Author Topic: Help on Lily ID  (Read 947 times)

Offline Timgod

• Trade Count: (21)
  • Members
  • Houston, Texas Zone 9
  • With us since: 13/09/2006
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
    • View Profile
    • Timgods Graphics
Help on Lily ID
« on: September 21, 2006, 10:34:36 PM »
I purchsed a lily some time back. It had a tag on it as the Queen of Siam....I suspect that as incorrect....Can anyone positively identify this lily. I think based on research on the Victoria-Adventure it might be a Key Largo. It looks just like the pic by LouAnn Norman.
It is highly viviparous. Grows medium to large. Free flowering.
Here are the links on Victoria so you might look and tell me what you think. I would really like to know for sure the name of this plant...
Where was the Truly named program 2 years ago when I needed it?

http://www.victoria-adventure.org/waterlilies/day_bloomer_galleries/key_largo.html

http://www.victoria-adventure.org/waterlilies/day_bloomer_galleries/queen_of_siam.html
Thanks,
Tim
P.S. One of the photos of the Queen is by Lou so hopefully he will see this and can help.
On a quest for the elusive lilies...

Offline tranquility

• Trade Count: (72)
  • Members
  • With us since: 10/08/2006
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
    • View Profile
Re: Help on Lily ID
« Reply #1 on: September 22, 2006, 09:08:32 AM »
I can tell you that is diffently not QOS.....but, as to what it really is...you probably will never find out for sure...and really isn't good to guess-especially if you decide to trade or sale off springs later....Craig, has touched on this subject many times.....It was probably a seedling that popped up in a QOS pot...and withought waiting to see if it was indeed a QOS...whom ever you bought it from sold it ...which really should have been evident from the pad coloration that it was not QOS ..QOS has really heavy burgandy varigation....not the splotching like yours....so I would consider it an unnamed and go from there...It is still a lovely lily and I am sure lots would love to have it in their ponds...but, a QOS it is not....
Lawanna
Life is too short...... Live, Love, Laugh !!!!

Oklahoma-45 min. from Ganderville
Zone 7a :)

Offline Sean

• Tropical Waterlily Guru
  • Administrator
  • Trade Count: (3)
  • Members
  • With us since: 05/01/2006
    • View Profile
    • Sean's Ponds & Patio Garden
« Reply #2 on: September 22, 2006, 04:13:43 PM »
It is definitely not Queen of Siam. It could be Key Largo but the variegation on your pads does not match up completely.

I too would suggest just calling it an unnamed.

Cheers,
Sean
Vancouver BC Zone 8B
...........Click my Gif's............

Offline tammie

• Trade Count: (20)
  • Members
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 22, 2006, 04:18:06 PM »
I agree with Sean and Lawanna.  It's not a QoS.  I also agree that it is now "lavender/pink un-named vipi" lily. 
Tammie

Offline louis

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Members
    • View Profile
    • Lou's Views
« Reply #4 on: September 23, 2006, 07:57:52 PM »
hello tim,

i agree with all, its not QoS and i dont believe its largo either. looks just like a pretty unnamed seedling.

louis

Sitemap 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 
All photo's & content within copyright © 2006-2017 WorldWide WaterGardeners and it's membership "All Rights Reserved"