside!
 Debbie
SunnyEastern Wa.
zone 5-6

Sitemap 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 
All photo's & content within copyright © 2006-2017 WorldWide WaterGardeners and it's membership "All Rights Reserved"