Author Topic: More lotus deviding ....... Growing TIPS questions....  (Read 699 times)

Offline tinkster

• Trade Count: (46)
  • Members
  • With us since: 09/08/2006
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
    • View Profile
More lotus deviding ....... Growing TIPS questions....
« on: March 14, 2008, 08:40:54 AM »
I have one more person that is wanting lotus that I havent been able to supply to yet.  I have a bunch of these type tips left.. are they viable even though the two growing tips are coming from the same   spot???  I wanted to post this and the picture of what I have left and they can read your comments and decide if they want to try them or not :)

thanks for any info!

tinkster

Offline Johns

• Trade Count: (11)
  • Members
  • With us since: 10/08/2006
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
    • View Profile
    • Garden Endeavors
Re: More lotus deviding ....... Growing TIPS questions....
« Reply #1 on: March 14, 2008, 08:50:36 AM »
Tink,

To be viable, each growing tip needs at a minimum of two tuber sections to guarantee survival.  The number of growing tips included is immaterial as long as there is at least one.

Offline tranquility

• Trade Count: (72)
  • Members
  • With us since: 10/08/2006
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 14, 2008, 08:59:56 AM »
I have seen pics from my plant books showing them planting those....I always done as John said--include at least 2....so maybe send them 2 of these as a just incase...hopefully one of the two will make it....
Lawanna
Life is too short...... Live, Love, Laugh !!!!

Oklahoma-45 min. from Ganderville
Zone 7a :)

Offline tinkster

• Trade Count: (46)
  • Members
  • With us since: 09/08/2006
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 14, 2008, 12:15:32 PM »
thanks yall!  Its a good thing I put 4 and 5 tubers in each box I just shipped, hehehe wanted to get rid of them quick .  Some I know had fat fat TUBER not tubers  with both ends having 2 and 3 growing tips  and I thought they were the bestest :)  I almost broke all the tubers into one tuber to cut down on shipping size as they all had so many tips, sure glad I didnt do that!

Sitemap 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 
All photo's & content within copyright © 2006-2017 WorldWide WaterGardeners and it's membership "All Rights Reserved"