Author Topic: Ever since I started working at Walmart  (Read 4314 times)

Offline happyoutsidegirl

• Trade Count: (3)
  • Members
  • Be An Organ Doner
  • With us since: 23/01/2007
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
    • View Profile
Re: Ever since I started working at Walmart
« Reply #30 on: March 12, 2008, 01:19:05 PM »
Sorry Mike, but that dose seem to be the way he works!
I'm just happier outside!
 Debbie
SunnyEastern Wa.
zone 5-6

Offline Ky Kim

• Trade Count: (16)
  • Members
  • location: Louisville, Ky.....6 A/B ish, depends on which way the wind blows I think.
  • Kimberly
  • With us since: 10/08/2006
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: March 12, 2008, 03:56:24 PM »
There is hand sanitizer on our watch station.  Doctor still seems to think everything that is going on with me is allergy related.  With the up and down weather we have had all winter.  Maybe I'm getting my spring allergies out of the way early this year.  ;)

Kim

Ponds are like patato chips, ya just can't have one.

Offline happyoutsidegirl

• Trade Count: (3)
  • Members
  • Be An Organ Doner
  • With us since: 23/01/2007
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: March 12, 2008, 04:41:57 PM »
Kim, I never had one allergy tell I started working in the Nurseing Home 11 years ago. Now it's getting really bad.But it's only when I'm at work. My Dr. also thinks the bronciotus and sinus crap I keep getting is stimed from the allergies. But so far we haven't found a pill that works very well for in there. wouldn't it be great if you could just move right past the alergie stuff?
I'm just happier outside!
 Debbie
SunnyEastern Wa.
zone 5-6

Offline Ky Kim

• Trade Count: (16)
  • Members
  • location: Louisville, Ky.....6 A/B ish, depends on which way the wind blows I think.
  • Kimberly
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: March 12, 2008, 09:05:39 PM »
Yes it would.  It gets me bad when I cut the grass.  I use to get seasonal bronciotus every spring/summer until I started letting dh cut the grass.  Since I quit cutting the grass no more bronciotus.  When the pollens get going, my eyes tear and swell.  Seems to get worse every year.

I get very dried out when I'm at walmart.  I wonder if its from the lights in the jewelry showcases.  They get pretty warm, and when I open them I think they smell weird too.

I also switched my bath soap.  Plain old Ivory right now.  For the past several months everytime I get the lever 2000 near my face, I would start sneezing.  Not my normal 2 or 3 sneezes.  I'm talking 8, 9 or 10.  I hope I don't end up having to have allergy test done.  Keeping my fingers crossed zyrtec d will keep it at bay.  I forgot to take my zyrtec d earlier this morning, and boy could I tell this afternoon.  I was so clogged up, and was wondering why and I remembered.  Took it, and by tonight I was pretty clear again.

Kim

Kim

Ponds are like patato chips, ya just can't have one.

Offline Krista

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Members
  • With us since: 09/08/2006
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: March 13, 2008, 12:01:37 AM »
glad to hear the meds are helping out..... and that your hours will improve to where you want them.
Mom of twins, knitting nut, and want to get back into water gardening.

Offline Jonna

• Trade Count: (2)
  • Members
  • With us since: 03/09/2006
    • View Profile
    • Blah... blah... blah... Ginger!
« Reply #35 on: March 14, 2008, 11:45:09 PM »
Glad you're feeling better Kim, and glad you got assertive with them. 

Offline marla

• Trade Count: (13)
  • Members
  • With us since: 14/02/2007
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: March 15, 2008, 10:56:23 AM »
Ky Kim, hope the meds work out for you, allergies are a beast.  Retail stores don't use much humidity with their heat on, always dry in the stores, get shocks and static all the time and if you have to do much working with boxes that cardboard is so drying on the hands, I think worse then dirt in the garden.  We have the same problem with our jewlery cases, wierd smell.  Our new cases tend to collect humidity and thus tarnish our silver jewlery quickly, they installed I believe it was copper stripes they said would alleviate the problem but it doesn't realy help much, and the smell is still there, I think probably the hot lights on the metals so it's probably a hot metal smell.
Adopt the pace of nature;
Her secret is patience.
Town of Genesee, WI  zone 4

Offline Vickie

• Trade Count: (8)
  • Members
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: March 15, 2008, 05:52:23 PM »
I work as a cashier at HyVee grocery stores.  In 6 1/2 years I have never had the flu and I handle  money. I have people cough and sneeze in my direction all the time. The only problem I have had is with my leg and knee and my back. In 2005 I had some surgery on my knee. I have been allowed to use a stool ever since. Something I have heard Walmart will not do. I was hired working no holidays or weekends. I used to work 25 hrs. Now I am down to about 15-17 hrs a week. They work with me if I need less hours. I get no insurance or bonuses. But as far as an employee of this store they treat us great. Also I was not raised on a farm. I think it is just some people have a better immunity than others.

Offline SueSTx

• Trade Count: (5)
  • Members
  • With us since: 11/08/2006
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: March 16, 2008, 06:05:20 AM »
Kim, I hope you are feeling much better. 

I have worked in the school cafeteria for 21 years.  You can't get more public than that.  Kids are always being sent home sick.  I get a sinus infection nearly every fall and spring...never sick other that that.  They are allergy related.

I probably wash my hand every 10 minutes all day long at least.

Offline karen J

• Trade Count: (7)
  • Members
  • With us since: 09/08/2006
    • View Profile
    • Karen's Frog Pond
« Reply #39 on: March 16, 2008, 09:29:51 AM »
Kim, I hope you get past this soon. Glad your hours are better.

I'm not a health professional so don't take me seriously, but I've been experimenting on myself by taking vitamin D and I think it works. I don't take multivitamins though, as there's been some reviews pointing to negative effects. But you can't get much usable vitamin D from foods, it can only be made in the skin. With all the crummy symptoms, colds, & allergies that happen so often in the spring, it could be from a lack of sunshine, and vitamin D deficiency that has crept up on us over the winter. 1,000 IU of vitamin D at Wal Mart is only a few bucks, it's not a fancy expensive yuppie thing.
We finally started getting some sun here, and everyone feels better & is in a better mood.
Karen
Northern Illinois, zone 5

http://www.pbase.com/karenfrogpond

Sitemap 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 
All photo's & content within copyright © 2006-2017 WorldWide WaterGardeners and it's membership "All Rights Reserved"